MAC Brush Cleanser

4.4

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), SD Alcohol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Triclosan, Red 33, Blue 1.

on 5/21/2015 9:44:00 PM

Fantastic price for a fantastic product.
Really happy with this cleanser, it makes my brushes so white!
Cleans them perfectly. I did follow the instructions of damping before adding cleaner and rising after, however after reading many reviews and watching tutorials I've notice a lot of people just put it straight onto the dry brush & do not rinse after. I think I'll be doing that from now on as it seems more effective. Smells a little bit odd, couldn't quite put my finger on the smell. Leaves brushes super clean & fluffy.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Not worth $15! You need to much of this product to clean large brushes because it doesn't have a lather; however, it does get the white on my brushes back clean after palm cleaning for the third time in a row. Sephora's brush cleansers are much more effective.

on 4/28/2015 12:58:00 PM

bottom line...love it

love this so much makes my brushes look brand new

on 2/15/2015 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

To clean small and medium brushes, it's very effective. Bristles go back white, are clean and dry faster. For large brushes, this don't do a nice job, inside the brush it's still dirty. Because it doesn't lather, it seems it cannot clean inside the large brush, for example for my MAC 150. I still use a SLS free shampoo to clean my large brushes.

on 1/27/2015 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm not the type of person to use such a high end brush cleaner because i think there are other things that can do the job but let me tell you THIS IS AMAZING! I've heard people say "ohh it doesn't work", "you need to use specific way to clean the brushes" Well that depends. This product does wonders for any type of cleaning, wether you are doing a rough and long needed wash or just taking off excess, it actually depends on what you use it with. If your brushes are 100% dirty you should definitely put a lot of product in a glass and dip your brushes. Slowly wipe them on a cloth or what ever (smt that dust and hair wont stick to it) until everything is out. Just don't leave your brushes standing to dry, lay them down. If you don't need such a big job, put some liquid on a wipe and rotate the brushes on it clock and counter clock wise. It cleans so well, so effective and your brushes really do look new.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I liked this product for awhile but I started having small breakouts and finally contributed it to this cleanser. This isn't a cleanser for a deep clean, this is for a temporary/disinfectant clean. I've noticed that some ppl definitely use this product wrong and it could potentially lead to some breakouts. I only used this product maybe once a week, along w/cleaning my brushes with soap and water and still suffered some breakouts. I honestly wouldn't recommend this particular product, as there are many other better cleaning products on the market. I truly think some ppl are just obsessed with the Mac line..no matter if it's good quality or not.

on 1/16/2015 11:57:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have probably gone through about 5 of these bottles. Back in the day when I was die hard Mac everything. Mac can do no wrong, and everything they touch is golden nuggets. Plus side is they can at least be accumulated towards the Back to Mac program. I think I would probably get about 2 months out of this bad boy, if that.

I find that more of this cleanser went down the drain than onto my brushes. I also really felt like it didn't clean the brushes as much as it could have. I could re-wash a brush with a regular bar of soap and the bristles would come up cleaner looking than using this cleanser. I don't know what that says about the soap I am using or what, but damn... for this price I would assume this brush cleaner would you know... clean my brushes.

From their website: "This one product will clean, disinfect and condition the brush fibers so that brushes will last longer. It is convenient to use and is specifically designed to extend the life of high quality brushes. Brush Cleanser leaves your brushes smelling fresh and clean, and helps shorten their drying time"

I don't know about these claims of faster drying times this was not a feature I noticed. I know this is a liquid product so the packaging is standard to that, however I don't really prefer this size, it was big and took up a considerable amount of space in the cupboard.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I just got this today. I'm absolutely awful at cleaning brushes, so I really enjoy this. I just put some on a paper towel and rub my brushes in it. Works beautifully :) I haven't tried deep cleaning with it but soon I will.

on 11/10/2014 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This product is really good. I have use it a few times on my brushes and it still is alot left. Mutch product and its cheep as well. My brushes gets clean and it feels fresh. I will buy this product again when its finnish. If you are looking for a good brush cleaner this is the one.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools