Kanebo KATE super sharp liner

4.3

on 8/21/2015 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

There is often some fading, my eyes are so incredibly oily that I'm amazed something this cheap can stay on so well for so long. I've heard everyone hail K-Palette 1day tattoo as the go-to drug store eyeliner, but I much prefer this one.

PROS:
+ VERY super sharp felt tip. Easy to apply and feels soft and super precise!
+ DOES NOT BUDGE! Even in super hot humid summers, even when I cry, even when I accidentally spill eyedrops. No panda eyes unless it's a combination of all three.

CONS:
- a bit of fading. If it's been a long day I'll need to reapply after 6 hours.
- requires layering to build color. This can be hard since I'm not great at drawing my eyeliner on, so if I get it right I still have to redraw and I could easily screw up as I reapply.

I don't know why people have complained about how difficult it is to remove. I've had no problems removing it with remover wipes or oil-based remover.

on 6/29/2015 1:47:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is my HG eyeliner. BK-1.
I bought it because it was top ranking in Popteen (japanese) magazine.

PROS:
- Deep black.
- No smell.
- Dries quickly
- Matte finish.
- Does not transfer to my lower lids
- Very easy to carry around
- Easy to remove
- Easy to draw and to make cat eye.

CONS:
Nothing so far. (2 years or more using it)

on 5/8/2014 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I bought this as a second hand product for $5. Reason being I have lots of eyeliners which DID NOT work for me. It either smudges after 3 hours or fades. I have tapered double eyelids (pls google for references) which makes it worse. Bought this from another user, experimented a few times but I feel conflicted about it.

Pros:
+ felt tip liner (easier to line your eyes)
+ thin liner (good for precise application and line your eyes as thin as you can)
+ waterproof
+ smudgeproof
+ lasts all day (which took me by surprise since none of the eyeliners I used has ever done that) --> eyeliner still stayed as how I first applied after 8 hours. YES!

Cons:
- Difficult to remove!!!!! (had to use 2 diff makeup removers --> bourjois cleaning express wipes & bioderma cleansing water and the eyeliner still would NOT budge. I felt like I had raccoon eyes)

There you go, conflicted feelings about this. I wouldn't want an eyeliner that's too waterproof till you can't remove it at all. I would pass it on.

***EDIT***:
--> just realized that using warm water when cleansing your face will help in removing the eyeliner entirely. similarly, i still used both makeup removers, before cleansing my face w/ warm water. only then did the liner seemed to disappear. hope this helps!!

on 2/13/2014 4:55:00 AM

This is my second eyeliner buy and due for a review. I wear this liner every day and it is very easy to use though you must get the hang of it at first and suffer a few botched jobs in the beginning before you can create cat eyes like a pro. I have the oiliest lids ever and this liner just doesn't budge so staying power is incredible though let's be realistic - it will look flawless 6-8 hours, but at the 12 hour mark one must anticipate some smudging. It cleans off easily as well and I cannot agree with the reviewers who said that it doesn't remove easily. As for colour, please purchase BK-1 as that's black as midnight, I have bought if I'm not mistaken BK the first time and yep, that colour was faint. Win!

on 8/24/2013 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is easy to use as it has a felt tip but you need to apply a few times to get the black color you want as it is quite light. I had the first beautiful wing-lined eyes. The horror comes when I tried to remove them and you have to scrub like crazy with oil-based eye makeup remover for like 20 times before you can get rid of it. Scary! Never to us it again!

on 6/26/2013 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I got this from someone who was visiting Japan.
I like it. It makes a nice sharp thin line. Also the brush doesn't separate.
I wish I could get another one.

on 1/18/2013 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The only liquid liner that stayed on my eyes without budging even without a primer. It's really waterproof and a tad difficult to remove even with Bioderma's remover. Any liquid liner that is actually waterproof for me, I'm sold. (Yes, I'm talking about you, K-palette. I'm disappointed) I live in Singapore, the weather is quite humid. It can withstand the humidity here, I'm good.

I love how air-tight the cap is, so the product does not dry out. I love the brush applicator because I can make the thinnest line and a thick line at ease. I have it in BK-1, the blackest black. It does apply on black for me, but I layer it to keep the intensity strong. I found layering my liquid liners will keep it budgeproof.

It is a great liquid liner for beginners because it's very easy to control, unlike the dip-kind of liquid liners. I found myself reaching for this liquid liner the most out of my stash, although I do rotate my liners on days just to finish them.

Definitely repurchase because the only liquid liner I liked so far.

on 4/13/2012 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Loved this. Doesn't dry out fast, pigmented, and actually waterproof.
I put this on right before an 11 hour flight came off, still on, it rained and didn't smudge. Pretty easy to take off for me, I used warm/hot water and it came off. Applicator is a bit spikey but it does become softer over time.

on 2/8/2012 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It is good black color liquid eyeliner shade. Really pigmented. Only setback(s) is that it literally is super sharp on the eyelids so when your using it freakin hurts like a needle scrapping lightly against my skin! Also the last time I used, it stained my eyelids! I used an oil based waterproof eye makeup remover, cleansing wipe, shu uemura's cleansing oil, it wouldn't budge!!! So I was left with a blue-ish black eyeliner mark on both me lids for 3 days lol. At least I didn't look like a raccoon. Just someone who lined their eyes with a faded liner.

on 12/1/2011 2:37:00 AM

This is my first liquid eyeliner and i found it very smudging and short lasting..i remember i cried while watching movie and after coming out from cinema hall my bf was telling me that my eyeliner was messy..immediately after that i found marjolica to replace it. Lol

Top Rated Kanebo Products