October 21, 2014 | 2074 users online

Treatments (Face) - LUSH - Whoosh Temple Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2010 8:41:00 AM More reviews by valentineshigh

as a college student, im always in need of a pick-me-up but i avoid caffeine stimulants and energy drinks because theyre crap for your body and theyre only short term. that being said, i was looking for something that would be able to wake me up in an instant and i came across this product! at first sniff, its a fresh citrusy and slightly herby scent, but if i sniff it too much it begins to smell like dishwashing liquid. i rubbed a bit on my temples and wrists before i entered a lecture, and i cant say that i felt particularly awake or concentrated during the lecture. the smell also fades quite fast (after about 5 mins i couldnt smell it anymore). i initially thought it was more of a placebo product, but yesterday i spent the whole day sniffing it because it smelt so darn good, and i actually couldnt get to sleep at night! lol

the smell, texture and packaging is very similar to that of l'occitane's verbena solid perfume. i think this lush version is a great dupe for it (less than half the price of l'occitanes) but l'occitane's is a perfume, so the scent actually lasts a few hours. just for anyone who might be interested, haha.

im not sure if ill re-purchase. im very interested in the whole concept of aromatherapy at the moment, so im keen to buy 'flying fox' temple balm as well. but for now, im still on the search for my pick-me-up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Much better than Party on. This smells just like Avobath to me...citrusy due to the mango butter, avocado and grapefruits among others. This one will be a keeper. I dont know if it will keep me up and energized...but hey its smells good.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2008 7:54:00 PM More reviews by pinkpixey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was quite disappointed with this because I felt it was overpriced. It came in a tin that is a bit hard to open.It has a nice citrusy lemon smell, but fades away very quickly so I just sniff it from the tin. As for keeping me alert, I don't really notice much of a difference. I would much rather buy the whoosh jelly and rub it onto my pulse points than buy this, as it would be cheaper to do so.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2007 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Sophaholic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I adore the smell of this balm - really lemony and uplfting. I also love the tiny screw-top tin, which is very cute and fits in the teeniest of purses. Couldn't really say that it affects my energy level/calmness long term, and unfortunately the scent doesn't seem to last too long on the skin. But it's so lovely, I'm quite happy to reapply!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2007 11:40:00 PM More reviews by sparklypenquin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When I put this on my temples, it doesn't feel like anything. I can't even smell it once it's on. But I like the whoosh scent so much that I often just open it up and smell it out of the tin (and don't even bother putting some on, usually) and the wonderful smell does pick me up and make me happy. So - not quite what the product claimed to do, but I enjoy it nonetheless.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2006 5:57:00 AM More reviews by zeebrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a waste of money! For a temple balm, I couldn't smell a thing and I put layer upon layer. All it did was ruin my makeup! I tried putting it on my pulse points and nothing either! Amazing because I have the Dreamtime temple balm and it works amazingly at night. I smell it easily and I even use it on my SO and he likes it as well. But Whoosh, NOTHING! I gave it 2 lippies because the smell is fantastic. Too bad it doesn't work the way it should.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2006 4:33:00 PM More reviews by annmarie91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the scent. Like the whoosh jelly. Citrus, fresh and lovely. great for school, work or when you feel unwell. When you smell whoosh you awake and your concentration is better. Works well but every temple balm could work more and better. a temple balm is no guarantee you work better. just helps a bit more. i would buy it again and recommend it. I love it, te scent is just awesome. i thing everyone will like it. just put the creamy whoosh on you pulse or under your nose and you feel refreshed and better. it is not expensive when you buy lush very often. you dont look at the price when you at a lush store:-) 4P.is not very much...Lush says: The Whoosh balm has replaced Party On as the tool of choice to keep the Lush Times team on track for hitting our deadline. (New Party On would have us dancing on the tables instead of sitting calmly at our desks.) This refreshing, reviving balm has lime, lemon and grapefruit, plus revitalising rosemary and geranium to balance your mind and reduce stress. It smells so good you can wear it as perfume. Whoosh is named after that sound deadlines make as they rush by you; use it and you should never have to hear it again. We also think it sounds like aircraft taking off; itís marvellous for dealing with jet-lag and other obstacles in your path.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2006 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Chatsville

I put this temple balm in my office drawer for a pick-me-up in a bad day at work! Has work quite well and it definitely has a refreshing smell! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2006 3:24:00 AM More reviews by LadyInsane

WHOOOOOSH, baby! A fabulous scent. Any fabulous scent would pick up my mood, calm and awaken me, so its hard to say whether the aromatherapy properties of the essential oils in this product are the reason behind my love for it. But it smells lovely and works, whatever the reason. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2006 4:19:00 PM More reviews by pinkbubblegum2001

this stuff smells really yummy, very fresh and lemon-y, but dont know if it actually affects my mood, may be more of a placebo effect... i got it as a pressie and it'd be a lovely gift to get again, but probably wouldnt spend my own money on it... scent doesnt last long, and i almost want to put it on my upper lip cos the smell is so refreshing! nice stuff though, nothing wrong with it.