October 22, 2014 | 2084 users online

Blush - Giorgio Armani - Fluid Sheer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by JaydenReece

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is fricking amaazing! This review is for shade 8 which is a gorgeous Gold/copper colour... Best highlighter ive found!! Believe me ive tried loads and none of them compare to the natural glow this gives!! Im an nc40-42 in Mac and this is a great highlighter! The most natural ive found and rather than glitter or shimmer this gives a natural sheen! Such beautiful packaging too! Works great with armani's Luminous Silk foundation! Will ALWAYS repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I'm not sure why it is listed as blush - online and in store it is described as an illuminating veil and this is from the online description: "make up base shades, correcting shades and radiance boosting shades. Blend your favorite fluid sheer with foundation to add radiance, polish and sculpting definition to your complexion. Or use it alone as a makeup base."

My review:

Best subtle liquid highlighter/illuminating product ever made. It gives your skin that "makes others wonder what you did", but it's hard to tell. It is literally that glow, lit from within look I want - in a pump bottle. A highlighting product suitable for adults. No big, chunky glitter that slides all over your face and migrates into lines here. It's subtle, sheer and feels light on skin. It's almost water-y in consistency, like a liquid foundation. Very easy to work with. I apply this to highlight my cheekbones, corner of eyes, browbone, cupid's bow and sometimes top of nose. I have NC25 skin and use #2 or #7 most of the time because it's suitable for day time as well. In my opinion - all the shades can work for day or night depending on your skin tone. But I own #2, #3 and #7 plus some small tubes of samples in #4, and #10 so can only comment on those. Even the sample tubes have lasted me over 5 months, and they are 5mL sizes. You need just a drop of this, either mixed with foundation or applied directly to highlighting areas. It brightens up skin, and it really adds a subtle luminousity, a soft-focus glow to skin. I can't explain it any other way, but it's just plain and simple lovely on skin. Especially perfect for dry, dull or tired skin that needs a bit of perking up. I've tried so many different illuminating products from drugstore to high end (ended up returning even Hourglass Ambient Lighting finishing powder - Armani gives a better, more realistic glow-y look without the powdered look of Hourglass). I don't know how Armani did it, but this is absolute perfection. I'd give it 10 lippies if I could!

It is ridiculously overpriced at $59 for 1oz but I haven't found a cheaper dupe of this that I'm as happy with.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by ltnla

I want to roll my eyes whenever I hear "lit from within", and I still don't really buy the notion -- but this product comes pretty darn close. It's been around for a while and I can't believe I just discovered it. It's supposed to be a "luminizer", which I suppose is same as a highlighter or maybe more subtle than a highlighter (lit from within??). There's a good range of shades from very light to darker bronze that should be suitable for all skin tone, to use as a highlighter or glow type product, or as a sheer liquid blush. I chose #5 (a light peachy coral) because I want to use it as a blush. You can layer a blush over it; however, I prefer to use by itself ( on bare skin or over foundation) bc layering a blush on top seems to defeat the purpose of having a natural, barely there glow. Pretty fool proof. I prefer to use my fingers to dab and blend, as I think a brush is unnecessary and would waste too much product. Make no mistake though that this is pretty sheer, with the exception of 2 or 3 pretty pigmented shades (#6--deep coral; #9--bright raspberry; #12--bronze -- though these can easily be blended out for a sheer look).

The effect of the shade I chose is probably not "that" different from a number of my cream blushes when sheered out, but it is pretty wonderful and very natural. It's one of those ironic things about cosmetics, isn't it -- where you pay a ton of money to look like you're sorta born with it ("maybe it's Maybelline, maybe she's born with it"). Very tempted to get another shade, but probably won't because at 30ml/1 oz, it will last forever since very, very little is needed. Not crazy about the pump packaging b/c too much comes out, but with a bit of practice, I can get just the right amount needed. In short, I love everything about this -- the look, feel, effect, but not like it's life changing. Try this out if you feel like a splurge, though there are plenty of highlighters and even cream blushes that would give a similar effect (depending on the shade).

(I want to add that the reviews here for shade #5 are for something completely different; sounds like an old Armani product, b/c the reviews talk about "color-correcting", which is not what this product claims to be)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know whether I'm thinking of the right product as everyone else but I hope so, because I was pleased to see the positive reviews. The Fluid Sheer I have is plum coloured in a pump bottle.
I use this like I use Benetint - for a natural, sheer pink flush on the cheek.
that said, this FS is far superior to Benetint. The FS gives a similar colour in an easier-to-control formula (by comparison, it takes a few goes to learn how much Benetint to apply to not look like a prostitute), you only need the tiniest, tiniest bit on the end of a foundation brush to give a great blush, and where Benetint is matte, FS gives a slight shimmer - not glitter, but a proper glow. I would normally use a blush with highlighter blending onto the cheekbone however with FS this removes the need to have a separate highlighter.
I love love love this stuff and if the bottle ever runs out I'll repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 8:23:00 AM More reviews by khadijanile

love this product. i use the 8 and put a pump in with my foundation to give me a fantastic glow. LOVE IT!!! blends well, PERFECT!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2008 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Laurski

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The girl at the counter gave me a little sample tube of this and I'm going back to buy it. I don't remember the color but it was the perfect bronze. MAKES YOUR SKIN LOOK FLAWLESS!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2006 3:58:00 PM More reviews by sopie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The perfect foundation to get that sexy, dewy look. It goes on smooth with just the right amount of coverage to even out skin tone without ever looking cakey. it really just makes the skin glow. You can even apply over foundation if you want more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2005 12:27:00 AM More reviews by ladybella72

I LOVE FLUID SHEERS!!! They are fabulous! I do agree that you can pump out too much no matter how hard you try. However I use the excess on my lids and lips! I have #4 and it is a beautiful berry shade that works all year round and on all skin shades

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2005 10:25:00 AM More reviews by t4729

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a fluid sheer addict...I have them all and love them all. I use each one in a different way depending mostly on whether I am self-tanning at the time.

They are expensive but last forever. I have read many complaints about the pump dispensing too much product. If you are careful and practice you can get a half pump. Also, for the fluid sheers that I use to highlight my eyes, I pump a little into a plastic CD case, use what I need and close the case for tomorrow. This will usually work for 2 days before they dry out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2005 12:55:00 AM More reviews by devotchkaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i purchased this product after a woman at the department store applyed it and I thought I looked great. alas, it didn't look as great outside. i don't like the whole liquid blush idea. it's very bronze in appearance and it's easy to apply too much and resemble a bronze statute. over priced and ineffective.