November 26, 2014 | 1733 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - LipGelee - Saplicious

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by belle_azure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this in my makeup stash for years but just discovered how awesome it really is. MAC Saplicious is a beautiful mid-tone brown with shimmer. On the lips by itself, it applies very sheerly. However, it is AMAZING when used over a nude lipliner. I am around NC35 with yellow undertones, and I use this with MUFE Aqua lipliner in 1C. This combination gives me the perfect nude lip. I love that this lipgloss isn't as shiny or sticky as MAC's lipglass formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by sdtjefferson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

After seeing repeatedly that this gloss was a "must-have" for WOC, I had to have it. The color in the tube is a nice nude brown but when it is applied it has almost no color. That was a big disappointment. I was looking of forward to some opaqueness. This just provides a nice glossy look to the lips but you can really find that with almost any cheap brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by thechic95

It can be sticky, but mind after a while no more real stickiness. I always wear it with a lip liner to make it not look too bland. Its a clear gloss so NO COLOR IS MEANT TO SHOW UP, i always use it for my nude lips. or when i'm going to school

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 8:34:00 AM More reviews by DoraZ

I really love this beautiful lip gloss, I feel like it's moisturizing enough to be worn on its own even without lip balm underneath. It's not too sticky or goopy which is nice, the staying power is fine for its being a lipgloss and the color is gorgeous, a warm, milk chocolate brown with a hint of pink. I especially love this over a nude lip to add some gloss and this is my go-to color when I do not want any sparkle or shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by blacklondon

This is a lovely nude-ish colour and overall awesome lip product. It isn't sticky and has a nice subtle shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by champagnestars

MAC has done it again!I love this lip gloss to bits! I'm NW42/45 & it shows up as a really neutral colour making my lips look so 'juicy' & full i just LOVE it. It feels moisturizing & is really glossy! no sparkles or shimmer!

It is really worth your money! Wear it on it's own or above a lipstick colour, it shows up really nicely! I love love love it! & it is something i will repurchase! (:

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2009 7:52:00 AM More reviews by RealDealBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this lip gloss - its heavy enough to feel moisturizing, but not so thick it feels sticky, or so light you feel like it slides off your lips.
The color is a nice, caramely cocoa and it gives my pigmented lips a light sheen with a light handed application, or a high 'patent leather' like shine when applied liberally. On skintones between NC42 and NC45, it shows up on me as a nice, neutral, nude gloss though it can look a bit over glossed when glopped on... which speaks for how much shine the formula has. Shimmer is minimal but not totally non-existant. You can see the shimmer in the tube, but not much on the lips (another plus in my book). Of course, because this is a gloss, the formula is not an all-day color, but it feels so moisturizing, you probably won't mind re-applying. The gloss itself has a slightly sweet, frosting/cupcake scent but is not overpowering.

The product comes in a squeeze tube with a hard, slanted, plastic top. This is good because it means you can layer it without turning a doe foot applicator different colors. The plastic applicator also means you can wipe it off easily for decontamination. The tubing itself is soft and easily squeezable - which is good because you'll waste a smaller amount of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by 0o

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was overall a very good product, which complimented my olive skintone. The gloss distributes very evenly and nourishes the entire lip with a nice shine as an added bonus. My only negative about this gloss is that it rubs off fairly easily (being a gloss, and all that), so extra applications are necessary.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfect nude lip for ,my complexion-nc 45. No need for lipliner with this, very soft and natural color. HG color for my lips. Highly recommend especially for woc.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2009 7:45:00 PM More reviews by withdiamonds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is very creamy which is a relief to find amongst a seemingly endless amount of sticky glosses. However, it really does not look great on my pale skin tone. Overall, fantastic texture and probably a great nude lip for people with darker skin tones. :)