April 21, 2014 | 1037 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - MAC - Brush Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Wattsherface

This was my first brush cleanser so i have nothing to compare it to but it works. Cleans brushes well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by raquelsimoes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I heard very good things about this product and I was not disappointed when I bought it. It does its job as a spot cleaner for in between washes, but you still have to wash them more properly from time to time obviously. Another positive thing about is it lasts for a long time, even using it daily, and its not expensive as quality really pays off. However, the packaging is awful and, if you want the product to last, you have to change it. Overall, I love and recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by MissTaDa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product for spot cleaning & use it most days. It smells nice & my brushes can be used again almost immediately.......if I just want light makeup coverage I use a duo fibre brush for both bronzer & blush.....this cleanser means I don't have to invest in a 2nd brush!!!
I would prefer a spray nozzle like others have said but have repurposed an old toner bottle and survived!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by JuliaCaesaris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I also use the brush cleanser for in between washes as a spot cleaner. I purchased it twice, my first bottle lasted for 8 months and I used it daily. Here's my solution to the packaging problem. Go to Lush and buy their wonderful tea-tree water toner, switch the cap with the brush cleanser cap. Use the tea-tree water on cotton pads like you would a normal toner and the spray nozzle for the brush cleanser. When they're empty, don't forget to switch the caps back again so you can turn the Mac one in for back-2-mac.

Just solved stupid packaging issues with two products at the same time, you're welcome :D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by lena2128

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first cleanser. I picked it up to spot clean brushes between deep washes and I found using it very often. It's quick and easy and cleanses out beautifully! No complains at all. I don't know if ingredients are basic and could be easily duplicated-I'm not a chemist, and not making my own formula even if its as basic as a lot of people suggest. I'm sure it is, and people who are comfortable with making their own cleanser are probably correct, however, for me it's a lot more convenient to buy this tried and liked cleanser. I like the way it cleanses and brushes are dry and clean instanteniosly! I deep wash them when I have more time but this works when I need them cleaned quickly and it washes out the liquid foundation and anything left on a bristles without any problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by mderyaozel

I bought this product yesterday and used it right away, and it's just amazing. It cleans the brushes very easily, and moistures them too. I didn't like the packaging, but i had a spray bottle at home and i poured some in it. It's so much more convenient and the product will last much longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

definitely not a must have. you can use baby shampoo or dawn and get the same results. I've had my bottle 6monts and only used half though. it doesn't take much

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product for cleaning brushes between deep cleans, and conditions them as well. Only problem is the packaging! Half the product goes down the sink! So I have taken off one lippy. I put it in a spray bottle and dilute it with 30-40% water so it lasts longer and doesn't dry out brushes. I also have a couple of flannel towelettes to wipe the brushes on after I've done a couple sprays of the product and repeat a couple times till clean. The brushes dry really quick and I can do someone's make up, knowing the brushes are sterilized.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

Got this from MAC counter due to a 10% off coupon. It came to around $13 for the bottle. I like the packaging of this product, but I had to replace the screw off cap for a spray nozzle. Instead of going out to purchase one, I ended up using the spray cap from my Tresemme Heat Protectant Spray empty. Really, it fits perfectly and even has a lock feature! The straw part of the spray might be a bit long, so just cut it off on an angle with scissors.

Now, as for the cleanser, I came to realize this DOES NOT DEEP CLEAN BRUSHES. It is best used as spot treatment throughout the week, when lazy. I try to deep clean brushes at the end of every week. I read that the best way to use this product is to spray on paper towel and run the brush through multiple times. That ended up wasting product because it was left soaking into the towelette. Instead, I just spray on the brush directly in the bristles themselves. It takes me months to go through this bottle, as it is for SPOT TREATMENT.

It is better than the DS brush cleansers sold by ELF or Sonia Kashuk. It has antibacterial properties, while not damaging the quality of my brushes. However, I will not repurchase in the future. I am better off spot treating with Alcohol in a spray bottle. Basically, that is what is in the MAC cleanser anyway. Deep clean with antibacterial dish washing liquid mixed with olive oil OR basic conditioner. Baby shampoo works as well as Dial antibacterial hand soap. Oil-free eye makeup works as spot treatment as well.

Overall, one of the better brush cleansers on the market. But you can use household items for better results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Aimeerose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this brush cleanser it's great for spot cleaning. I tend to use it every other day to spot clean and deep clean every two weeks. My brushes remain soft after they dry. What I don't like about this is the packaging. I wasted a lot of product at first but then I was about to find a spray nozzle that for perfectly. Also, it's kind of pricey, you waste a lot of product for $15 a bottle. I remember the SA telling me that it will last a long time. I highly doubt that and I don't even have a lot of brushes. I could imagine a professional MUA going thru a bottle in less than a month easily. Unsure if I'll repurchase.