October 31, 2014 | 875 users online

Accessories - The Body Shop - paddle hair brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love wood handled brushes and this paddle brush is wonderful. I have others, but they were plastic and fell apart quickly. This one feels great in my hair, my hands like the wood, and nothing to snag hair on as well. I would buy a bunch of these if I could. Excellent brush from TBS!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This brush is SO nice. Skip the Aveda brush and go for The Body Shop.

I gladly traveled 5 hours out of my way and forked over the $21 (1295 rupees, not to mention the 350 for the rickshaw driver) for this brush, at the Celebration Mall in Udaipur, India. Yes, it cost much more here than at home in the States, but my hair, (which had been abused and rebelling in a ratty, broken mess thanks to the cheapy travel brush I was trying to get by on) is happy and pretty again. This paddle brush has the ability to smooth my thick, long, wavy hair into shine again, and easily sort through any tangles I might incur thanks to 16 hour bus rides and gusts of dust on desert-town streets.

The bamboo body, white rubber cushion and plastic or nylon (?) bristles weigh a little bit more than my Aveda brush back home—but it's by no means heavy. The extra heft actually lends itself to a higher quality feel than my Aveda brush. I can't comment on durability yet, as the week I've owned it I've been in one spot. I'll be hard on this brush as it'll be one of my highly valued, precious ,personal items stuffed in my small backpack as it sorts through and brushes out “India” from my hair, but if it doesn't last, I'll undoubtedly update my review. Words cannot convey how thrilled I am to have found it here, despite the hugely inflated price!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by michali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best brush for curly hair

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by rosateh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EXCELLENT!!! This paddle brush perform out of my expectations. I use this after combing my hair with the body shop's wide toothed detangling comb. This brush is so gentle to my scalp and there is hardly any hair loss using this brush. Now, I know what a good brush/comb can do wonders for your hair. I have coveted for a Mason Pearson brush but sadly it is not available in my country and right now I will put this wish list on the back burner. If only, if only I have bought this paddle much sooner...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

I had bought a Conair paddle brush for $5 and it puled my hair out, snagged it like crazy. Then I bought this brush for $12, and it glides through my hair, for the most part. Way better. And since it's bamboo, it probably won't fall apart like my plastic Goody hairbrushes did (boo Goody).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 3:59:00 AM More reviews by limwc

I find this better than Mason Pearson's Popular Brush!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirlx33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is gentle on the scalp but the bristles break or get pushed in.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2009 4:37:00 AM More reviews by ali_has_curves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my second tbs brush I've used and prior to that I've only used 2 maybe 3 other brushes in my life. I think it does a good job on my hair, I have fine hair but a lot of it and its long. Rec for those wanting quality without high cost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I own a Mason Pearson Mixed Popular Brush and must say that this paddle brush is actually managing to compete with it.

It is not as good at making my hair all silky soft, but it does detangle at least as good (actually better) which is the most important aspect of a brush for me since I have long, thick, fine, tangle prone hair.

You would perhaps imagine it as just another bobble pin brush, but it feels very gentle on your scalp and in your hair much like my Mason Pearson.

And then it's the fact that it costs next to nothing in comparison to the more expensive brushes.

So, if you want a good brush for a low price this is definitely a good alternative.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 3:51:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have this in the largest size. Yep, this makes my hair smoother and shiny. Feels theraputic when i brush my hair with it. I use it everyday!