Cover Girl Make-up Masters Sponge Wedges

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/19/2012 6:47:00 PM

I usually only use sponges to blend in concealer on myself, and these CG wedges are the best ones I've found. Unlike other brands that cost more, these wedges are extremely durable and can be washed and reused repeatedly without a loss in quality. These wedges are also very good at applying liquid foundation because they are so dense and don't inhale product. Of course, we all know that dampening a sponge before applying liquid foundation lessens the product absorption into the sponge, and it holds true with this sponge as well - it makes a world of difference to use these sponges damp. I suppose there could be better sponges out there, but why spend the time and effort looking for them and likely paying more when these are available at any DS or supermarket for under $3? Hate CG but want to use all of those CG coupons on something? Get these sponges. I stock up when I get enough coupons together and when any DS has a BOGO sale on CG. Then I'll end up paying between 1/3 - 1/2 price for them. The only reason I'm taking off one lippie is because the packaging kinda sucks. I tear the cardboard back off and keep the sponges in the plastic part, but it would be nice if they were sold in packages bigger than six because I sometimes help out with theatre makeup and we go through a lot of these. So overall, fantastic buy, will continue to repurchase.

on 4/14/2012 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used these sponges for years, and they are the only sponge I use to apply my Colorstay foundation. I've tried more expensive, more gimmicky sponges, but I always come back to these. They're dense, substantial, hold up well and last for months -- however, I can't say I wash mine regularly -- actually, I don't wash them at all. It's a waste of time to try to get Colorstay out of a makeup sponge, so I just quit trying. I've tried latex-free sponges (too flimsy) and cone-shaped beauty-blender types (too gimmicky), and nothing gives me more control applying my foundation. I can apply light to full coverage, depending on the dampness (or dryness) of my sponge, and the sharp edges make it easy to work around my nose and eyes. As long as these are out there, I'll buy them.

on 8/28/2011 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The only good thing to say is they last awhile without falling apart and they are reasonably priced. These smell horrible and they seem to absorb foundation like crazy. Will not repurchase.

on 8/11/2009 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I actually got these free from Publix when they had them on sale, plus I had a coupon. I wasn't crazy about them. They're not thick sponges, so they apply foundation more sheer. They're pretty easy to clean, which is a plus, but there are better sponges out there than CG that are a lot cheaper.

on 8/9/2007 11:29:00 PM

This is too small to use and my fingers get tired.
I used with water and it gots freckled.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

these are really high quality sponges,i've used mine for quite awhile and they really last.good price too

on 6/3/2005 10:39:00 PM

These are the best makeup sponges I have ever tried! They make my foundation glide over my skin like air, they don't fall apart when you clean them, and the price is right! For $2.99 you can't go wrong. So wonderful!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools