April 23, 2014 | 911 users online

Mascara - Laura Mercier - Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

I wasn't really too happy with this mascara I felt that this does smear on my lower lash line and I hate that. Also this broke my lashes I looked all crazy walking around with lashes different lengths. Also about the removal it is difficult to remove and I hate that because I have to use lots of oil to take it off and the cotton balls are too scratchy too ugh never again I can't wait to finish this mascara. Oh and the mascara doesn't deliver at all it just looks too natural in my opinion doesn't lengthen or define lashes at all what a shame because I love Laura Mercier!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

This really wanders. About ten minutes after I apply I have black marks under my eyes for everyday wear. Though it does stay waterproof!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by gconn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Summary - reasonably-priced HE mascara, good for everyday wear, holds a killer curl. I'm surprised it doesn't get that much love!

BRUSH - The head of this brush looks like a smaller version of the Diorshow/Badgal style brushes. It's very easy to handle.

FORMULA - A little drier than usual, no clumping problems. I didn't need to comb through after applying. Not crunchy, no flaking. This is a one-coater - I think if you use any more than one coat, it can get really bad really quickly.

COLOR - I have black lashes, so this usually isn't an issue for me, but the color seems very dark. Sorry I can't provide more information here!

EFFECT - Fans out the lashes, gives volume and length, but nothing dramatic. Wonderful for everyday wear.

CURL - OH MY GAWWWWSH. This is where this mascara shines! The first day I tried this, I didn't curl thoroughly (didn't hold the curler down for a whole 6 seconds...more like half a second) because my lashes usually drop anyway, but they didn't drop a single bit when I applied, and they were just as perky 10 hours later. Would repurchase again and again just for this effect!

WATERPROOFNESS - I'm not going to go swimming in this stuff, but it was rainy today, and I didn't have any issues with running or smudging. I did get one big drop of water (ewwww!) on my eyelid, so it's done pretty well. I had minor, unnoticeable transfer throughout the day, but nothing out of the ordinary. Good for teary eyes, but I don't know about "real" water.

REMOVAL - A piece of cake with oil-cleanser. I can't speak for other methods of removal though. I notice some people are complaining about how tough it is to remove, and just wanted to put it out there that if you're having trouble removing any makeup at all, oil cleanser is godsend!

PRICE - $20 for the tube. I think this is WAY better than the buxom lash @ $19/tube, so it's worth it for me. And it's not as bad as other HE mascaras. If you have a DS one that is working for you, I'd stay with it though!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by mzplacedinphilly

Dry formula + clumped + irritated my eyes = No repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 7:57:00 AM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! A friend was getting a makeover and the MA used this on her. I loved how it looked so much I bought one for myself. This mascara doesn't clump and stays on forever (as another reviewer said - it almost stays on a little too well). I had been unsuccessful with other higher end mascaras previously and was about to head back to the drugstore, but this mascara is one that I will never live without.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by adudle00

I'm really surprised at all the bad reviews on this mascara! For me, this mascara is my HG. I'll start by saying that I don't usually wear a ton of makeup and I like a very natural look. My problem with most mascaras is they look so fake. If that's what you're going for, you definitely won't like this. However, if you want something more subtle and natural looking, seriously take this mascara into consideration. I've purchased sooo many mascaras and they all clump! Ugh, I HATE it when mascara leaves clumps and makes my eyelashes stick together. This is the ONLY mascara that doesn't do that to me. The brush is big and simply wonderful! I can't get enough. And for $20, the price is very competitive with other high end mascaras. The staying power is also amazing...too good for my standards, because it's sometimes difficult to get it all off.
I will definitely continue to repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2008 11:53:00 AM More reviews by katvop83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought this item was ok nothing really big about it but way to expensive for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by beccasmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a week, hoping to like it more each time I put it on, but I am very disappointed in this mascara, for a number of reasons. One, I dislike the end-to-end shape of the head's bristles. It is curved and thicker in the middle than it is at the end, and I prefer straight uniform in size "teeth". Number two, I don't like the appearance of this on my lashes, a little too thick and made up for my liking, not natural enough. Three, I don't like having to wipe the wand with facial tissue before putting on the mascara, it seems there's too much product on the wand when I pull it out of the base. I much prefer the Bobbi Brown ones I've used, except for that line's glamour lengthening one, which was awful. And lastly, I found this LM waterproof mascara is very hard to remove, VERY hard compared to other lines' mascaras, which I can do without an eyemakeup remover. Big disappointment for USA$20.00 through a recent Sephora order.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2007 10:40:00 PM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this was ok smudged a little but the worst part was it was near impossible for me to wash off! and yes i did use make up remover but even then i could not get it off completely. the only thing that even came close to removing it all the way was lush's ultrabland.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2006 9:09:00 PM More reviews by btnycali1978

I was very disappointed in this....tried it a few days and thought I would love it...love how my lashes looked but it smeared all over my brow bone...that's the very reason that i DON"T wear mascara that's not waterproof....so disappointing...