September 22, 2014 | 1870 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

To be fair, this product is OK. It applied easily, blurred the look of my pores and helped my makeup last all day and night. On the negative side, it did nothing to control oiliness, felt really greasy on my skin, and it's expensive. IMO the ELF primer seems exactly the same and costs $3US! However, I really prefer a mattifying primer that's more affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Polygon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my favourite all-time primer. I'm surprised to see that people tend to have mixed feelings about this product.

Anyway, the primer is very thick, almost like a gel. It applies easily, and the finish is just as promised, it minimizes my pores, and gives me that photo-finish look. My skin feels really soft and silky after applying.

Also, I've used this for a long time, and I've never had any breakouts.
This is my HG primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by MarJH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this as a sample and it glides on nicely and I liked it until my face broke out everywhere! Will not be purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by AmbyBambi88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is great for dry skin as it seems to hydrate my skin while smoothing it out perfectly.
I only use the tiniest amount and spread it all over my skin, and allow it to dry for a few minutes before applying my foundation.
This is my fave primer to date!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Kgb0712

First, I thought this primer was great. It made my skin smooth and nice, so I kept using it. Until some days ago, when my face suddenly got all red and irritated after applying my primer. I didn't understand why so I cleansed everything off and went natural to school that day (with redness in my face...). Yesterday I did the same routine and after applying my primer, my skin got irritaded again! It was all red like I had been in sun for hours, and my skin felt hurt as well. I looked up what this product contains and people, it is not a lovely sight. Maybe you will love this product, but it is not a good product for a long term use.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Sherikins

Update: the one in the purple container is horrible. Not sure if it doesn't mesh with my moisturizer or what but it's going back.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by alisonxellen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought that off Sephora at a 12ml for 10€ and I had read so many things about this primer and I never used any primer before. I have dry, sensitive, acne prone skin and I didn't get a rash or dry patches and it didn't seem to make me breakout. I'd have to say that when I first poured the product, a very oily liquid (???) came out and I had to squeeze more to get the actual primer. Also, it can feel oily when you first apply it so let it set a few minutes I think. I also noticed that my skin looked better and smoother with the primer than without. I wouldn't buy the full bottle because it is very pricey for just a plain primer but since you barely need anything, I think the 12ml bottle I have will last a while.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Roaringtempest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Product Works, but at the Cost of Complexion!

My mom has gotten a ton of samples of this over the years, and she has also bought it a couple of times.

Every single time I have ever used this, because I am stubborn and want to look great for extra-special occasions, I break out. Not just one pimple, but several deep, painful ones usually on the chin area. If I stop using the product, these clear up in a couple of days just from being able to breathe. However, if you've been reading so far, then you know I am stubborn. Do not make that mistake. It was bad. I looked terrible, I felt terrible and they are painful.

Pros:
- Product DOES work. Minimizes pores, ease of further makeup application, etc.
- Makes finished makeup look more polished, helps with wear.
- Helps smooth imperfections- dry patches, large pores, etc.
- Not an overwhelming fragrance.

Cons:
- Always breaks me out, even after just one day of use. Painful, deep pimples. Doesn't allow skin to breathe at all.
- It did feel a bit heavy I found, especially when I first tried it as a little goes a long way! So keep that in mind- it's very easy to over apply.
- Does have a bit of an oily feel too it. Not overwhelming but it's there. Might add to the breaking out point above.
- I would not recommend for every day use and I would only suggest for evening/night looks. Unless you wear a lot of heavy makeup during the day, save this for your fuller looks.

This is all based on my personal experience with the product, over many years and different stages in my life. I do consider my skin sensitive, but mostly with cleansers and moisturizers.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Crisalta82

I have done extensive research and tried many primers, and this one is by far the best and non-oily. It helps with the look of my pores and the texture of my skin. I very much recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by kittypasa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it!! best primer ever!