Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

on 4/22/2015 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Got a sample of this a couple of years ago. Too much silicone like most. Clogged pores bad!

on 4/12/2015 11:07:00 AM

Not for acne prone skin, clogged up my pores and caused me to break out! Did not see much difference in poor size or staying power.

on 4/6/2015 7:05:00 AM

I purchased this product about two weeks ago right before I went away on vacation to india. I was excited to try it and see how it would enhance my makeup. Considering the fact that India is exceptionally hot and humid, I knew I had to wait to come back to Ny to really see any results. I applied a pea size amount of this primer all over my face and then used the Clinique Even Better Foundation over it. I absolutely loved the results! My makeup looked flawless and stayed put for about 8 hours with no touch-ups or powdering in between. Prior to this, I used Laura Mercier's foundation primer in radiance, and I definitely like Smashbox more. I feel that the other primer did not make my makeup last at all! In terms of my skin, I do not have any large pores...my main concern was to find a base that would allow for a easy, flawless application of my foundation. Highly recommend.

on 3/30/2015 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this was my first primer and i used to adore it but now i think it's kind of mediocre - has that temporary filled in pore effect because of the silicones, but its claim of oil free is weird considering it feels super oily. never noticed a difference with my foundation wear time with it on, though.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have two mini versions of this primer and I do love it. it glides on the skin like butter, it keeps my makeup on all day, and it blurs my pores. it does exactly what a primer is supposed to do. the only dislike I have with it is the price. I feel like its way too expensive for a simple primer.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Thank goodness I only received a sample because this stuff irritated the mess out of my skin. The texture feels somewhat greasy and its best applied using a patting motion. I didn't start feeling a itchy sensation till the 5th hour of wear. As far as diffusing my enlarged pores...it looked great for the first few hours but then not only did my face look like one big enlarged pore but my skin looked as if it took a dip in a big vat of oil. Not a pretty look at all. For me it just wasn't worth it.

I got a sample of this from Sephora. My only other primer experience is Laura Mercier Foundation primer which does absolutely nothing. This primer does fill the small pores in my nose and I thought it did wonders for that. However I did not like how it dries out my cheeks and I look crepey and dry. I'm going to try using this on my nose only tomorrow and see how it goes.

on 3/15/2015 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i find that this primer has an oily residue which is really not good for someone who has oily skin. it does prep my face and make the foundation application easier but my face feels oily and slippery afterwards. I also don't think this primer is worth its price. I like the Pore-fessional foundation primer better because it is matte and powder so it helps absorb.

Cannot live w/o this. The only face primer to use! Been my go to for years & when tempted with other brands to try theirs. They fail. So worth the money, it's an investment.

on 3/9/2015 9:40:00 AM

So far I have not bought a full size product, but I have used several generous sample/travel sizes of this. I have combination skin; my main concern is my t-zone, especially my nose which is always red and shiny (flattering, I know). For me, this primer does make a difference. It's subtle, but instead of melting off my t-zone and nose, my foundation stays put for the day with this. For reference, I use ysl touche eclat foundation or the Dior skin nude - both of which have a beautiful finish but poor lasting power on my skin without primer. As others have said, this product has a very siliconey feel which does concern me slightly. But it gives a nice blurred effect to the skin, and my skin hasn't reacted to it. I don't think that this product makes enough of a difference to wear alone without foundation. I will buy a full sized version of this primer, but I am still looking for something better.