Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Benzophenone-1.

Absolute HG top coat. I used this then went to the Dior one for a while then returned to this as it is more widely available and frankly I found it did the same thing. I'm never without it and in fact after a mani that lasted a day in Thailand (after they used a godawful top coat that didn't dry for two days and dulled in chlorine when I was swimming) I used it to refresh my nails and amazingly - they were like new. If I had one gripe - it could last a little longer, but I'm willing to offer all of that based on how quickly my nails dry and are so shiny.

on 9/28/2015 6:53:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I absolutely love this top coat and I never want to use another! I have never had a top coat that dries so quickly and makes the polish underneath nice and shiny! The only downside is that it does have a chemical smell, but that is easy to ignore when you are enjoying the look it gives your nails.

I have repurchased this product many, many times! My HG top coat, unless it is a drugstore gel polish set. Love how fast polish dries with this top coat, how shiny, and it really seems to enhance the polish.

on 9/1/2015 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Fast drying, shiny and hard as you know what when it dries.

on 8/31/2015 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Never again.
When I first tried it, I didn't understand how I could be without it. It does it's job - nail polish dries almost instantly. Unfortunately, after two months of using this, my nails turned completely brittle and peeling. I thought it was just winter, but my mom who lives in a completely different climate, had the same experience. My nails were weak to begin with but in ok shape, her nails are like the nails you see in commercials. Until this product... It took us about 4 months to have our nails recover.. I should have known better than to use something without reading the ingredients. But I was just smitten with how fast it dried the nail polish...

also, I think my nail polish chipped a lot faster with this on top.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

While I loved this at first for it's high gloss finish and lightening fast dry time, I stopped using it.

Yes, it's shiny. Yes it dries fast. Yes, you can put it on several layers of wet polish and it will dry them all in a minute.

But is gets thick quickly. Within a couple months, the formula got so thick that it was impossible to work with (I'm not going to buy the extra thinner and thin this out every time I go to use it, that's too much for me). It shrinks like a mofo. Probably the most offensive though is that it contains some pretty nasty toxic ingredients (Toulene). I prefer to stay away from those. Plus, this STINKS!

I much prefer HK girl top coat. Just as shiny, just as fast drying, basically the same as Seche, but waaaaaay better!

on 8/21/2015 9:21:00 AM

Dries extremely fast, ultra glossy and smooth. Downside: shrinks and chips/peels easily. The only reason why I keep on buying this is because I don't have the time to dry my nails and because the glossiness is superb. Other than that, polish lasts 3-5 days max.

on 8/21/2015 8:58:00 AM

Cons: Dries fast, but doesn't make miracles (and that was i was expecting). Isn't ultra shiny and my nails looks duller every day. My nails doesn't look smooth either... you can see creases and some brush strokes :'(. I've had better results with China Glaze fast forward top coat (better and long lasting shine; really smooth surface).

Pros: Only suffered minor chipping (but only hours after my manicure) and almost no shrinkage. I used it with Gelous and Orly Bonder, so i think it will last perfectly for a week.

I'm very dissapointed, because I was really expecting great results and is just an average top coat.

Doesn't worth the amount I paid for it :(

EDIT: This top coat is A M A Z I N G for nail stamping. Images seems to be floating in the polish, the effect is beautiful. Also tried it over matte nail polish and made it astonishingly shiny (didn't achieve the same effect with other brands). I'll buy it again for this purposes.

I still can't see a big difference between this top coat and others over shiny nail polish (CG Fast Forward, SH Insta Dry; American Classics In a Hurry, Essence, etc).

EDIT 2: Yeah, now I can see it. Used with Gelous, really looks like a gel manicure.

on 8/9/2015 10:13:00 AM

This top coat dries out very quickly, even when there's half of the bottle left. I know there are ways to revitalize it, but I view it as a con and a waste of money for something that is easily replaceable. It works pretty well but there are other options out there that don't dry out.

on 7/27/2015 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the look of gel manicures, but the expense/high maintenance/acetone removal, etc. does not appeal to me. Since I do not have the discretionary income to allow for frequent salon visits, I usually do my nails at home. So I was looking for a super shiny top coat that emulates the look of a gel manicure without the expense or commitment. Thatís what led me to Seche Vite.

In researching Seche Vite, I noticed the reviews were dichotomous ó there are those who absolutely adore SV, and those who experience horrible peeling, shrinkage and chipping. Realizing that MMV from person to person, I decided to try it for myself, knowing I could always return it if the results were unsatisfactory.

The first time I tried SV, I experienced some minor peeling on the edge of a couple of my fingernails about three days into the manicure. I got in the habit of applying Vaseline on my fingers bordering my nail beds to assist in cleaning up any polish mistakes. So the next time I used SV, I decided forego the Vaseline and experienced no peeling whatsoever. A little Vaseline must have obviously contaminated the polish during the first go-around ó thatís all I can think of.

Moving forward, I have been using SV together with the SV base coat and I have had stellar results. My nails do not chip or wear until about a week into the manicure ó and after a week or so, youíre looking at a polish change, anyway. It also seems to buff out any polish errors and as such it delivers a very professional-looking finish ó as close to salon perfect as I can get while doing my nails at home.

And yes, it dries in a flash! From my experience, it dries in a couple of minutes and you can safely perform low-impact tasks within fifteen minutes after doing your nails.

So far, Iíve pretty good luck with SV. I use as directed and I apply over wet polish, etc. Again, results may vary from person to person, but I believe itís worth a shot for anyone looking for a shiny, professional-looking top coat.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

My top 5 fave beauty items, right now - Seche Vite dry fast top coat by Denim Vixen

Product Wars - Episode 13 by fionaman