September 1, 2014 | 2090 users online

Lipstick - Bobbi Brown - Lipcolor - Rum Raisin

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by lavelle365

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this to use as a weekend or everyday lipstick. It's a flattering neutral colour on me, not a statement colour. Really nice texture and doesn't bleed. However, to my irritation, the colour fades over two or three hours. I don't mean it wears off. I mean, the colour changes and becomes paler and more insipid on the lips. At this pricepoint, colour instability really annoys me. Boot No. 7 and other chemist brands are more colour true that this. Another substandard product from Bobbi Brown, unfortunately, so I will not be repurchasing this in future.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by juillet4paris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Bought this yesterday, was looking for a natural easy color that I could wear just about any time. This fits the bill, it's the color I wish my lips were . In N0C40, this a brown/mauve color. This may be my HG of 'nudes'

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 10:23:00 AM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Creamy yet mild matte look on my very pigmented lips. This goes on as a nuetral red on me. The matching lip liner is purple on me. Go figure, lol. VERY professional red, great for fall/winter or for those who want a polished red that doesn't look RED. NOT glossy but not uber matte either. It's my lips with a reddish hue. Lovely shade and great with jeans or suits.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by rivera25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favourite BB lipsticks. Having said that, im not really a fan of BB lip products. The colour seems to differ from person to person-on me it's a burgundy shade, quite sheer and very pretty. I don't get much brown from it but maybe it depends on your skintone and natural lip clolour. For ref im NW15, pinky/mauve lips (quite pigmented). I like wearing this colour more in the evenings but it can be worn in the daytime too. Im usually a nude lip person and was surprised by how much i liked this colour-bit expensive but would def buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2009 5:24:00 PM More reviews by sharonkumar

Its a really pretty color.Id say its a plum brown with the brown tones being more dominant.I love it.It shows up against my NC42 skin perfectly.Its really great for a sophisticated look or maybe even for everyday use.It's very wearable and the staying power is pretty good.Thumbs up Bobbi!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite Bobbi Brown lipsticks. This color looks really good against my cool complexion. It's a little more burgundy-brown than plummy-brown on me, but a great, everyday Fall neutral.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2006 5:53:00 AM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color is almost the perfect color for my carmel colored NC43 skintone. The problem is, is it just does not add any pizzaz. It is very neutral against my skin, but doesn't do much to brighten up my face. It's kinda boring -- like what I would wear if I were a librarian. It does help to add a bit of gloss over it though. The texture isn't bad, and staying power is average.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2006 2:47:00 AM More reviews by burlesquebunny

I would not repurchase this because it doesn't work for my complexion. I gave it to my sister and it is absolutely gorgeous on her. Go figure eh?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2005 10:52:00 PM More reviews by shortgirl

rum raisin is described on bb's website as a deep plummy brown. i find it to have a lot more brown than plum. its a pretty color, just not the plummy color i hoped for. my biggest gripe about this lipstick is how unbelievably dry it is. i haven't noticed this with any of the other bb l/s i have, so i wonder if i got a hold of a bad one. i have to wear it with gloss just so i can rub my lips together and that bothers me b/c i bought this for $20 not thinking i'd have to carry it & a gloss around when i want to reapply. its not the usual great l/s i've come to expect from bb, and i won't repurchase this one.