September 21, 2014 | 1730 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Jergens - Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Sharon1105

I just started Natural glow for face for fair skin tones about a week ago and I already see a nice light tan. This is the fist tanning lotion I've ever used on my face and wanted this because it slowly builds a tan and you don't wake up orange the next morning. But after second day using it I started see nice natural looking tan. I am very sensitive to smell and this doesn't bother me at all, can barely smell anything. I use it almost every night after washing my face and I mix it half with my regular face lotion. I definitely would recommend this product esp if first time using tanning lotion and scared of orange fake looking tan

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by swizzlequeen24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am pale and I lovveee this product! It smells good, it is so easy to apply, it looks natural and not orange at all, it's just one of my favorite things and I really can't fin anything negative to say about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by miamiamay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical because I'm pretty fair and didn't want to look like an Oompa Loompa. The color is gradual and natural- not orange-y at all. It's also really easy to apply- not streaky at all! Within about 2 days I noticed a difference, and by the first week I really did have a "natural glow" :)
The smell is really good for a sunless tanner, however I wish it was a little more moisturizing. I like the price too- it's $10 and the bottle lasts. Overall great product for people who don't get tan! Worked for me!

****UPDATE**** This stuff rubs off everywhere! Be warned! It takes a while to "completely" dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by chloecaylen

I absolutely love the Jergens Natural Glow tanning lotion. I have very fair skin and this gave me an amazing tan after just one week. I am going to continue to use it too keep the tan. The only downside is if you do not rub it in all the way it will stain your clothes or bedsheets. The pricing is great, its only like $10 at drugstores. I would totally recommend this product to anyone that wants a natural looking tan. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by cfeldman7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my life saver for the winter months! I don't think tanning in a bed is worth while during the winter months; spending money to damage your skin. So I think the winter months are a good break for my skin from sun exposure since I do live near the beach and this stuff gives me the perfect glow! I love how I can take a shower and put it on before bed and it dries quickly leaving my skin soft, not sticky, and not with that gross tanning lotion smell. It has a very faint smell though, I don't even notice it most of the time. Just make sure any dry spots are very moisturized before putting this lotion on them, or else the color will absorb more there making it a little blotchy. I have very sensitive skin so I haven't tried it on my face, but if I wanted to make my face tanner with lotion I'd use the formula they have specifically for that. This is made for your body! I also am pretty fair skinned in the winter months and I purchased the medium-tan skinned formula to get faster results, and the color is great! Not orange whatsoever. I use it two days in a row and then rest a day. My favorite tanning lotion!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Lforde46

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this for the last several summers as an easy, gradual self-tanner. I use it every other morning when I get out of the shower just like regular lotion. As a matter of fact I would have described it as un-screw-up-able until I read some of these reviews! Just some common sense notes:

1.) Use very lightly on dry patches. If you don't have a regular moisturizing regimen, don't expect this to work perfectly. You can't just rub it into dry knees and ankles and expect it not to blotch up.

2.) Don't use it on your face! Seriously, folks? Do you use your Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom lotion on your face? Don't put this stuff there either! Jergens makes a separate product for that!

3.) Why would you use this $9 Jergens tanning product from Target if you have sensitive skin?

4.) Pick a color just a shade or two darker than your regular skin tone. This is not the way to go from fair skin to a deep tan. If that's what you want find a professional spray tan artist.

Basically, just don't have unrealistic expectations and understand the limitations of this kind of product. It's $9 Jergens, not $32 Million Dollar Tan. Don't expect the same results.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by sophialuisa

I read reviews of people saying this made their face break out.... you are NOT supposed to use this product on your face, so if you had that problem then it's your own fault.

