November 23, 2014 | 1567 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this primer a couple times over the years. Its a clear, thick liquid that smooths on quite nicely and leaves the skin soft and silky; a perfect base for makeup. I can't say that it makes a huge difference in how long my makeup lasts, however so it gets 4 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by LittleViolet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I put this on over my makeup, rather than under it. It helps me diffuse shine when I know I am going to be teaching for 3 hours straight and can't re-powder between classes. Half a pea sized amount does it for me. i like it, but it is very expensive. the travel size tubes have better packaging than the full-size pump, which is impossible to get all of it out of.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by kvjm

This primer is HORRIBLE! I used it and washed it off before bed. I woke up with an extremely itchy, red and swollen face. My eyes extremely puffy and lips angry red, swollen and blistered. I have used many different makeup products and NEVER had this happen. This is completely awful! Save your money and don't purchase!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

I've been experimenting with primers, and this one is pretty good. It leaves your skin smoothed and primed and ready for foundation or powder. I'm not totally wowed by this product, but it does the job.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just don't get primers; I do know what they're marketed for, but I have never experienced any of the benefits. I had a deluxe sample of this particular product, and just like other primers I've tried, it does basically nothing. Well that's not true; it dries out my skin and makes it flakey. It doesn't make my pores look any different (I wish!), and it doesn't make any difference in the way my makeup goes on or stays on. I honestly feel like all primers, including this one, are a case of "the emperor's new clothes" LOL.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by kjulia135

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

NOT WORTH THE PRICE. I bought this for $40 +tax.
It does make my skin softer and foundation seems to stay on well after applying the primer.
However, its too oily and I get red bumps or zits on my cheeks everytime I use it.
First time opening the product, a puddle of oil poured out.
I regret buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Jenhaas504

This is my everyday primer, its easy on and creates a nice base for me to do my makeup. Makeup just kinda glides on over this stuff and it works great. If I was going out or to an event, I would prob go for a poreless primer, which this is def not. But everyday it works great and the bottle will last you a while, which is good cause its not the cheapest!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2014 7:43:00 AM More reviews by selinaxkyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The first time I tried this primer I haaaated it. After a couple years I decided to give this a second chance and I am very glad I did. My issue the first time around was that I was too heavy handed with the application. This time I worked around my face in sections, using the tiniest dot along the way. It made all the difference. Instead of feeling like I had a mask on, this primer used sparingly evens out the skins texture. Foundation glides on top of this primer and additional products blend well.

Fortunately my skin did not have any strange reactions and overall it smoothed over some flakiness I've been having on and off.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by monis2186

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great primer, such a smooth finish. The 1.7 bottle goes a long way and does not have to be repurchased often. I probably will experiment with other Smashbox primers before I make this a staple for myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good primer, I like the "slick" ones. Went on well, did its job. I can buy drugstore primers that work just as well on me for a fraction of the price.