Wet 'n' Wild Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer - Sunkissed

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (w/w 5.6%), Octinoxate (w/w 3%), Avobenzone (w/w 1%) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua/Eau), Talc, Butylene Glycol, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Stearic Acid, Mica, Glyceryl Stearate, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Sodium Laureth-4 Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Triethanolamine, Xantham Gum, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate

on 4/19/2015 12:26:00 PM

For the price this TM is really nice. The color is too dark for me but I can work it in the summertime. It is also a decent coverage but a little drying.

on 8/12/2013 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This was my first tinted moisturizer, and I've recently become obsessed with WnW products, so when I ran out of foundation, I figured I'd give this stuff a shot. I actually bought mine in beige, which, surprisingly, isn't too orange. It doesn't have a horribly offensive smell or anything, which is unusual in an SPF 15 product (another reason I opted for this instead of their coverall product), and the coverage is quite sheer. My only real problem with this stuff is that as soon as it dries it's quite difficult to blend, but other than that it's a great product for the price. Not smelly, gives a bit of sun protection, and just enough coverage for a casual day. When it's on, you don't even feel it. It's like a bit of lotion. (I do wish it were a bit more moisturizing.)

on 3/13/2013 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is one of the best foundations I've used, either high or low end. (well, technically a tinted moisturizer). I like pretty light/medium coverage, and this gives me that. It's pretty sheer but relatively buildable. This shade, sunkissed, matches my NC30 skin very well. it lasts a decent amount of time (most of the workday) on me, when used over a primer and set with powder. And, it's like 4 dollars. Would definitely repurchase. Only downside: the packaging. It's decent when it's relatively full but once it gets low it's hard to get out. I ended up cutting it open and just using the last of it with a brush, right off the inside of the bottle.

on 10/8/2012 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff it amazing for such a low cost it covers nicely evens ur skin tone and leaves a nice dewy look the only two complaints I have is it doesnt set well on ur skin and it transfer super easy but that still not going to stop me from buying this again :) for $4 I honestly don't think this stuff can be beat

on 10/7/2012 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This product provides sheer, even coverage. The pigment is good and it spreads without streaking. It also contains sunscreen, which is a bonus. And it is very inexpensive. It comes in a plastic squeeze bottle that makes it easy to control the amount...and a small amount seems to go a long way, so a bottle lasts a long time. This is an excellent product for daytime wear if you prefer a lighter, more natural look.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this! Haven't used a TM in a while and after reading the reviews on here, I decided to give it a try. I'm quite fair and when I first squeezed a bit of the product out, I was nervous about how it would look because it's darker than the bottle would lead you to believe. Anyway, once I applied it, it looked great! Gives me a nice glow, evens out my skin tone and blends well so my face doesn't look mismatched compared to the rest of me. I'm really excited to continue using this!

on 6/29/2012 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Honestly, I was so excited to try this out because of the cheap price tag and all the amazing reviews on MUA. I got this in sunkissed and it matched my skin tone pretty well if not a bit orange (nothing too noticeable). It lived up to its reviews but after a couple of uses my skin broke out SOOO badly. it's been about 3 weeks since i have quit wearing any makeup face products and my skin still has not recovered... So in conclusion I would NOT reccomend this to anyone with oily and acne prone skin. Also if you haven;t noticed this product does not claim to be oil-free. I miss makeup ):

I was surprised at how much I really, really, like this product!

As others have said, when compared to the coverage offered by other TM's, this Wet n' Wild Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer is really more of a light foundation. That being said, it's just the right coverage for me. It works well over primer (I'm currently testing samples of Smashbox Photo Finish, Benefit's Dr. Feelgood, and NYX's Shine Killer, as I have to deal with an oily forehead) and it plays well with all three.

I usually apply it with my Coastal Scents Bionic Flat Top Buffer brush, and I get a nice, smooth, finish. The product is buildable.

The only complaint I have is the shade range. I wear "Sunkissed," but methinks that shade is going to be a bit too light during the summer months, and "Sunkissed" is the darkest shade in the line. So, I'm searching for a comparable product in another line that is offered in a slightly darker color.

For $3.99, if you are looking for light coverage (but more than what typical TM's offer), a somewhat matte finish, and your skintone fits into one of the four shades Wet n' Wild offers, their Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer can't be beat!!

on 5/28/2012 1:44:00 AM

This stuff is the only tinted moisturizer that gives your skin more of a satin-matte finish (not dewy which can look oily a lot of times)
It's so cheap, but the packaging could of done better.
The letters rubbed off when I was looking/messing with the bottle :D But it doesn't really bug me all that much.
This covers quite well. My face is usually a shade or two lighter than my neck so this is my quick product to make me look a little bit more even. I use the shade sunkissed.
I don't find it look orangy, but if you pile on A LOT then it can.
It's quite liquidy but dries really fast, so work with it fast. (using finger is the best application I find)
Although I have not tried MUFE matte foundation, I think the texture would be very similar. (i'm kinda guessing)
The packaging is somewhat similar too.
It does kinda get messy though on the tip where the product comes out. I should wipe it off, but i'm too lazy...
Overall a great tinted moisturizer. This kinda feels like a skincare product because it feels NOTHING like my other tinted moisturizers.

on 5/28/2012 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

*Product: Wet n' Wild Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 in "Sun Kissed/183"
*Price: $3.99 pre-tax @Walgreens (Los Angeles)
*Product claims on back label: "Color adjusts to your skin tone. Sheer, lightweight coverage evens out imperfections while appearing natural. Provides moderate protection against sunburn."
*About my skin: Asian with olive & yellow tones. Oily t-zone. Acne prone. Minor light red post-acne spots on cheeks.
*Experience with product: The product did for my skin exactly what it claims to do. I did not put anything else under or over this as my goal was to reduce morning routine on casual days (weekends, running errands). I used about two pea size amounts for my entire face. Blending can be tricky just using fingers so blending small tiny dots around my face worked. However, it takes some time...just as much time as my regular routine of moisturizing and brushing on my mineral foundation. Product was able to be layered for medium coverage in those spots needing more cover. Dries to a matte finish right away, a plus for my oily t-zone. Staying power very good for a typical day running errands in 70 degree So. Cali weather. No need to retouch, no slipping off. Oily t-zone needed to be blotted with a blotting sheet once. At end of day, had more of a slight dewiness...but natural looking and sun-kissed... like my skin but better, doesn't look and feel like makeup for me.
*Cons: As much as I want to keep this product, my only con is it did cause irritation to my sensitive eyes. This is likely due to the ingredient octinoxate (a sunscreen agent) listed at 3%. I researched this product on the ewg.org's Skin Deep Cosmetic Data Base. They did list eye irritation as a possible effect and gave the overall rating of 4 out of 10 for this product's safety, based on limited data. However, the allergy/immunotoxicity health concern was rated moderate to high. I don't think it was the titanium dioxide giving me the irritation as I have other products with this. Anyhow, if it weren't for this one con, I would give this 5 stars. It is an excellent, cheap TM compared to overpriced ones I have tried. If you don't have sensitive eyes, skin, or allergy issues, this is worth trying. Sadly, cannot repurchase. Will give Stila TM a try as that does not contain octinoxate.