October 24, 2014 | 1606 users online

Top/Base Coats - Seche Vite - Dry Fast Top Coat

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My issue with this product is no matter what nail polish I use under it, it causes tip shrinkage and early chipping. Does it dry fast, yes, but the shrinkage and pre-mature chipping are a deal breaker. When I use my Essie No Chip Ahead top coat, which is not a dry fast topcoat, I get none of those issues. Therefore I'll wait the extra few minutes for my polish to dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by foofighter99

The best top coat I have ever used.....EVER. It smooths out any minor bumps, nicks or sheet marks (cause I'm notorious for applying nail polish before I go to bed). I purchased a teeny tiny sample bottle at my local CosmoProf and fell in love. I just wish I could find the large bottle here somewhere but can always purchase on-line. It dries your polish quickly, enhances the colour clarity and finishes to a glass like shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by nevroth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of those "I know I shouldn't be using this because all the ingredients are highly toxic and probably carcinogenic buuut..... DAMN don't my nails look good?!"

Just try to use it in an spot with ventilation. And definitely invest in the thinner. If not, you may lose half the bottle and every precious shiny toxic drop counts.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by demo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally did it. I finally bought a bottle of this stuff. I don't know why I shied away from purchasing it for so long, given my tendency to buy into cosmetic hype.
But boooooy am I glad I finally did this time!
This stuff is incredible. It does indeed dry fast, right down to shortening the drying time of semi-wet nail polish underneath. And when it dries, it settles down to a gorgeous glass-like finish.
The formula is quite thick, which I love because I find it hides any minor imperfections very well. Thinner formulas tend to settle into any bumps or ridges that might be showing through my polish. This masks them perfectly.
The packaging is pretty standard, but works very well. Why mess with a good thing, right?
I paid about $6 and change at Bed Bath and Beyond and I will definitely repurchase. For my money, I don't think it gets better than this when it comes to top coats!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by candiamber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i've used this product for 3 of my manicures & will be returning it to walmart today. will not purchase again!

pros:
* dries quickly (huge YAY!)
* super shiny

cons:
* polish discoloration! turns every shade i wear about 2 shades darker! it dries clear but by the second day, the seche vite becomes a light brown tint & my polish is not the same color it started out as. what is this about? so aggravating.
* in 1-2 days, the seche vite starts to flake off/peel. badly. it's to the point where i can clearly see nail polish on one half of my nail & the awful light brown tint of where the seche vite still clings...

my hunt for a great top coat continues...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by jplakhot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Probably the best all-around top-coat. Fastest drying I have ever tried, and really melts all of your polish layers together due to the toluene, for a smooth, professional looking finish. It is also super shiny and never dulls. The only thing, it does start chipping around day 5-6, and when it chips, it usually pulls off chunks of nail polish with it. Still, the drying speed and finish make this my fav top coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by KathieL

Love it. I have thin nails, teeny nail beds and no curve to my nails when they grow. My manicures Always, and I mean ALWAYS chip the next day if they haven't already been mucked up on the first day. My first application left me a bit let down, but the second time I used it worked like a dream. My initial experience was while using very goopy polish. Its thickness meant that Seche Vite did not cure properly or quickly. Use with a polish that gives great colour and coverage with minimal coats and thinness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by modegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my third bottle, and finally I gave in and instead of buying a new one when it got too thick, I gave in and bought the special thinner. should have done that years ago - a little of the thinner goes a long way. IMO this top coat is best applied one thick coat. Let the two layers of color dry a bit first and then put this on thickly AND QUICKLY. The stuff is amazing in that it SELF LEVELS, even my bumpy nails, but a pro and a con is that it is also quick drying, which means that if you make a mistake, it's hard to go over that area again. But if you apply it somewhat thick, it will still level out.

And it lasts. I am a cooking and crafting mother (knit, sew, refinish furniture) with a Pomeranian and an aquarium. That means my hands are fiddling around all the time and in and out of water.

Con: Oh I hate that it is So Full Of chemicals. it makes my house smell bad and toxic.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Aritzia

Damn this stuff is GOOD. Makes my nails look like I just got a gel manicure and you can literally feel it on your nails because its so hard and stiff, you know know its not going anywhere. Only con about this is that it smells very toxic and extremely strong and paint like.