October 20, 2014 | 2138 users online

Powder - Christian Dior - Dior Skin Ultra Mat

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2007 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Firstly, I bought this foundation in the lightest shade, thinking that it matched my PPP skin (department store lighting!!) but in reality it was about a shade too dark. That aside, I probably wouldn't buy this again because it was just too drying and made my skin look flaky. I have combination skin, so for those with very oily skin this could be great. Before it started drying my skin out, I was very impressed with the coverage and finish that this foundation gave, so I give it 3/5!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2007 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Carlita22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty foundation powder. Unfortunately it made me breakout terribly and I had to return it, but if it didn't make me breakout I would have liked it. It didn't look too chalky, it seemed to control oil and it had good staying power. Also, as the day wore on and my oil began to flow, the makeup took on a healthy "glowy" look. Too bad it didn't work for me. I've gone back to Prescriptives Anywear powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2007 3:01:00 PM More reviews by n_i_t

Bought this a couple of days before a huge job interview. i knew i had to go through three/four people and i didn't want my face to end up shiny and oily. and it works perfectly! i rarely use the sponge. i use a powder brush instead (a recommendation from a sephora associate) and i prefer that over the sponge. it keeps me practically shine-free for the entire work day -- maybe a little blotting or powder once or twice but that's considerably less than if i went without ultra mat!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2006 11:06:00 AM More reviews by surfwidow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I traded in my Chanel (Matte) powder yesterday for this. The Chanel version of this sucked! I think this powder works well. It softens your skin...Like a soft "look" almost. Its very pretty. Im med. skin with a tan and 300 is perfect for me. I put it on OVER my make-up-for-ever liquid foundation and my makeup didnt budge and actually looked very natural. an impossible feat in the southern California summers! Its $39.00 which is $4.00 cheaper than the Chanel one which wasnt as good. I also tried on thier diorshow powder in peach on my cheeks and it looks HOT! I didnt have another $39.00 to fork over at the time, but Im coming back for that!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2006 4:35:00 AM More reviews by pattypatr

Finally I've found my match!!!! This powder foundation is very light and best in controlling oil. Too bad the color doesn't match me well so I have to buy 2 color and mix. I use 100 and 102 together (I'm NC 15-20). Will recommend for oilly girl to try on. Also the sponge is the best, like a velvet.

PS. 102 is only available in Asia market.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2006 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

Not a winner for me. It looked too powdery and dusty on my skin and left my face feeling and looking dry. Now yes, I realize this is called "ultra mat" but in my book a $40 foundation should be able to look matte without drying me out. I have combo skin that veers toward oily, and getting a matte finish is almost impossible for me, so I'm kind of surprised at this. It's not a bad product but I can't really use it as foundation - I just use it very lightly to set my makeup or touch up shine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2006 3:13:00 PM More reviews by beentheredonethat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was sooooo disappointed with this powder foundation. First, the compact is fat and unwieldy and really hard to get open, the sponge storage area is like 2 inches deep -- inexplicably-- and it is hard to get into the "well" and to flip the tray with the powder in it up. Second, the powder itself goes on really weird. It's impossible to get uniform coverage with this- it goes on dry and splotchy and too heavy in some places and too light in others, regardless of the tool used, and I have used every one known to mankind in an attempt to get the joy out of this product that everyone else does. It also doesn't matter if I use a primer first, or a lightweight TM, or bare skin, it goes on funny- almost like it "skips". Finally, it is impossible to touch up very well, because it just gets wicked cakey in the areas that it was on too heavy to begin with. While the price is competitive for the amount of product among its peers, it's an inferior product. Back to my so-so Laura Mercier Powder foundation for now- while not HG, it's still 900 times better than this stuff. (FYI, Linen-201 is a great match for my MAC NC35 complexion. Too bad it sucks.)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2006 4:37:00 PM More reviews by ayengel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this powder foundation! 201 is a perfect match for my NC30 Asian skin. Stays matte but also has a great glow!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2006 7:59:00 PM More reviews by roxiblue

Yep, it defintely does exist, and it's great. Decent coverage and it does help keep the oilies at bay. I use Jane Iredale's Handi Brush with it and I like that better than using a sponge.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2005 10:15:00 PM More reviews by CandyKahne9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The previous poster is incorrect, as this product does indeed exist. Check Sephora. It's there. Anyway, I'm forever grateful that it does! I don't normally like Dio foundations, but I tried Ultra Mat on a whim, and it's fantastic! It gives me a matte finish, obviously what I'm after, but it doesn't provide the cakeyness or fakeyness that many other powder foundations provide. Instead, the finish is matte, but beautiful. Nothing fake or cakey about it at all. This is the one I reach for if I know I'm going to be gone for several hours and will only have time for a quick touch up in the car.