July 25, 2014 | 1710 users online

Fragrances - Jalaine Vanilla

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Piper47

Quite a disappointment for me also, as seems the theme for this one. This perfume oil had mixed reviews on luckyscent.com so I bought a sample. It literally had no depth or complexity at all. I just got vanilla as if I rubbed vanilla extract from the grocery store all over my arm. Bonus points for lasting power (it's always the ones you don't like that seem to hang around forever!)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by leeyah87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Aaaw, I'm so sad about this one! I bought the sampler pack of all the Jalaine fragrances and the Vanilla one is by far the biggest disappointment for me. I love vanilla and was really looking forward to sniffing this one, but it smells reeaaally artificial and plastic-y. I can't believe this perfume is still on the market. I agree with one of the reviews below, which said that the drydown has an almondy quality. Jalaine Vanilla is a big, expensive letdown. Your money would be better spent on anything else really :o(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

Quite a disappointment for me- I had been lemming this one for a while and I finally have a sample of it. I agree with previous posters. This is not great. It's abit thin, not very warm and I get tuberose for some reason. Not my favourite vanilla.
EDIT : lasting power is questionable. Very faint now - 2 hours into application. 6mls in each bottle will probably last me a week at most! Not the best value for money!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2006 11:00:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

If you're the type of person who loves to sugar coat yourself in cake batter aromatic body products & fragrances, this is the vanilla for you. Over the top Willy Wonka sweetness that borders on being artificial. Think car air fresheners and vanilla scented aerosol room sprays. Sharp and cloying :P

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2006 11:54:00 AM More reviews by BasiaS

This is a very bourbonish vanilla, with a plasticky almond-dough drydown. To me, it's a richer, creamier version of Yves Rocher's Vanille Bourbon, which you can buy for less than $10 (100 ml bottle). I find this one too common to shell out $90 or $150 for. Not worth the $$$$ IMO. As far as vanilla scents go, C.O. Bigelow's vanilla oil is much better, and it costs only $15.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2006 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Maximina

Oh my goodness, my nose is hurting from the cloying sweetness of this! It goes on the skin first with a lot of madagascar vanilla but immediately goes all sweet like Hanae Mori. Very candyish, like those white sticks you dip into powdered sherbet. Too too much!!! Ultimately it dries down to a dry powder which I dislike immensely. Like others have said, I think you can easily duplicate this with a combination of cheaper oils. Not one of Jalaine's best. *sighs*

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2005 2:02:00 PM More reviews by moogiemyer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I put this on with great anticipation. Vanilla can be a wonderful fragrance to have on when you're in the right frame of mind. This was wonderful at the start. Sweet,creamy goodness of Vanilla. Mmmm. Tastes good. 10 minutes into it I can detect a distinct plastic-y note with the vanilla. I keep wanting this artificial note to go away. I love the bottle and several of the other fragrances in this line. I like the idea of refills for cost saving reasons. I can smell the vanilla but, unfortunately, for me there is this odd note that is just ruining it for me. Really wanted to like this.I wonder if Silk is any better?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2005 3:22:00 PM More reviews by memechoses

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is a true vanilla. creamy, luscious without being cloying too sweet or cookie like . the bottle is gorgeous and looks like steuben glass. HINT actually if you buy the refill, its the same amount , comes with a gold funnel in a silk puch and is great for the purse. hands down my favorite pure vanilla . it is an oil and a little goes a long way. so if you dont mind purse size the refill is the way to go.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 9:49:00 AM More reviews by therese108

The scent of fresh vanilla pod mixed into a warm bowl of cream. Very sweet, edible and comforting, but also very common. For sure you'll be able to find many that are similar out there for 1/15th the price. This is a pleasant, instantly likeable scent, but what it's worth is nowhere near the $150 Jalaine is charging.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2005 6:07:00 PM More reviews by rosie00000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Goes on like sweet buttercream and lasts all day. Layers beautifully with many other scents (especially yummy with chocolate scents). Contrary to what other reviewers have stated, I believe there is no other vanilla like this one. Worth the price for this and the lasting power.