October 25, 2014 | 1760 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - MAC - Brush Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great for a quick removal of color. It smells highly of alcohol. I feel like this dries my brushes out. Don't think I'll buy this again, but it does serve its purpose as a temporary brush cleaner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2014 7:41:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good for spot cleaning, but not for deep cleaning. The packaging is also a little inconvenient, MAC should put this in a spray bottle but this you can easily do that yourself. I like it but it's not something that I must have it does take the color out of the brush so you don't have to use separate brushes for everything but for deep cleaning it's better to wash your brushes with a baby shampoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by jennc91

Great product! I only buy this brush cleanser for inbetween shampooing. This is meant to spot clean/disinfect brushes, since people should shampoo their brushes twice a month tops. I use this cleanser every 3 days, since I have acne prone/oily skin. I also love how you can recycle these for "back to mac"! I wish mac would use a spray bottle instead, so it wastes a lot less product.

How I use:
-I sometimes transfer this product to a small spray bottle
- spray the brush (obviously) & swirl the brush head around on a clean white tissue. I repeat until their is no more trace of makeup left in my brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Wattsherface

This was my first brush cleanser so i have nothing to compare it to but it works. Cleans brushes well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by raquelsimoes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I heard very good things about this product and I was not disappointed when I bought it. It does its job as a spot cleaner for in between washes, but you still have to wash them more properly from time to time obviously. Another positive thing about is it lasts for a long time, even using it daily, and its not expensive as quality really pays off. However, the packaging is awful and, if you want the product to last, you have to change it. Overall, I love and recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by MissTaDa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product for spot cleaning & use it most days. It smells nice & my brushes can be used again almost immediately.......if I just want light makeup coverage I use a duo fibre brush for both bronzer & blush.....this cleanser means I don't have to invest in a 2nd brush!!!
I would prefer a spray nozzle like others have said but have repurposed an old toner bottle and survived!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by JuliaCaesaris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I also use the brush cleanser for in between washes as a spot cleaner. I purchased it twice, my first bottle lasted for 8 months and I used it daily. Here's my solution to the packaging problem. Go to Lush and buy their wonderful tea-tree water toner, switch the cap with the brush cleanser cap. Use the tea-tree water on cotton pads like you would a normal toner and the spray nozzle for the brush cleanser. When they're empty, don't forget to switch the caps back again so you can turn the Mac one in for back-2-mac.

Just solved stupid packaging issues with two products at the same time, you're welcome :D

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by lena2128

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first cleanser. I picked it up to spot clean brushes between deep washes and I found using it very often. It's quick and easy and cleanses out beautifully! No complains at all. I don't know if ingredients are basic and could be easily duplicated-I'm not a chemist, and not making my own formula even if its as basic as a lot of people suggest. I'm sure it is, and people who are comfortable with making their own cleanser are probably correct, however, for me it's a lot more convenient to buy this tried and liked cleanser. I like the way it cleanses and brushes are dry and clean instanteniosly! I deep wash them when I have more time but this works when I need them cleaned quickly and it washes out the liquid foundation and anything left on a bristles without any problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by mderyaozel

I bought this product yesterday and used it right away, and it's just amazing. It cleans the brushes very easily, and moistures them too. I didn't like the packaging, but i had a spray bottle at home and i poured some in it. It's so much more convenient and the product will last much longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

definitely not a must have. you can use baby shampoo or dawn and get the same results. I've had my bottle 6monts and only used half though. it doesn't take much