December 22, 2014 | 1612 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - MAC - Brush Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by dinosaurseatghosts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I just got this today. I'm absolutely awful at cleaning brushes, so I really enjoy this. I just put some on a paper towel and rub my brushes in it. Works beautifully :) I haven't tried deep cleaning with it but soon I will.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Realpinkollie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is really good. I have use it a few times on my brushes and it still is alot left. Mutch product and its cheep as well. My brushes gets clean and it feels fresh. I will buy this product again when its finnish. If you are looking for a good brush cleaner this is the one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by shelly_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great for cleaning brushes quickly. I constantly use my MAC 187 stipple brush for blush and thought the 'white' of the brush would be forever pink...but this cleaned it back to white with a couple of swipes on a clean tissue.

It's also great for when I want to use the same brush for different products consecutively (such as my 217 for painterly as a base color on the lids followed by using it for shroom on my brow bone) as the brush dries instantly following using this brush cleanser.

Long term I probably wouldn't recommend it as your sole brush cleaner as it smells of alcohol and would likely dry out the bristles. But as a quick brush clean I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by CatherineElizabeth90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really liking this so far. Saves deep cleaning so often and I find it quite well priced. As has been mentioned previously, would prefer a spray cap or maybe have an alternative spray lid. But it's not a problem for me seeing as I just tip a little into a mini spray bottle anyway.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great for a quick removal of color. It smells highly of alcohol. I feel like this dries my brushes out. Don't think I'll buy this again, but it does serve its purpose as a temporary brush cleaner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2014 7:41:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good for spot cleaning, but not for deep cleaning. The packaging is also a little inconvenient, MAC should put this in a spray bottle but this you can easily do that yourself. I like it but it's not something that I must have it does take the color out of the brush so you don't have to use separate brushes for everything but for deep cleaning it's better to wash your brushes with a baby shampoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by jennc91

Great product! I only buy this brush cleanser for inbetween shampooing. This is meant to spot clean/disinfect brushes, since people should shampoo their brushes twice a month tops. I use this cleanser every 3 days, since I have acne prone/oily skin. I also love how you can recycle these for "back to mac"! I wish mac would use a spray bottle instead, so it wastes a lot less product.

How I use:
-I sometimes transfer this product to a small spray bottle
- spray the brush (obviously) & swirl the brush head around on a clean white tissue. I repeat until their is no more trace of makeup left in my brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Wattsherface

This was my first brush cleanser so i have nothing to compare it to but it works. Cleans brushes well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by raquelsimoes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I heard very good things about this product and I was not disappointed when I bought it. It does its job as a spot cleaner for in between washes, but you still have to wash them more properly from time to time obviously. Another positive thing about is it lasts for a long time, even using it daily, and its not expensive as quality really pays off. However, the packaging is awful and, if you want the product to last, you have to change it. Overall, I love and recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by MissTaDa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product for spot cleaning & use it most days. It smells nice & my brushes can be used again almost immediately.......if I just want light makeup coverage I use a duo fibre brush for both bronzer & blush.....this cleanser means I don't have to invest in a 2nd brush!!!
I would prefer a spray nozzle like others have said but have repurposed an old toner bottle and survived!