Estee Lauder Hydra Complete Moisture Eye Gel Creme

2.4

on 10/22/2014 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this cream twice and I like how it absorbs and does not leave film coat afterwards.
However, I don't have dark circles and puffiness under eyes so can not say if it does anything but moisturize.

on 2/9/2013 6:13:00 PM

I am very happy I got to try a sample of this before making the mistake of wasting so much money on it. It is by far the worst eye cream I have ever , or cream, in general. I was very disappointed this happened with an EL cream as I had pretty good experiences with other products. I tried this for 2 days and the result was the same each time: painful and sore sensation, an incessant feeling of burning and watery eyes.

on 1/5/2013 3:12:00 AM

This eye gel isn't for me.
I have dark circles under my eyes and also fine lines. It feels good when I first put it on in the mornings, but come lunch time, my under eye area feels dry and in need of extra moisture.
After using this gel for the past nearly four months, I can't see a difference in the area. Once it runs out, I won't be replacing it, which is a shame because I was so excited about it to begin with!
It does have a nice light texture to it though.

on 4/28/2012 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

im actually on the hunt to buy another eye cream as this wasnt what i was looking for.
i bought this for $42 in sydney at the Estee Lauder factory in Rosebery.
Packaging - jar. i dont like jars because i dont like dipping my fingers in them for hygiene reasons.
product doesnt smell. the cream is light and not very thick in consistency - it is greasy though. spreads evenly and somehow always managed to get in my eyes making them sting and turn red. you only need a little amount for each eye but still some how manages to float around ontop of my eye and look shiny.
i did not get any milia or irritations from this other than the stinging.
I did find that my eyes were abit more hydrated than usual (i am not looking for a de puffer or something to help with lines or dark circles) but they were greasy and slippery. the product never seemed to fully 'sink in'. because of this i think that other creams would be better at hydrating. (it never made a huge difference, i still had crusty little skin in the edge of my eye) I was always fearful to try this with foundation or concealer as i would either move it (and cause a stinging eye) or due to its greasyness i didnt want to look like i had shiny eyes.

on 2/25/2012 1:04:00 AM

I don't think this product is as awful as many reviewers say it is, however, it's just not the right product for me. I'm only 20, so I don't have too much use for an eye cream unless it will reduce puffiness and dark circles from lack of sleep. My grandma gave me this product as she kept receiving it as a gift with purchase and already had a ton.
The consistency of this product is a gel rather than a cream, and it is quite oily and thick. I usually have to stir it up with a Q-Tip to mix up the oils with the actual cream. A tiny amount covers my entire under-eye area. It glides on smoothly and sinks in relatively quickly. It doesn't sting or irritate my eyes; it actually gives a nice, cooling, hydrating feeling to my eyes.
I have no problem with the application or feel of this product. The only issue is that this is meant to hydrate dry eye areas, and I don't have any dry skin surrounding my eyes. Every now and then I'll get a little flaky under my eyebrows, and this clears it right up, so it does what it says. But as an everyday eye cream, I really don't need this product.
I use this a few times a week before bed and while it does make my eye area feel more hydrated and a little brighter, it doesn't visibly improve dark circles or puffiness. Since those two issues are what I want solved by an eye cream, I would not repurchase this, especially not for $45. But if you do have very dry skin around the eyes, I would suggest trying this out, despite all the negative reviews, because this really is a nice hydrating eye cream.

on 10/21/2010 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It burns... it itches... it gave me the impression it would nicely hydrate the under eye area as soon as I tried it... and then it made my skin swell up and actually worsened the fine lines around my eyes.. what a disappointment :(

on 6/17/2010 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Horrible! The stinging to the eye after application is really bad! My eyes became very watery and felt quite painful! Despite this, it actually feels quite hydrating to the skin but I think it has added to milia and it hasnt improved my dry lines but they have not increased with use.

on 2/24/2010 1:07:00 PM

The first few weeks I used this eye cream I thought it was working to help hydrate my very dry eye area. I was wrong. I've had to put vaseline on my lids and corners of my eyes, they have become so dry. It also makes my eyes water although I haven't experienced any burning or irritation while applying.

on 12/7/2009 10:41:00 PM

I'd been in need of some serious hydration for my undereye area and when I went home for Thanksgiving my mom rummaged through all of her GWP samples to see what I could try. I looked this up and was concerned by all of the horrible reviews but decided to give it try since I was desperate and didn't feel like buying anything new. I love it! I use this every morning along with Lancome Absolue Premium Bx Moisturizer at night (which is not technically for undereyes but works soooo well). The dryness is gone and my wrinkle lines have diminished a bit as well. My concealer also goes on very nicely over this. I will repurchase when the sample runs out (which shouldn't be too soon as I only use a dab in the morning and the sample is a generous size).

on 10/16/2009 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

What's with all the bad ratings? I find that this is a pretty good eye cream/ eye gel. Soaks in and moisturizes the area around the eye. It doesn't get rid of puffiness or wrinkles, but I've heard that nothing can really get rid of those but good sleep and genes.
A good daytime creme/gel because it's so lightweight.