July 30, 2014 | 1801 users online

Top/Base Coats - Seche Vite - Dry Fast Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by kileylovescake

Seche Vite it the BEST for sealing nail art and as a general top coat.

Drying Time -Seche Vite is dry and functional in just a few minutes. It does take a bit more time to FULLY harden (you can still smudge it if you rifle through your purse, for example, for about 30 minutes or so). This is the fastest drying top coat I have tried and after spending hours with nail art, it is a blessing to be able to dry them quickly!

Shrinkage - Yes, it does cause shrinkage IF you use it improperly. You have to use a "wrapping" technique that just takes practice. You'll get the hang of it!

Longevity - Some people complain that it does not keep your manicure from chipping; yet, I have not had issues with this. Honestly, I haven't found any top coats that can do better than this.

Thickening - Yes, it does thicken when you get about half way through the bottle. But Seche has a thinning product to fix this, so it doesn't bother me!

Price - I buy mine at Sally's for about 8$, have also seen it at CVS and Target for about 10$.

The product is a lifesaver and a MUST HAVE for nail art enthusiasts. Watch some tutorials online if you get frustrated, though, because it can be difficult to master!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by fanofthe30s

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this exclusively for my topcoat, but is does get thick quickly. I thin it with a nail polish thinner I get at Sally's. It works great!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by IridessaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings for this top coat.
I love to use it when I first open it, it dries very fast and gives an amazing shine to the nails. I don't find that it shrinks my nail polish and it definitely adds to the longevity of the color. The smell is quite strong, but I don't mind, never had a problem with nail polish smells. I can never use it though with my husband in the house, who has an issue with strong smells.
My main issue is that it dries very quickly, I can never finish a bottle. After just a few uses, I throw it away because it becomes so thick, it can't be used anymore. After that I bought 2 new ones, but the same happened. I won't be repurchasing..

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by DontMakeASound

NEVER, EVER AGAIN!!! I heard so much greatness from it and guess what? It's horrible!! After about 1 1/2 days it would peel all my nail polish off my nail. It did it every single time. Yes it dries fast, but it would come COMPLETELY off after 2 days! DO NOT BUY!

I bought a $6 Revlon top coat and it is not peeling like my seche vite one did. Very disappointed in seche vite.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by margomiller

This stuff is amazing!! Literally the only thing that makes it possible for me to do my nails. It dries so quickly without leaving that tacky feeling that most top coats do.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by icestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One word - AMAZING!

I love it! The first time I used it, I couldn't stop staring at my nails. I had painted them gold and I thought I was rich because they looked so real! Seche Vite dries within minutes and is amazing if you paint your nails and go like me.

Not to mention, it's so glossy it's as if your staring at wet hair. Everything is so shiny and I look at nail polish in a new light.

Unfortunately, it shrinks HORRIBLY. Within the next day, you can see the tips of my nails. Kind of defeats the purpose, don't you think? Yes, I wrap the tips of my base coat, color, and Seche Vite. It doesn't help. Really bad downside, isn't it? Oh well. At least I'm addicted to nail polish. I paint my nails so much it doesn't shrink too bad before I paint again.

So the next word I would describe this as - Great.

A few weeks later, it goes goopy on me. Really? Did you have to? I've read how goopy it gets but never imagined that quick. I barely got through a quarter of the bottle and it just decides to trap bubbles and have thick stringy layers and everything. For the price I guess it's sort of a disappointment. It's so thick it can get hard to apply.

Of course you can get Seche Restore, but when my favorite quick dry top coat is Revlon Quick Dry Top coat. which DOESN'T get so goopy quickly, I didn't really want to spend the extra bucks on a thinner. Yes, the top coat still works fine, but it just isn't preferable to have bubbles. Plus, it's harder to apply. Sometimes I still use it, when I want a super shiny manicure, but it's kind of a love hate relationship.

Did I mention the horrible scent? Yes, it smells bad but it kind of grew on me. Now I'm used to it and all is well. I actually prefer normal nail polish smell over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Zagliadod

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently got some nail stamping supplies and tried 4 other top coats to seal the designs before trying this. All the others dissolved and smeared the polish in varying degrees. This one did not affect the stamping in any way. I will update after I find out how long my manicures take to start chipping.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by honeyappleseed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product makes your nails dry super fast but it doesnt help with chipping like you think a top coat would. not worth the money

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by xojlg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was one of the most disappointing products I've ever purchased. After hearing soo many good things about it I just had to get it. Even though it was like $12-15 which is pretty ridiculous. I really wanted to love it but it's just not that great. Yes it definitely dries fast and gives a nice glossy look to your nails but as for preventing chipped nails? Not that great .. at all. People were saying it kept their nail polish from chipping for over a week. I tried this topcoat with every brand of nail polish you can think of and after like 2-3 days it chipped like with any other top coat I've used. Oh and the smell is absolutely horrible and very strong as well. Very chemical-y smelling. Lastly, like most top coats once you get a bit closer to the bottom of the bottle it starts to get stringy and gross which is a pain in the ass given the price. I will definitely not be repurchasing as my $6 revlon top coat is much much better!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by cyberhd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to like this Top Coat that I purchased 3 bottles. Its very shiny & dries fast. But it hardens quickly in the bottle half way full. I've never seen it in any nail polish before. What a waste, I even added nail polish thinner but it was hard like cement. Won't be buying it again.