Bobbi Brown Lipcolor - Rum Raisin

4.3

on 6/5/2015 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Usually when it comes to deeper beige, neutral-ish, and/or non-red brown toned lippies, I tend to stay away from high end expensive brands because there are so many available at a much lower price point than the $26 this will run you. But there is just something about this specific shade that I have yet to see mimicked or duped. This is a great everyday shade.

This is a wonderful and extremely flattering shade for NC25's up to prob. NC40 ranges (anything darker it would be a lovely nude but prob not really worth the $$ as a nude shade IMO). It's a toned down raisin with some nude and a smidgen of dark (non orange) rust color thrown into the mix. The formulation is creamy and feels great - staying power is pretty good and it doesn't feather. Its also a sort of hybrid of a matte and say a MAC amplified, which I love. I am not a fan of the packaging which is a little dated IMO but I can get over that.

Caveat: this is the type of brown shade that looks a little different on various undertones so I suggest a "try before buy" if you are like me and have a heckofa time with nude type shades going mauve or too flesh toned draining the color from your face (yall know what I mean!).

This is probably my favorite basic daytime brown nude-ish shade of all time (or so far at least!). It's a revved up "my lips but better" - very flattering.

on 12/3/2012 8:15:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Bought this to use as a weekend or everyday lipstick. It's a flattering neutral colour on me, not a statement colour. Really nice texture and doesn't bleed. However, to my irritation, the colour fades over two or three hours. I don't mean it wears off. I mean, the colour changes and becomes paler and more insipid on the lips. At this pricepoint, colour instability really annoys me. Boot No. 7 and other chemist brands are more colour true that this. Another substandard product from Bobbi Brown, unfortunately, so I will not be repurchasing this in future.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Bought this yesterday, was looking for a natural easy color that I could wear just about any time. This fits the bill, it's the color I wish my lips were . In N0C40, this a brown/mauve color. This may be my HG of 'nudes'

on 11/1/2011 10:23:00 AM

Creamy yet mild matte look on my very pigmented lips. This goes on as a nuetral red on me. The matching lip liner is purple on me. Go figure, lol. VERY professional red, great for fall/winter or for those who want a polished red that doesn't look RED. NOT glossy but not uber matte either. It's my lips with a reddish hue. Lovely shade and great with jeans or suits.

on 3/10/2010 7:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is one of my favourite BB lipsticks. Having said that, im not really a fan of BB lip products. The colour seems to differ from person to person-on me it's a burgundy shade, quite sheer and very pretty. I don't get much brown from it but maybe it depends on your skintone and natural lip clolour. For ref im NW15, pinky/mauve lips (quite pigmented). I like wearing this colour more in the evenings but it can be worn in the daytime too. Im usually a nude lip person and was surprised by how much i liked this colour-bit expensive but would def buy again.

on 7/3/2009 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Its a really pretty color.Id say its a plum brown with the brown tones being more dominant.I love it.It shows up against my NC42 skin perfectly.Its really great for a sophisticated look or maybe even for everyday use.It's very wearable and the staying power is pretty good.Thumbs up Bobbi!

on 10/26/2007 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is one of my favorite Bobbi Brown lipsticks. This color looks really good against my cool complexion. It's a little more burgundy-brown than plummy-brown on me, but a great, everyday Fall neutral.

on 7/4/2006 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This color is almost the perfect color for my carmel colored NC43 skintone. The problem is, is it just does not add any pizzaz. It is very neutral against my skin, but doesn't do much to brighten up my face. It's kinda boring -- like what I would wear if I were a librarian. It does help to add a bit of gloss over it though. The texture isn't bad, and staying power is average.

I would not repurchase this because it doesn't work for my complexion. I gave it to my sister and it is absolutely gorgeous on her. Go figure eh?

on 6/3/2005 10:52:00 PM

rum raisin is described on bb's website as a deep plummy brown. i find it to have a lot more brown than plum. its a pretty color, just not the plummy color i hoped for. my biggest gripe about this lipstick is how unbelievably dry it is. i haven't noticed this with any of the other bb l/s i have, so i wonder if i got a hold of a bad one. i have to wear it with gloss just so i can rub my lips together and that bothers me b/c i bought this for $20 not thinking i'd have to carry it & a gloss around when i want to reapply. its not the usual great l/s i've come to expect from bb, and i won't repurchase this one.

Recommended for Medium Skin