December 21, 2014 | 1359 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Lipstick- Smokey Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

edit- Tried this over MAC retro and softened it in a can't-put-my-finger-on-it way. I am a 'true autumn' so perhaps if you are in that colour season you will like?

Oh my God you have to try this as a layering lipstick! I tried it layered over (and sometimes under) my HG nude liptick, a plain apricot-beige (anna sui 701). This adds an extra dimension, a really beautiful effect. I like it on its own too. I think the thing with pearly or frosted lipsticks is that you NeED to try before you buy. They can come across vastly different on different skintones and faces. This one is beautiful when I don't want very smokey eyes or very dark lips, but still want a subtle vamp effect. Other lipsticks of this type are MAC Fluid and Revlon Copperglow Berry, both of which I adore. MAC O doesn't suit me as much because too warm and I am already pretty warm-toned. This one balances out the warmth.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by mimiluau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This isn't a bad lipstick. It has a wonderful texture, it's long-lasting, and is a pretty color and when used sparingly over lip balm. It's also not particularly pricy. My only issue with this and the reason why it gets 4 stars not 5, and also why I may not buy it again is that it comes off a little frosted on my specific skin tone and lips (NC 50). I think it's the pearly, shimmery bits that gives this frosted effect. If this was a little less shimmery, it would be a definite definite HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by sultryvoice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased a back-up for this today. This is a very nice and neutral nude with a slight bit of pink. Some neutrals wash me out, but this is definitely a MLBB shade.This is not a common shade and I have never found a dupe for it. It has as soft pearly finish which is very flattering and feminine.The lipstick itself is reasonably priced ($4.99cdn on sale), but the shade and quality are definitely high end. It's been said that you know a lip colour suits you when you can wear it with a bare face. Well, I wear this without any other makeup and it looks really nice. A definite asset to my cosmetic arsenal.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This shade is comparable to Rimmel's Kate Moss 008, as both are warm, dusky-pink MLBB shades. However, Revlon ultimately wins out, albeit not by much. For one thing, the formula is just so much better - it's longer-lasting than Rimmel's, can be worn straight, without a protective layer of balm underneath, and best of all, doesn't dry into that gross flakey crust that Rimmel does. Smokey Rose also has a bit of glitter to it, which would normally be a point against it, but it's subtle enough that it doesn't at all look frosted or "LOOK AT MEEEEE!!!", just a nice, hardly-noticeable, understated shimmer. It's also a little warmer than Kate Moss, which is a true darkish-warm pink, while Smokey Rose leans slightly more reddish/coppery, which looks better for my (pale, slightly ruddy) skintone, but may look different on you.

Smokey Rose is my go-to shade when I don't want to look like I'm wearing makeup, but still want that extra little push of color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this color! Bought this based on the reviews. Great neutral shade,will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this lipstick! I know I've said this about a couple of lippies, but I truly mean what I say about this one. This is my everything lipstick! I go to work in this, I shop in this, I hang out with my friends in this, I do it all in this! It's truly my lips but better! It's the perfect combination of mauve, pink, and brown. The pearl finish helps each color to blend and it doesn't look overly muddy or frosty. It's the perfect nude that goes with everything! You have to get this! It's wonderful, I'm definitely going to stock up on this lipstick. I never leave home without it. The best part is I can wear it without a liner! My lips sometimes get dry, but I've been wearing this with lip smackers, so my lips stat moisturized. I love this lipstick!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought this would be a slightly shimmery pink nude on me, but it turned out to be too frosty for my taste. I returned this. Three lippies for the good general formula. Btw, this lipstick in Mink is a good shimmerless nude for WOC.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this shade based on all the great reviews on MUA. While I am happy with this shade, its actually much more brown on the lips than I thought it would be, based on the reviews, and from what the color looks like in the container. Once I tried it on, I was more pleased with it, since the shade is excellent for my skin tone and hair color. I will definitely use it for tall but this isn't going to be my "go to shade- no matter the season" lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am on the fence with this lipstick.

So many good reviews, but I'm just not sure the color works for me. I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle in the summer). This color just seems too dark and as another reviewer noted "stern" for my coloring. But it kind of works for fall, just not sure.

I found a version of this shade better suited for my coloring: Rimmel's Heather Shimmer. This is what I had hoped Smokey Rose would look like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have reached for this lipstick every day since I bought it about 2 weeks ago. At first, I was sure I had made a mistake in choosing this somewhat mauve-y nude rose color. Too dark, too plum, too cool for my warm toned yet olive complexion. Wrong! It looks great on me and goes with just about everything I wear. I am loving the moisturizing texture and long lasting color. It is so versatile and a nice change for fall. This is my first Super Lustrous lipstick and I think I will pick up a few more. Most lipsticks are just too drying for me and I have to wear balm underneath. With this one, I don't get that uncomfortable dried out feeling on my lips and I can wear it without preloading with balm. It is not glossy or shiny which is a big plus for me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No