August 29, 2014 | 931 users online

Top/Base Coats - Seche Vite - Dry Fast Top Coat

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by etain_anders

This will absolutely dry your nails incredibly fast, and the top coat is both very shiny and durable enough to protect your polish from chipping for a few days (I'm hard on polish). I took off one lippie because I bought this in part because of reviewers saying that applying it over dry polish lead to the polish coming off and I thought that sounded like a great way to speed up nail polish removal. No such thing, at least for me. Still, it's the best top coat that I'v used. I'll repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Mari001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ran out of my beloved Poshe and not being able to find it quickly at a store near me, I decided to just go ahead and buy the ever so popular Seche Vite. I'm not that big a fan.

I honestly thought I'd love it more, but Poshe works so much better on me than this. Reasons I didn't like Seche as much:
It shrinks if you're not careful.
It takes longer to dry.
It has a much stronger smell.

It's not a bad top coat and I'll use it until it dries up, but I won't be re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It's a miracle! I can't tell you how many times I've ruined my nails HOURS after I've painted them. I'd get scratches or imprints from sheets on my nails no matter how long I would wait, I'd almost given up on doing my nails altogether. It dries so quickly; i wait about 30 minutes to be safe but nothing ruins it. Not only does this top coat give my nails an amazing glossy shine but it makes my paint last longer too. I'm never going back!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Well, Im converted.

For awhile now Ive been using Nails Inc's quick dry top-coats (Specifically, the Kensington Caviar and the Albert Bridge) for the most part, but, they had thier downsides so I decided to explore other items.

I love this stuff, its cheaper than the Nails Inc, its a bigger bottle, it dries lightning fast, and so far, it hasnt gone goopy; which, was the biggest issue with the Nails Inc topcoats that (at least for me) went pretty gooey after only a couple months of regular use, leaving me with half-full bottles of unuseable sludge.

I havent reached the 1/2 bottle point, which, I hear is when it tends to go thick, but some people buy a bigger refill bottle and top up as needed, so, Ill probably do that. I love this stuff.

It really is as good as they say!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this topcoat, dries very quickly and the color stays fresh on longer. Very shiny nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by maybellecowbell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

THE BEST top coat i have every tried, my nails usually chip after 24 hours or less but I have been wearing my varnish with Seche Vite on for coming up to three days with only a tiny bit of tip wear & no chips at all which is a freaking MIRACLE.

Just make sure you 'wrap' or cap the free edge or whatever they call it coz apparently some people get shrinkage.

also - IT REALLY DOES NOT SMELL THAT BAD??

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by PinkDahlia119

CONS:
Shrinkage
Smell
Thickening halfway through the bottle.

I does dry incredibly fast though. The shine is pretty, but not as glassy as Poshe.
It doesn't bubble & flows really nicely over the nail- making it pretty mistake proof. It is a nice product. But the cons make me reconsider purchasing it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Ohlookitsdenise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Seche Vite!! This top coat is the best! Everytime I put it on, it makes my nail polish look even and leveled. It also gives me the PRETTIEST shine which makes it look like I have acrylics on. I can't get enough of this stuff. The smell is a bit overpowering though. The first time I used it, it was like a slap in the face because I have never experienced anything like it before. But I am not one to be turned off by smell. I got used to it so now everything is fine! I have also experienced a little shrinkage with this top coat which is understandable because it soaks into all the layers of polish to dry so a little shrinkage isn't too bad. I have experienced shrinkage with every fast dry top coat I used but this one is by far the least shrinkage. Love it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by kileylovescake

Seche Vite it the BEST for sealing nail art and as a general top coat.

Drying Time -Seche Vite is dry and functional in just a few minutes. It does take a bit more time to FULLY harden (you can still smudge it if you rifle through your purse, for example, for about 30 minutes or so). This is the fastest drying top coat I have tried and after spending hours with nail art, it is a blessing to be able to dry them quickly!

Shrinkage - Yes, it does cause shrinkage IF you use it improperly. You have to use a "wrapping" technique that just takes practice. You'll get the hang of it!

Longevity - Some people complain that it does not keep your manicure from chipping; yet, I have not had issues with this. Honestly, I haven't found any top coats that can do better than this.

Thickening - Yes, it does thicken when you get about half way through the bottle. But Seche has a thinning product to fix this, so it doesn't bother me!

Price - I buy mine at Sally's for about 8$, have also seen it at CVS and Target for about 10$.

The product is a lifesaver and a MUST HAVE for nail art enthusiasts. Watch some tutorials online if you get frustrated, though, because it can be difficult to master!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by fanofthe30s

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this exclusively for my topcoat, but is does get thick quickly. I thin it with a nail polish thinner I get at Sally's. It works great!!!