August 1, 2014 | 1160 users online

Lip Treatments - Smashbox - Tinted Lip Treatment in Shine

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm pretty sure this item is discontinued. I could not find it on Smashbox's or Sephora's website. I just purchased it from All Cosmetics Wholesale for $6.99. I love it so much that I plan on ordering a couple back ups. It's just a lovely pink, that I think would look great on anyone. If you like lighter pinks, like I do, but sometimes they tend to look too 80's, you will like this! The color reminds me a bit of MAC's Pink Fish Lip Conditioner from the Hello Kitty collection. I love the shade, but it slides off your lips too quickly and it's not that moisturizing. It does leave a little bit of a stain, but the stain isn't bright or red, like some pinks do to your lips. It's also a very natural looking pink. Just like your lips, but prettier.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by phantasmox

I was excited to buy this when I saw the reviews here, because I was looking for an every day MLBB lip balm. Well I was disappointed. The color is a little too bright for me because my lips are dark and the way it blended with the color of my lips + my skin tone just didn't work. I like the honey smell but it's not a lip balm- I can't wear it without putting something moisturizing on my lips first or it gets too dry, so it kind of defeats the purpose of why I bought this is the first place...so much for being a lip "treatment". If you look at it as a lipstick, it's a good product. The tube is really pretty...as long as you leave it alone- the soft, frosty finish picks up dirt and rubs off :( The color is cute and buildable. It has a nice smell and doesn't taste like you licked a tub of vaseline.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Simply2Smile

Shine shows as a bright pink in the tube but it actually turns out as a nice sheer light pink on my fairly pigmented lips. I personally was never a fan of baby or light pinks but this seems to be something my lips could work with and actually look nice in. It has an SPF of 10 or 15 so it's perfect for the summer when you want to have something at hand that will provide both SPF and pigmentation to your lips. What I love even more about this product is that you can apply this without a mirror , which is helpful if your like me who hesitates to pull out a mirror to touch up in public.I also found that it can almost be used as a primer for your lipsticks. Whenever I apply this underneath a layer of lipstick, the lipstick color seems to stay on for longer. I really do appreciate this product. The only thing is that this wouldn't be a good choice to use if your lips are already chapped as this isn't really moisturizing and would just enhance any dryness.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by melonbread

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does what it's meant to; it conditions your lips, and adds a pretty pink stain. It smells like honey, can be addictive as you apply it (as you want that freshly applied feeling again and again). Wearing it too much can cause overdrying (as your lips adapt to the moisture, and absorb it quicker), and your lips to shrivel. Used well, you get plump, well moisturized lips.
Besides the fact that I love this very much, I was shattered - completely - by the packaging. Beautiful out of the box, a smooth satin finish to the tube, but after one stint in my handbag the satin finish started to peel off. All I've got now is a cheap white plastic tube. At least the contents are still undamaged.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by pineappleaftermath

I'm also a big fan of this! It's expensive, but worth it - finally a tinted lip balm that actually does what it is supposed to do: moisturizes your lips AND gives a bit of colour (most other tinted balms I have tried tend to dry out after a while). The colour is just perfect - a really bright and sheer pink that gives a pretty pop of colour while still being subtle. Thankfully there is no glitter or sticky shine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by imnotreallyadoctor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is officially my most favourite piece of makeup EVER. Ohhhh Lord. It is, number one, very cool-looking with the creamy white centre, which is presumably to moisturize your lips. It's a nice shade of pink, one that I at first thought was much too sheer, but soon discovered was really the exact right colour for my face, as well as being extremely pretty. It's kind of a matte strawberry colour that serves as more of a lip stain than anything and it is FANTASTIC. It also doesn't dry out my lips and offers moisture that, unlike some other lipsticks, does not build on my lips and make them flaky. Love it to death. If I could give it 6 stars, I would. Only thing, make sure not to press the lipstick on your lips too hard, because mine kind of broke off at the base. Oh well. Still usable.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2008 1:05:00 PM More reviews by indiawithinmyheart

Just bought this lip tint and like it so far. I really like the pink color because I love colorful make-up. It is so easy to apply, don't even need a mirror. The only drawback is that it kind of leaves my lips a little bit dry, but that can be because I am so used to sticky lip glosses. Would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've searched high and low for a moisturizing lipstick with SPF, and lemme tell ya: there's not a whole lot out there. This was a fantastic find.

Like the reviewer below mentioned, I found that if you already have chapped lips, this product only makes them flakier. But it locks in comfortable moisture beautifully if your lips aren't chapped to begin with. (If they are, a quick coconut oil and sugar scrub before applying did the trick for me, even when my lips were at their driest.) I love that I can use this product without having to swipe a balm underneath.

My personal favorite attribute is that this little beauty imparts impossibly smooth, moisturizing, build-able color without any shine, sparkle, or glitter. You can tell you have smooth color on, but it also seems as if you just happen to have naturally beautifully pigmented and moisturized lips.

At first I thought that the smell of this product was a faint version of your standard lipstick smell, a little like Lancome's lippies. However, it's actually honey. I by no means enjoy the scent/taste/feel/anything of honey, but I've grown quite used to the scent and as far as I can tell, it fades quickly. I actually prefer the faint whiff of sweetness to unscented products.

The lasting power has been fantastic for me. This is not a heavy product to begin with, but over time it will wear off. What I love is that I can still feel and see it after eating and sometimes drinking. The color also fades well and evenly.

The ONLY reason I'd give this product a 4/5 is beause of the poor color selection. Shine is a true pink, but the cooler, more purple undertones don't go with my warm complexion. If I layer this too much, I end up with 80s Barbie purplish-pink lips. Not good. When I apply this lightly, I do like the color payoff, but I really wish that Smashbox would come out with more colors for their tinted lip treatments, as otherwise these are great products.

$18 for .12 oz. / 3.4 g. Also, I bought this in-person at Ulta because the online color swatches are a bit . . . off, especially for Beam, which is a very sheer apricot color, not brown.

Active Ingredients: 7.5% Padimate O (Ethylhexyl Dimethyl Paba), 4% Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3). Other Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polybutene, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Cetyl RiCInoleate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Ozokerite, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glyceryl Triacetyl RiCInoleate, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Glycerides, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Honey (Mel), Saccharin, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77499), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red No. 6 (CI 15850), Red No. 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red No. 27 (CI 45410), Red No. 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red No. 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow No. 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue No. 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Note: I usually check to see if the active ingredients in SPF products are broad spectrum, but I've honestly never heard of Padimate O used as a sunscreen. I guess I'll just have to take Smashbox's word for it . . .

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by ASisley

Love this lip treatment lip stick. It is so great!! The colour is so fun and pretty! Looks great! I will definitely repurchase it. I think it is something that every women could wear and love. It is sheer but enough colour goes on your lips. It is smooth and conditioning. Although it doesn't help chapped lips. You need to use a balm before or exfoliate your lips. But once your chapped lips are taken care of it will make sure it keeps them smooth and soft. Definitely recommend trying it. Don't be discourged by the bright colour. It doesn't show up that bright.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2007 1:19:00 PM More reviews by crischells

I definitely LOVE this lipstick. Luckily for me, I found a 3-pack Smashbox treatment box for only $12 online. It came with Smashing: Ray, Sun, and my favorite, Shine. If you're looking for a lipstick that basically does everything, this one's it. It goes on sheer but the way I use it is I pile a ton on so that the color seems opaque. Even though I got this as a steal, I would without a doubt, repurchase and repurchase...