November 23, 2014 | 2019 users online

Top/Base Coats - Seche Vite - Dry Fast Top Coat

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2014 3:43:00 AM More reviews by longsilog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite top coat thus far. It dries super fast and is easy to use. Sadly, this isn't locally available in the Philippines. :) I regret not stocking up on this while I was in Singapore.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by monmellow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff dries super fast and shiny and is the best fast drying nail product i've used so far. Definitely recommend!

if you're having trouble make sure you're using it correctly - use over semi-dry nail polish and avoid going over the nail multiple times. Instead get a bead going on the end of the brush and let it sort of wash over the nail. I'm sure there are more detailed instructions on the interwebs :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by denimvixen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this top coat! I have finally found a top coat that really does dry fast enough for me to paint my nails before bed and I don't wake up to sheet marks on my fresh manicure the next morning. Not only does it dry fast it gives your nails a glossy gel-like finish that lasts and lasts. As a recovering nail salon addict this product definitely allows me to give myself professional looking mani/pedis at home, in a fraction of the time (and the price) of going to a salon, freeing up my time to do more productive things. As a busy mom I just don't have time to sit around and wait for my nails to dry. I don't know how Seche Vite does it, but I'm glad that they do, because it really has changed my life! Well as much as a fast drying top coat can!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Hogwartshonorstudent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This use to be my favorite go to top coat, because it does work well and dries really fast. However, I fell out of love with it when i noticed it always seemed to change the color of my polish. It tints the shade a yellow/brown color. And it shrinks, like others have mentioned. And for the life of me I can't get a manicure to last more than 48 hours before it peels off in sheets. I switched to "out the door" and it dries just as fast without the harsh chemicals, god awful smell, yellow tint, and shrink issues.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Katerinejm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This top coat is by far the best I've used, and I have used pretty much every top out there. It dries in literally 1-3 minutes at the absolute most. The only thing to consider when using this product are the chemicals in it, for example toluene, that has been banned in European countries since it's labeled as a carcinogen from what I have read online. So when applying make sure you are in a well ventilated place or wear one of those masks manicurist wear. Other than that it is the best out there for a perfect manicure.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My issue with this product is no matter what nail polish I use under it, it causes tip shrinkage and early chipping. Does it dry fast, yes, but the shrinkage and pre-mature chipping are a deal breaker. When I use my Essie No Chip Ahead (I'm not affiliated with the Essie company) top coat, which is not a dry fast topcoat, I get none of those issues. Therefore I'll wait the extra few minutes for my polish to dry.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by foofighter99

The best top coat I have ever used.....EVER. It smooths out any minor bumps, nicks or sheet marks (cause I'm notorious for applying nail polish before I go to bed). I purchased a teeny tiny sample bottle at my local CosmoProf and fell in love. I just wish I could find the large bottle here somewhere but can always purchase on-line. It dries your polish quickly, enhances the colour clarity and finishes to a glass like shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by nevroth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of those "I know I shouldn't be using this because all the ingredients are highly toxic and probably carcinogenic buuut..... DAMN don't my nails look good?!"

Just try to use it in an spot with ventilation. And definitely invest in the thinner. If not, you may lose half the bottle and every precious shiny toxic drop counts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally did it. I finally bought a bottle of this stuff. I don't know why I shied away from purchasing it for so long, given my tendency to buy into cosmetic hype.
But boooooy am I glad I finally did this time!
This stuff is incredible. It does indeed dry fast, right down to shortening the drying time of semi-wet nail polish underneath. And when it dries, it settles down to a gorgeous glass-like finish.
The formula is quite thick, which I love because I find it hides any minor imperfections very well. Thinner formulas tend to settle into any bumps or ridges that might be showing through my polish. This masks them perfectly.
The packaging is pretty standard, but works very well. Why mess with a good thing, right?
I paid about $6 and change at Bed Bath and Beyond and I will definitely repurchase. For my money, I don't think it gets better than this when it comes to top coats!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by candiamber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i've used this product for 3 of my manicures & will be returning it to walmart today. will not purchase again!

pros:
* dries quickly (huge YAY!)
* super shiny

cons:
* polish discoloration! turns every shade i wear about 2 shades darker! it dries clear but by the second day, the seche vite becomes a light brown tint & my polish is not the same color it started out as. what is this about? so aggravating.
* in 1-2 days, the seche vite starts to flake off/peel. badly. it's to the point where i can clearly see nail polish on one half of my nail & the awful light brown tint of where the seche vite still clings...

my hunt for a great top coat continues...