October 1, 2014 | 2000 users online

Top/Base Coats - Seche Vite - Dry Fast Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by KathieL

Love it. I have thin nails, teeny nail beds and no curve to my nails when they grow. My manicures Always, and I mean ALWAYS chip the next day if they haven't already been mucked up on the first day. My first application left me a bit let down, but the second time I used it worked like a dream. My initial experience was while using very goopy polish. Its thickness meant that Seche Vite did not cure properly or quickly. Use with a polish that gives great colour and coverage with minimal coats and thinness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by modegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my third bottle, and finally I gave in and instead of buying a new one when it got too thick, I gave in and bought the special thinner. should have done that years ago - a little of the thinner goes a long way. IMO this top coat is best applied one thick coat. Let the two layers of color dry a bit first and then put this on thickly AND QUICKLY. The stuff is amazing in that it SELF LEVELS, even my bumpy nails, but a pro and a con is that it is also quick drying, which means that if you make a mistake, it's hard to go over that area again. But if you apply it somewhat thick, it will still level out.

And it lasts. I am a cooking and crafting mother (knit, sew, refinish furniture) with a Pomeranian and an aquarium. That means my hands are fiddling around all the time and in and out of water.

Con: Oh I hate that it is So Full Of chemicals. it makes my house smell bad and toxic.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Aritzia

Damn this stuff is GOOD. Makes my nails look like I just got a gel manicure and you can literally feel it on your nails because its so hard and stiff, you know know its not going anywhere. Only con about this is that it smells very toxic and extremely strong and paint like.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by 4lcloverab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this top coat. It dries super fast and stays shiny longer than any other top coat, quick dry or otherwise. The only thing i will caution you about is applying more than one coat. I have been using this for about 4 years now and have it down to a science. So, when you paint your nails, apply two coats of this topper about 5 minutes apart. Yes, two coats!! If you apply one coat and then go a few days later to apply another, it will peel. I know, that sucks, but it's true. i spoke to my manicurist about this and she has the same experience with it. On the other hand, I have acrylic overlays and go 3 weeks between fills. This stays shiny until about the 17 day mark. It is unbelievable how it stays so shiny. I apply two coats though. So, if you have natural nails, do the same and you should achieve the outstanding results that i do. It is kind of pricey. BUT, guess what? They have it on Amazon and you get two bottles for about $9!! That's a little more than it retails for one bottle. Here is the link:
Enjoy and happy painting!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by ncranney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Seche Vite lives up to its hype and up to its claims; it dries rapidly, does its job as a top coat, it's high gloss, and it even dries the polish beneath it. It's wonderful in every way. The only downside is that it does tend to get thick as you use the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by eaorb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried many top coats and nothing yields the results that Seche Vite top coat does. Seche Vite dries much faster than any other top coat, which is of course the biggest appeal of this product. With a new bottle, I feel like a little bit goes a long way.

I do have a couple of concerns about Seche Vite that bother me, however. It doesn't appeal to me that it contains chemicals that cause "birth defects or other reproductive harm", though I am aware that toulene is what makes this product work so well. Seche Vite top coat does cause shrinkage, which is annoying. Additionally, only half of the bottle is usable - once the bottle is filled about half way, the formula becomes goopy and horrible. You can thin it with nail polish thinner or Seche Restore, but it will always resume to its goopy formula in the end. Despite these issues, I will continue to buy this product and only use this product. I've tried to save money buy buying cheaper top coats, but I end up messing up my nails before the other stuff even dries. I don't feel like its even worth looking for anything else at this point.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by etain_anders

This will absolutely dry your nails incredibly fast, and the top coat is both very shiny and durable enough to protect your polish from chipping for a few days (I'm hard on polish). I took off one lippie because I bought this in part because of reviewers saying that applying it over dry polish lead to the polish coming off and I thought that sounded like a great way to speed up nail polish removal. No such thing, at least for me. Still, it's the best top coat that I'v used. I'll repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Mari001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ran out of my beloved Poshe and not being able to find it quickly at a store near me, I decided to just go ahead and buy the ever so popular Seche Vite. I'm not that big a fan.

I honestly thought I'd love it more, but Poshe works so much better on me than this. Reasons I didn't like Seche as much:
It shrinks if you're not careful.
It takes longer to dry.
It has a much stronger smell.

It's not a bad top coat and I'll use it until it dries up, but I won't be re-purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It's a miracle! I can't tell you how many times I've ruined my nails HOURS after I've painted them. I'd get scratches or imprints from sheets on my nails no matter how long I would wait, I'd almost given up on doing my nails altogether. It dries so quickly; i wait about 30 minutes to be safe but nothing ruins it. Not only does this top coat give my nails an amazing glossy shine but it makes my paint last longer too.

I've read some reviews of people having problems with shrinkage, so I just added a cheap top coat beneath Seche Vite and I have zero problems! Yes, it is an extra step but it makes a huge difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Well, Im converted.

For awhile now Ive been using Nails Inc's quick dry top-coats (Specifically, the Kensington Caviar and the Albert Bridge) for the most part, but, they had thier downsides so I decided to explore other items.

I love this stuff, its cheaper than the Nails Inc, its a bigger bottle, it dries lightning fast, and so far, it hasnt gone goopy; which, was the biggest issue with the Nails Inc topcoats that (at least for me) went pretty gooey after only a couple months of regular use, leaving me with half-full bottles of unuseable sludge.

I havent reached the 1/2 bottle point, which, I hear is when it tends to go thick, but some people buy a bigger refill bottle and top up as needed, so, Ill probably do that. I love this stuff.

It really is as good as they say!