September 30, 2014 | 1589 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Medium Tan

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by 4tee1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Without a tan I am the "Medium" shade. I am trying "Medium Tan" as a summer foundation because I faux tan and tan from a bed and don't like the look of light face, tan body. And I don't like the no-makeup-look either. I chose this color because it matched my red undertones as opposed to golden undertones. Sometimes when hot and sweaty or out in the sun, I suffer from the butterfly mask across nose and cheeks that goes along with having an autoimmune disease. I have found no other makeup that can tone that down! Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by AliceinNeverland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this product ! It is nice to apply, it really gives a kind of natural glow. You may end up with cakeface, if you dont apply it like in the description. I have always preferred liquid foundation until now, but this is a powder foundation thats easy to apply, maybe better than liquid . The only disatvantage is the coverage, its sheer . However since I have been using this product my acne problem has stopped , and now I dont need so strong coverage anymore. I advice you to use some concealer under the foundation, to cover the spots that needs some extra coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by drcotton

I love how light this powder goes on... This is the most natural looking foundation I've tried! I use to MAC C40 and it has been discontinued and I was on a mission in finding a new powder. I love that I don't have to use very much for full coverage! After using this product, it has helped me with my acne and lessen the break outs. I highly recommend this product. The other benefit is that this powder lasts a long time. I would say for my last purchase it lasted me 11 months!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by shadesofsummer118

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product because it really helps to retain most of the oil from my oily skin! This goes along great with the mineral veil, too! It lasts all day and stays put! My only complaint is that the packaging doesn't come with a clear lid that stops the powder from spilling out :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well I used bare minerals for about 18 months and I was impressed. Then about a year ago I went on a bit of a cosmetics craze trying to find the perfect makeup. Part of this involved buying a lot of different foundations. I bought creams, liquids, powders, etc. All of them with many pros and cons. Today I used my bare minerals for the first time in a year and I have once again been impressed. Bare minerals does have some downsides. It doesn't give the best coverage, it doesn't last the longest and it doesn't do the best job of controlling shine. As a matter of fact it can add some shine. However I have decided that Bare Minerals does take care of the most important elements for me. It evens out my uneven skin and gives me a nice glow and most importantly it gives my face a nice soft and natural finish. At my age this is the most important element of a foundation. Last year I used a few liquid foundations that gave remarkable coverage and had great lasting power but somehow I just looked older when I wore them.
I also hated the feeling of having so much makeup on my skin, hated touching my face. Bare minerals really does feel like there is nothing on your skin and it looks like there is nothing there either, except for that your skin looks smooth and even. Now I just feel foolish for spending so much money this past year on a bunch of foundations that I am probably never going to wear again, as I have pretty much decided to go back to Bare Minerals. Merle Norman makes a beautiful mineral makeup too, maybe even better than Bare Minerals, however they have a very limited selection of shades and most of them are too pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by sabsprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My only complain is that taking off the plastic tab for the new sifter is a PAIN IN THE ASS. I'm very happy for the new sifter though. My BE concealer has the old one and on my trip to Hawaii, let's just say that it was a hot mess. The makeup, however, is fantastic. I put on some moisturizer, use the swirl, tap, buff method with my mini kabuki brush I got free from the BE store, and my face looks flawless. If you want to build the coverage, do the STB method, let it sit for a few minutes, then do it again. I have Filipino skin and this foundation is perfect for me. It also keeps my face from looking harsh and pale in the winter when all we have is fluorescent lighting. My visible pore and the little lines on my forehead are less obvious and my skin looks glowing. I also like to top it off with the BE Morning Burst spray for a little extra moisture.
I tried the matte version before in the same color as a free sample and I hated it, so I wasn't sure if this was going to be my thing. My mom uses it too and her skin looks fantastic as well, granted we take good care of our skin. This is amazing foundation, I totally recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by BebeMolly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am never, ever going back to a NASTY, thick CREAM foundation!!! I have used BE minerals for at least 5 years, and still love it. I have tried other mineral foundations, but still like BEs the best. A beautiful, dewy natural face. SOO many compliments on my skin, which I know when it comes off I have a very uneven skin tone, and many-a things to hide! DO not like the BE Matte foundation however, but like I said, this one stays a winner. I really believe a lot of people who don't like may apply too much or not apply it correctly. I used to apply way too much and it was just stacked on my face, exposing everything. It also makes a huge difference to have a nice brush and a CLEAN brush. Build up of the makeup in the brushes causes PIMPLES! & bad application. Get the brush shampoo! Oh yeah, and recently the packaging on this foundation changed to include a turny-top that shuts inside to keep the powder from going everywhere! GREAT!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2010 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Bindu2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do like this mineral foundation, it makes me skin glow and goes on effortlessly, I always get compliments on how my skin looks with this on - flawless. Ive been using this for about 6 months or so, it would last about 6hrs then shine would break through (not a problem really just one touch up is all i needed).

So why did i stop using this, well it started to clog my pores :( some nigh after wearing this after a long day from work i would look at my forhead and see all my pores clogged - i would literally get an extractor (the tweezerman one is excellent) and sit there extracting each pore of the gunk the foundation left behind - disgusting.

Overall, a nice foundation i would wear this only for nights out, not everyday as it WILL clog my pores. Since then i have moved onto MAC Face & Body which is a dream, i get the same look and this doesnt clog my pores.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Tried this at the store, there's glitter in it! why would I want glitter all over my face? I'll stick to avon's smooth minerals, thanks

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by niks3985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used Bare Escentuals off and on for 7-8 years and I always come back to it! I love the glow it gives my skin and I never breakout while using it, even if I forget to wash it off before bed. I always get a lot of comliments on my skin when I wear BE foundation. The key is to start off with a light hand and just add more in stages.