September 30, 2014 | 1923 users online

Palettes - Sephora - Sunswept

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2005 4:31:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

i was so excited to find this on sale for $20 at sephora (original price: $36). i went in to look at the midnight face palette, but it was simply too purple for me. i bought this one home and was completely disappointed the next day when i realized the colors just didnt work on me.

the palette has one bronzey cream highlighter (too light for my NC40 skin, yellow undertones, as well as TOO shimmery), one blush (a very unnaturally bright matte pink), and six eyeshadows: off-white, pink-nude, shimmery rose, matte brown, a light lavender, and a shimmery tan. the only ones that showed up one me were the shimmery tan and the matte brown; the others were far too light. however, all of them did blend well, and feel very soft.

the packaging is nice; as other reviewers mention, the outside is black rubber, similar to NARS, but what i really love about it is that once you open it, the entire lid is a mirror on the inside. the brushes are terrible, which i expected.

i did return this palette, but i do think the colors would have worked much better on someone with a lighter coloring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2005 1:51:00 PM More reviews by therese108

After how much I loved the Star Struck palette, I had to have this as soon as it came out. Like Charma, all I can say is, WOW! This is even better than Star Struck, but for different reasons. Starstruck is great for its wearable, basic colors, great for daytime and officewear, with one evening look. Sunswept is pure glamour all the way. The colors are beach goddess more than beach bunny: eyeshadows in purples, pinks, and browns (from bronze to tan to a deep reddish brown for lining); a hot pink blush and cream bronzer. As per usual, Mally Roncal has devised two looks that are now printed on the box (not on a paper insert that's easy to lose), the Islander and the Poolsider. The instructions are rather complicated this time around. Each look requires at least 3 eyeshadow colors and a bit of cheek contouring using both blush and bronzer. But the results are astonishing. I wore the Poolsider look to a dinner party and someone asked me, "Who does your makeup? You look like a movie star." Thank you, Mally, for sharing "that thing you do" for your celeb clients with us mere mortals! Sunswept leaves every other "beachy" palette in the dust, including Bobbi Brown's Beach Beauty palette ("beauty," shuh, right!). While BeneFit's Hoola Hues is good for day, by all means buy Sunswept for night. You, too, can look like a movie star.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2005 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Charma22

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What can I say, but this is a FABULOUS!!! palette!!!!!! This is the most georgous, and workable palette I have ever come across. Believe me, I've owned Nars palettes, Lancome palettes, Stila palettes, Lorac, etc. and none have I enjoyed so much as this one. What's included is a cream bronzer, a soft medium toned pink blush w/ super soft shimmer (almost matte), and then 6 fabulous e/s colors: soft purple, cream, medium pink, soft pink, bronzy gold and medium brown w/ very slight red undertones (this is great as a contour or even as a liner when used wet). Also you get two brushes--one for the blush and the other is double sided for e/s and possible lining. All of the colors work w/ my skin tone, and this is absolutely PERFECT for the summer! I was actually not impressed w/ the Sephora Star Struck palette, but when I heard a new palette was out, and the site listed it, the colors looked workable...but WOW---even more better in person!!!!! The casing is sorta like that rubberized packaging of Nars w/ a huge substantial mirror on the inside and cute pink Sephora wording of the front cover. This is great for just sticking in your purse when you have somewhere to go---great for vacations. For reference, I am a MAC NC 30, Clinique Superbalanced Nude Beige, Estee Lauder Tawny, Nars Barcelona, Shu 734, and Bobbie Brown 4.5. The price at Sephora for this is $36. Right now this is my favorite palette just because I can use and wear all the colors. The only thing I wish that this palette included was a lippie of some sort, whether it was l/s or l/g. But for $36 and for a palette of all wearable colors, I shouldn't really complain :) Definately check this palette out if you're looking for some new summer colors!!!! You don't be disappointed. Plus, the quality of the colors is really good as well.