Cargo Foundation - Oil Free

3.8

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium hydroxide stearate, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Citronelleol, May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

This is TRULY a hidden gem. I have been looking over a month for a new foundation since my CKone has been discontinued. I wanted something similar.....light to medium coverage, natural looking, blendable. I tried EVERYTHING you can think of and finally settled on NARS TM. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE the NARS TM, but it does make me look incredibly shiny by mid day.

When trying on different makeup at Ulta, the SA suggested Cargo as a pretty good dupe for CK One but they no longer carry it in the store......just online. And since I needed something immediately, I didn't want to try and figure out what color and such. So I did my search and ended up settling on the NARS.
On a trip to Kohls, I noticed they are now selling a ton of high end makeup! And guess which one I found, CARGO! So I decided to try and I could always bring it back in case. I am around a NC25 to 30 and went with the color selection 40 (oddly enough 30 was WAAAAAY more dark than 40).

PROS:
-Color match perfect! So so so happy about this as even my NARS TM isn't a perfect match while this is!
-Texture: Blendable! I would say light to buildable coverage.
-Feel - AMAZING on my skin. Doesn't feel like i have makeup on at all
-Finish - It's a semi matte foundation in my opinion. I have dry to combo skin and this has kept the oil at bay. IT goes on like a liquid and dries to a more matte finish. 8 hours later and I only have a little break through shine
- Pretty good at covering pores and blemishes but needed a little more concealer under my eyes and on my blemishes. I topped with my bronzer and blush and it's a beautiful finish.
-Comes in a pouch that allows just enough product out
-So far no breakouts

CONS:
-A little pricey as I need a little more coverage so I have to use more product

This is truly an amazing foundation. My best friend said today "this looks like your CK one. I hope your search has ended because it looks like your HG!" LOVE IT!!!!!! So happy I tried this little gem.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this on a whim as I was wandering through some clearance items at my local Ulta. All Pop Beauty and Cargo products were 75% off because the store had discontinued using these brands. I purchased this for about $7-8. It retails normally for about $35-40ish last time I checked for it at Kohls to make sure the product hadn't been discontinued completely. I have had extremely oily skin for the past year or so and have yet to find a foundation that genuinely stays put. This product came awfully close but I will also point out I used a primer and powder (especially on my forehead, which gets extremely greasy). I cannot recall the shade I purchased, but it came very close and there are many to choose from. I felt this was great for everyday use and buildable for a night out. I'd say it's more on the medium-coverage side as opposed to completely full coverage. It is a thin, lightweight formula and blends easily. I used my Sephora #55 airbrush foundation brush to apply and would stipple my beautyblender over it once I applied my concealer. The packaging looks like an IV bag/Capri Sun bag and it lasted me approximately 3 months or so with nearly everyday use. The packaging was both unique and efficient since you squeeze out the amount you choose. I generally bounce around and don't particularly have a favorite foundation. But this is definitely up there with my current favorites and cannot wait to repurchase!

For some reason I had it in my head it would be the same size as capri sun orange juice packets. It isn't. It's very small.

The liquid foundation is very runny, only a small amount is needed, it doesn't need much blending, it glides on. Primer isn't really needed. It states its a light to medium coverage and I have to agree, you can build up the layers but it still doesn't build up to a high cover, but it doesn't state it does. It gives a flawless, natural finish, it is oil free, but it feels like there is something in it for how it glides on and how the finish is.

I have very sensitive eyes and skin. Classic T zone, dull, dewy, dehydrated cheeks. It doesn't irritate my skin or eyes, bonus, and it gives the appearance of my skin looking healthy and not dehydrated. On my shiny parts I reckon the foundation lasts a few hours, on my cheeks it lasts all day. It gives me the look of it looks like I have no foundation on.

I am happy with this product as it doesn't affect my sensitive skin. I reckon for it to stay on my shiny parts I need to invest in a finishing powder, which I don't mind as it's a great foundation for me. For night times I m ix it with Lorac matt foundation so it stays put all night.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Absolute worst foundation I've ever used. It has little to no coverage and doesn't last more then a couple hours. I have a fair to medium skin tone, got my correct shade, which later turned orange and blotchy. It also caused me to have little bumpy/rough patches all over my face and dried the hell out of my face (and I usually have oily skin). My skin has never really been sensitive and I've NEVER had a reaction to any beauty project I've ever used, but this one destroyed my skin. I've used cheap drug store makeup that's better than this and cost far less. I wouldn't even suggest this crap to my worst enemy.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this at Sephora as a staff member recommended it to me and it was my first foundation ever. I was so disappointed and stopped using this product because it was just awful. The only two good things about this product are the packaging (that makes it easy to get just the amount of foundation you want) and how it doesn't dry out inside the package. Aside from that, it's a minimal coverage foundation (all the imperfections will still show very easily), it's too orange (and yes, I did get the right color for my skin), it does nothing for oil control and can even make it worse in the summer (I have a combination/oily skin). Therefore, I won't be buying this again and I do not recommend it (especially if you have oily skin).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been wearing this foundation on and off for about a month. It's a light coverage foundation in my opinion and blends well on my skin. It hasn't broken me out yet, thank goodness:) I tend to breakout quickly when my skin gets irritated with certain products. I get compliments on how smooth and fresh my skin looks when I wear it. I pair it with Physician's Formula Sexy booster bronzer because it just adds a little glow, especially in the morning:). I will repurchase it, only if it's on sale:) I am a bargain shopper and wouldn't pay full price. Try it if you see it at Sephora for 11 bucks! It's definitely worth the sale price if you haven't tried it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great foundation. I like the smell, it's not overpowering or smells like make up (I hate the smell of foundation). Oil free so I don't break out from it. I find the coverage is buildable, not necessarily like a tinted moisturizer like many reviewers said previously.

The packaging is kind of messy. I like that you can squeeze out the foundation in a bag, but the tip can get really messy. It's great for travel because it's flat, so you can put it in a make up bag with other make up without it taking up too much space.

I'm F- 40 which is a perfect match for me in the summer. Winter I'm more like F - 20.

LOVE!!!!!!!!! this product! I'm 35 and even though I have an oily t zone (i still break out in my chin) I can still tell that my checks are dry, I have some lines & wrinkles, etc. I also need a foundation to stay as I work and have a 5-year old I have to chase around. The moment I put it on I fell in love - I'm not kidding. A little goes a long way and it felt almost like a gel to me. I am a natural blonde (but dye my hair a light brown), can be fair but since I live in So. California I'm currently pretty tan, and I have freckles - the 03 is so perfect that I'm actually surprised something matched so well (MAC could never find an exact match for me). So far today I've gone to tae Kwon do practice, had lunch in the sun and ran errands and it looks as good as it did 7 hours ago. Love love love - thank you Cargo!!

I wanted to love this foundation because it felt so light and looked like it would have at least medium coverage when I tried it on my hand in store. When I got home and applied it on my face it had minimal coverage. This foundation would be great for someone who likes a very natural looking light coverage foundation. Basically someone who wants a tinted moisturizer.

I put the price at a '3' for the regular price. I did get this at Sephora and since all the cargo stuff was on clearance I got it for $11. It's not a full coverage or a medium coverage but that's why I like it. The only thing I like about the packaging is how you can see the color inside. You can also squeeze out however much you want.