December 18, 2014 | 1086 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by deadmap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was given this primer as a gift and decided to use it as a base for my makeup on my work days. I don't typically use primer if I'll only be out for a few hours, but on the days where I work 9+ hours, I've experimented to see if this primer works well for me. I'm judging its performance based on the before/after quality of my makeup on long work days.

First off, this primer is definitely not oily (and I have some combo-oily skin) and does glide on smoothly. It does smooth out my face and gives me an even canvas to put my foundation on. It doesn't make me oily during the day and after foundation, I set my makeup with a powder.

After a long work day, my foundation has mostly worn off (especially around my cheeks) so I can't say this primer helps to keep my foundation on any longer than I would expect. I use a dewy foundation, so if this primer were used with a foundation that had a matte finish or was already long lasting on its own, then that might be a winning combination.

I don't have super dry or oily skin so I can't speak on that, but I will try a more long-wearing foundation with this primer to see if it makes any difference. Right now, with my current foundation routine, I'm not that impressed. It's not a holy grail primer for me and I won't repurchase.

This product seems to work differently for everyone, so I would recommend getting a sample or trying it on your skin before purchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved this stuff at first. But it doesn't really do anything that my hardcandy primer can't. it covers my smallish sized pores, and smooths my face and makes it easy to apply foundation. But it doesn't make my foundation last any longer than usual. And it makes my skin feel tight. pass.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2014 6:05:00 AM More reviews by georgiahmalone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didnt realise how amazing this primer was until I didnt use it one day! It makes my foundation so smooth and stay on all day. Although it is expensive it lasts a long time, I've had it for 4 months now and it hasn't run out and I use it everyday!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Cbc1015

I can't help admiring how it masks out my fine lines and pores everytime I put it on before my foundation. My regrets starts afterwards when my foundation starts to look oily and I always get a breakout from this.
You're going to be wow by this if you try it at a store but give it a little more time for the product to settle on your face before purchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Juliet66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it!!!! Smiths skin, perfect softness oil free.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this primer a couple times over the years. Its a clear, thick liquid that smooths on quite nicely and leaves the skin soft and silky; a perfect base for makeup. I can't say that it makes a huge difference in how long my makeup lasts, however so it gets 4 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by LittleViolet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I put this on over my makeup, rather than under it. It helps me diffuse shine when I know I am going to be teaching for 3 hours straight and can't re-powder between classes. Half a pea sized amount does it for me. i like it, but it is very expensive. the travel size tubes have better packaging than the full-size pump, which is impossible to get all of it out of.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by kvjm

This primer is HORRIBLE! I used it and washed it off before bed. I woke up with an extremely itchy, red and swollen face. My eyes extremely puffy and lips angry red, swollen and blistered. I have used many different makeup products and NEVER had this happen. This is completely awful! Save your money and don't purchase!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

I've been experimenting with primers, and this one is pretty good. It leaves your skin smoothed and primed and ready for foundation or powder. I'm not totally wowed by this product, but it does the job.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just don't get primers; I do know what they're marketed for, but I have never experienced any of the benefits. I had a deluxe sample of this particular product, and just like other primers I've tried, it does basically nothing. Well that's not true; it dries out my skin and makes it flakey. It doesn't make my pores look any different (I wish!), and it doesn't make any difference in the way my makeup goes on or stays on. I honestly feel like all primers, including this one, are a case of "the emperor's new clothes" LOL.