October 30, 2014 | 1360 users online

Loose Powders - Bare Escentuals - Tinted Mineral Veil

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Bethtom87

My friend recommended this to me as I was having problems with shine after applying liquid foundation. It is now literally my FAVOURITE thing in my make up bag. Everyone kept asking me what foundation I was wearing and that my skin looked flawless. I have beer had the best skin so was thrilled! I think the price is fair and has lasted me 3 months with using every day. I wouldn't say it lasts all day definitely need touching up by the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by keewee88

I honestly don't wear makeup every day but whenever I do, tinted mineral veil is part of my routine. it seems to do just enough to even me out and tone down some unevenness without feeling like i have product on. Its easy to use, doesn't settle into my pores and always adds the finishing touch to whatever look i'm going for.
Word of caution: the SPF version of this product has a totally different texture. I couldn't stand the feeling of it on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by lylasmum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product!!! I have a warm skin tone so tinted mineral veil works better for me than the non-tinted kind. This product gives me a nice, fresh, air-brushed look. I love that it's micro-milled so it gives my skin a refined, matte finish. Loooove that it's not sparkly! I noticed that most haters of this product on MUA are light/fair skinned. You should only use tinted mineral veil if you have a warm skin tone. If you are light/fair-skinned and already know what foundation and powder shades work for you, it should take you only a second to look at this product and KNOW that this won't work for you so don't buy it and stick to the non-tinted kind. Price-wise it's not so bad and I find that a little goes a long way and a container lasts me nearly 6 months. I'm glad that Sephora now has the XL size BUT sad that the XL in tinted is only available for a limited time. I'm glad that Bare Minerals finally updated the dispenser. The swivel stopper isn't 100% leak-proof but it definitely is way better than the old shaker top. I know that I will keep using this product for many years to come!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me start off by saying I love Bare Escentuals. I love all the other mineral veil EXCEPT for this one.
It has such an...awkward tone to it.
I'm about an NC15/ Revlon CS 150 Buff, this stuff is horribly dark for my skin tone. Plus it has a lovely "orange" tint which make me look like and oompa-loompa the moment I got out into natural light. I bought It online which was a mistake. I recommend definitely going into Ulta or Sephora and testing it out or getting a sample first to see if it will blend in properly.
So I have been diluting it with the whitest loose powder I have in order to finish it. But after that, I'm going back to regular mineral veil.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by femfem237

I love this product... only in the winter! I get a heavy tan during the summer so this kinda makes me ashy but other than that i like the packaging because unlike the foundation from this brand, the inner cap is kinda deeper with helps ALOT for keeping the product in the cap!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by tamilynn316

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love how this is the perfect touch up powder... I try to keep it on me at all times.. if I have any spots that need touched up because of sweat.. and looks oily this is the trick.. I really appreciate that now it is in tinted!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by dennyinmi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Waste of money...far better with non-colored mineral veil. Does make pores disappear and skin appear clearer, but turned funky oarnge on my skin....and continued to get "oarngier" as the day went on. Nothing beats its staying power...but in my case...that too was unfortunate. Physicians Formula dollar for dollar had far better quality with their airbrushed non-talc airbrushed mineral compact powder...and no mess too! Would not buy bare escentuals again...as a matter of fact the regular mineral powder looked chalky too...and I was matched by a cosmetic consultant. Not for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by KOuilhon

I went in looking for something to sweep over my liquid foundation to get an airbrushed look. The girl suggested the mineral veil and told me to get the tinted so that I didn't look "too white." Big mistake. I tried it the next day and my whole face looked sunburned! Bright orange, red face. Yuck. I returned it the next day. Don't get the tinted color unless your skin is naturally pretty dark.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is okay, it goes nicely over my foundation and adds some warmth to my face so long as I use lightly. If I accidentally overdo it this can easily make me orangey. =/ Major points off for the package, not sure if I got a defective one but it leeks powder beyond the sifter portion like crazy so I have to keep this one out of makeup bag for fear of creating a mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by alm751

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I buy this product all the time on eBay and really like it. However, the packaging could be improved. It's hard to get the powder out. But once it's out I love the way it looks on my face.