Almay Whipped Gloss in Pinched Pink Swirl

2.5

on 5/16/2011 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I picked this one up for 3 AUD at a cheap cosmetics dealer at a market. All I can say is....you get what you pay for....tbh, I actually fell for the colour...the sparkly mix of pink and white did it for me. Maybe I shouldve asked for a tester because turns out the product sucked. I'm not a giant makeup person and with the exception of eyeliner, only wear makeup on special occasions, but after wearing it 3 times it went in the trash.
Colour: earned the 2 lippies.
Smell: like chemically crushed up cheap breathmints.
Feel: After one sparse brush, it feels slike a waxy, slippery coat of paint that likes to slip into your tongue.... that tasted so plain in an artificial way. Gross.
Stay on power/duration: um, I don't think it dried at all. I was unable to move my lips without feeling the stuff stick together and found it really hard to drink or eat. Had to wipe off...it was a pain to get off considering the stupid glitter stuck. And with that the artificial taste.
Effect on lips: way too shiny, made them look more white than pink, made them look "sweaty" and the sparkles gave that a cheapening tarty effect. Not digging it!!! When I wore it over some lipstick for a party, it liquidised the lipstick too....:/
So yeah, overall I'm pretty not impressed.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is terrible!! I think I bought this a few years back on clearance and I recently dug it out of my makeup bag. The smell is like minty nail polish remover...gross! The colour is super light pink (almost white looking and frosty) and very shimmery. My boyfriend joked that it looked like I had cum on my lips when I put this on! THAT'S how bad this colour is - some of the other whipped glosses might be alright.

The packaging is nice, as is the brush applicator...that's the only good thing I can say about this product.

on 12/23/2009 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I dug into my lip gloss stash and brought this up and decided it would look good with the blue sweater I'm wearing. I'd forgotten how much I really like this gloss! Yes, there's a whitish tinge to it when you first swipe it on, but then - at least for me - it blends into my lip and just leaves this super sheer pink shade. It almost is a YLBB for me. The brush applicator is a plus, also. Love brush applicators!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Though I really liked the colour in the tube - a shimmering pink - I hated the colour on. It was too pale & had a white cast to it. In addition, I didn't really like the feel of the gloss. I can't explain why - it was just too noticeable or slimy or something. & it smells like medicated plasic :/ The price was right though - I got it at Big Lots for less than $2. I won't be buying this again, but perhaps someone with a lighter complexion might like it better.

on 8/12/2005 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love the shimmer in this and the color is great too, but the best part is the lip brush instead of a sponge applicator. I got this shade to wear over colors that are a bit darker and it is working great!
EDIT- this color ended up not working for me - it's just too light for my PPP complexion and washed me out.

on 6/12/2005 10:37:00 PM

First whipped gloss Ive tried and its one of the new swirl ones. Overall its great, I love the color - its similar to MAC's lusterglass flusterose (the texture/smell differ) but the color is pretty similar. The color is medium pink with a lot of shimmer.

Popular Lip Glosses