I personally love this product. I don't find the new "odor free" version to be completely odor free.. but i don't find the scent overpowering, i think it smells lovely. :) i'm very fair skinned, so any other instant self tanners i've used just made it so obvious that i've used them. but this is a gradual tanner like they say, and i've been using it for about 2 weeks now and my went from ghost white to a beautiful natural glow! i will definitely be repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by heyitssamyrae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this stuff! (the new no-odor kind at least).
On me, it doesn't smell like self tanner at all. Even after a full night of developing. Just has a slight perfume-y scent, but nothing major.
It is pretty thick, but I don't find it taking forever to soak in. I always apply it at night, wait about 3 minutes or so before I get dressed, and I'm not uncomfortable. You can definitely feel that you're wearing it, but it doesn't bother me as I have pretty dry skin.
The color is amazing! I have the medium-tan one, and I am very very fair naturally, like glowing white without tanner. I have used Fake Bake Flawless, Fake Bake Xtreme, Sun Labs Ultra Dark, and St. Moriz mousse, and I do like them all, but the color guards I hate as they smudge off on everything, and they don't last on my skin AT ALL. It also takes forever to build them up. With this, I apply it twice 2 days in a row to get a good darker color going, then once a day after that as I have to apply moisturizer anyway, and I maintain an even, non-splotchy golden tan! It seriously is the best I have tried and I won't go without purchasing this now! It's become my new holy grail self tanner! :)

I know everyone's skin is different so others might not have the same results as I have had, but this is the best tanner I've tried personally. I'm so happy that I randomly decided to give it a try again after years and years, because I can't go without it now!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by fashionbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was so excited to buy this product on my trip to the USA because of the "Finally! Great color without odor!" bubble on the packaging. So I slapped it on excitedly and a few hours later, BOOM. Stinker. This is not an odor free product. It is a strongly scented product after a few hours. I get really bothered by fake tan smell and this has it in spades. So that's disappointing. Otherwise I got a bit of color which is great and it was natural looking - but I am very pale so take that with a grain of salt.
Ultimately, because the packaging told me lies, I will not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Raved

I've used this three times already in the shade Fair to Medium the new Odor-Free formula. First of all, I think I may have picked the wrong shade because the Fair to Medium doesn't seem to be doing anything -- at least when I applied it the first time, although whenever I purchase make-up I've always had to get the lighter shades. I was just going to go and repurchase the Medium to Dark shade when I noticed that after applying this, my skin would get really sensitive to clothes chaffing and pretty much anything and it would get irritated easily. I do tend to get rashes in the summer, so I wasn't sure if it was just my regular summer trouble or if it was this lotion...so I went ahead and put it on again the next day.

IT ITCHED. SO. BAD. I put it on the next day as my family and I took a roadtrip to my college town and oh my god. I could barely HANDLE it. The itching was all over my legs and stomach and back (exactly where I had applied the lotion) and of course at the end of the day, I had a rash that extended all across my back and stomach and itchy spots scattered on my legs. It was really terrible. However, I'm really stubborn and I really wanted this to work so I went ahead and put it on a couple days later.

Within five minutes of applying it, my skin became itchy AGAIN. It wasn't as bad as the last time though, so MAYBE (???) my skin is beginning to tolerate it? I don't know I'm going to try it again another time and maybe update this review. Overall, I really do like how it works, the change in skin tone is subtle but there, its perfect. However it does cause a rash on sensitive skin and it can range from severe to mild. I'm going to try and continue wearing it and see how it goes. ^_^d

***
UPDATE: I discovered that this indeed was what was causing my rashes and so I've shelved this product for good. Apart from the rash I found that it did its job, but after those three to four days, it was very difficult to remove I found. I would scrub the areas where I had applied it and it would LOOK like it was gone, but today (a week later!) I noticed that on my stomach there is still some dried product left that is making my tummy look like I have crocodile skin LOL...it also settled into some cat scratches I didn't even know I'd had, but it just goes to show you have to exfoliate VERY well before applying this -- it'll just settle into tiny cuts if you don't and make it look like your legs have awkward stretchmarks. :((
Overall, I will not be purchasing again but I also think that it could definitely work for others who are better at exfoliating/scrubbing than I am. So I mean, try this product it's definitely something that has the potential to give you a perfect tan.