Clearasil Clearasil Ultra Face Scrub

3.6

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Purpose: Acne medication) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Polyethylene, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycerin, Mica, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Alcohol, Steareth 21, Sodium Chloride, Behenyl Alcohol, Synthetic Wax, Steareth 2, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance (Parfum), Dimethyl Palmitamine, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Propylene Glycol, Magnesium Nitrate, Disodium EDTA, Isopropyl Alcohol, BHT, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Magnesium Chloride, Methylisoptiazolinone, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Sodium Sulfate

on 6/6/2014 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff works great for my acne. I use it everyday and it helps with my acne. I LOVE the feeling of a scrub because afterwards my feels smooth and really clean. I definitely am buying again.

on 3/1/2014 11:51:00 AM

It was too drying and exfoliating for my skin. I used it once to twice a week, I certainly could not use it twice a day (as recommended on the packaging).
The drying part may not be as bad on really greasy skin, but the harsh exfoliating isn't good/healthy on any skin type IMO.
I can't really tell if it reduced pimples, but it certainly wasn't a huge difference.
I had some trouble with dry patches and it interrupted the healing process of old blemishes by partially removing the protective crust.
At leas it didn't break me out even more (but I could have used water for that..)

on 11/21/2013 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product used to work for me then it dryer out my skin Solomon much, and broke me out. I couldn't smile w/o feeling the dryness of my skin, it's really way too harsh for me I regret using it

on 6/17/2013 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really good scrub! It brings those annoying little red pimples that are under the skin to a head (to little white heads) and then scrubs them away. My blackheads have also dissipated after using this. yay! This also gives your skin a nice glow after you use it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I do really like this product but I have to say I was expecting it to be far more abrasive. My skin is sensitive to ingredients but not necessarily to exfoliating formulas so I love a good scrub!
I use this every evening after I've removed my makeup and it leaves my skin feeling soft with fewer spots. I'm not sure whether it's my makeup or that I need to up the anti on my makeup remover, but I still have foundation residue after using this that I see on my toner pad - I thought this scrub would have helped to get all of that off seeing as it is 'Ultra'.
Nevertheless, it's good. I think Neutrogena Deep Clean Scrub is better, I only used it once at a friend's house but it was very cooling and had more OOMPH.

on 11/8/2012 12:40:00 AM

I purchased this and didn't read the ingredients. I used it for a long time and kept getting really big red cystic acne bumps and my skin would only stay clear for 1 day I always had pimples...after changing my diet and only drinking water and still get bad cystic acne I decided to look into what I was washing with which was this.....and their it was this has castor oil and other oils in it which me having extremely oily skin that means constant breakouts..needless to say I stop using immediately and my face cleared up and stays clear.

on 8/18/2012 4:38:00 AM

this the worst product ive ever used. ever.
im not kidding.
there are scrubbing microbeads, which DONT break down. they penetrate deep into pores, and do not release medication or do anything beneficial. to make a long, disgusting, story short: the beads clog your pores. and they DON'T break down. stay away from this.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

GREAT PRODUCT! All I can say. I used this for one week and my skin was extremely clear. My skin was soo soft and supple, It wasnt drying yet still removed all the oil from my skin. The beads were very fine and gentle which was a plus. This is an amazing product and I will definitely be using again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I used this in my late teens when I had very very mild acne. It was more toward the side on minor breakouts. I LOVED it. It truly did work for me. In a matter of days my skin was clearing up and eventually was back to being clear. It even kept my skin clear. I used it as my normal cleanser and it was amazing. It never tapered off or irritated my skin, ever.

This is the perfect answer for people with mild breakouts. this is NOT a real acne treatment. This is for the occasional semi-stubborn zit/breakout. As much as I loved this stuff, it will not treat serious acne.
If you have continuous breakouts that won't really go away or increasing/stubborn redness, go talk to a doctor or seek out a treatment made for such.

It really is fantastic for what it is.

on 3/26/2011 3:42:00 PM

LOVE this product! I used it a while ago and it worked great, but I'm the type of person that likes to try different products so I bought something else once I finished this. My skin began to break out so I tried a few more products before I came back to this. It didn't work as well the second time around, so I tried more different products. After AcneFree left my skin dry and broken out, I used this Clearisil Scrub. I've only been using it for a few days and it's already working like it used to! I'm so relieved...love love love this product! :)