December 18, 2014 | 1792 users online

Treatments (Face) - Aloette - Lumitone HP

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by ontariogirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used this product for about 6 months...I initially saw some improvments in some sun damage ( brown spots ). My skintone has evened out. I just think that for the price of this it is not worth it. When I am done this tube thats it.....will look for something cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by blondie7110

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought and used this product with the Vitamin C booster it came with faithfully. I had not results. I was so disappointed. I thought I might be using it wrong so I contacted Customer Service and that was a horrible mistake. The representative appeared unfamiliar with the product, so much that I called back and talked to another representative and she was the same way also rude. I also purchased the enzyme peel which I read got wonderful reviews from a lot of individuals. The peel never "balled up" again I contacted Customer Service and received rude "assistance" (if you can call it that) and never really found out if I was using it wrong. After reading the reviews here I was using it right. It just didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2007 5:55:00 AM More reviews by myamax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this product daily for a few months now, and quite like it. Admittedly so, it takes almost 2 montths to get results, however I don't want to use a hydroquinone based product (which does work faster). Note that one does need to use it daily (I used it 2x daily until I saw results and then daily/every other day for maintenance) to see results.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2006 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Lk21

Well, I've been using this for 4 weeks now, as a way to get rid of acne marks [or hyperpigmentation, in other words.]. And so far, I can't believe what my eyes are seeing! I've noticed a huge difference, in terms of the marks slowly fading, and a overall tone-down [is that a word?]of the redness in my skin. I've been using it twice everyday, and apply my regular SPF lotion on top of it. This actually makes my skin look better and smoother, and shine-free! I am in love with this product, and will update in a month or so, as to the on-going results. I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone with skin discolorations, or any redness/acne marks they may have. A+!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2006 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Scarlett3030

This is a great product. I have malasma and this has worked better than any prescription that I had been using. I am on my second bottle and will continue to buy. The price is high, but it has done wonders for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2006 11:26:00 PM More reviews by sloppycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product did nothing for me and I used it for 3 months. I would not purchase this or any other product from this line again except for the enzyme peel-it exfoliates really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2006 9:26:00 PM More reviews by lorencita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent product! I started getting acne at 27 yrs old... Im now 29 and I have the scars to prove that it happened. I started using this just once, every other day! It helped dramatically!!!! I saw my skin evening out and my blotchy skin is not so blotchy anymore. I would recommend this to anyone that has any skin problems. BTW, I have sensetive skin, and this didnt bother me at all. AMAZING!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2006 12:36:00 AM More reviews by kathy_in_california

Lumitone HP really does what it says and doesn't break me out. It feels super light weight, goes on smoothly and a little goes a long way. I was using it regularly (once or twice a day)for a few of months then got lazy and stopped and noticed my skin has reverted back and doesn't look as even and bright. I've started using it again but am almost out & was disappointed that I can't get the savings on Aloette now that shopathometv is completely different. Thanks octsky for the info on where to purchase! UPDATE: Being a beauty junky, I'm always looking for my HGs and try too many different products. Had stopped using Lumitone for a while, then started up again - within about 10 days I notice my skin looking better. Have also been using Aloette's Flawless some, as I had a bottle sitting around. Will write a review on it... I've also been using some other serum that my mother gave me (had purchased and never tried) by Leigh Valentine. So maybe it's the combination of that and the Lumitone, I don't know, but right now it seems to be doing pretty well. Still like this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2006 2:42:00 AM More reviews by octsky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm 54 and was always a sun lover. I was skeptical about this lightening the age spots and sun damage on face. I'm so pleased to see that the spots and freckles are really lightening after a couple of weeks of applying lumitone twice a day on clean skin before moisturizer.
Now that the shop at home channel is no longer in business you can get a good deal at www.asseenontvnetwork.com.
They offer 2 bottles of lumitone plus the C-accelerator for $59.00 plus s/h. On the Aloette web site you pay that for one bottle of lumitone.
Update:
After using Lumitone faithfully 2x day for over 3 months, my brown spots have not faded as much as I would like.Initially they faded about 25% so I was optimistic, but no progress after that. This high priced item is being cancelled and I'll go back to a lower priced product with hydroquinone, as other reviewers have noted, that is the most effective ingredient to lighten freckles and facial brown spots related to age, sun and hormones.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2006 4:11:00 PM More reviews by imzgirl

I've used this for 5 days and I may see slight improvemnt. I want to give this product a fair shake so 5 days isn't really long enough to see anything significant. But I have read other reviews where women saw results in as little as 4-5 days. My skin is already good for 47 so maybe that is why I don't see much of a difference. I do have some very light brown spots beginning to appear, and I am not sure if they are lighting or if I am imagining that they are a bit lighter. I have very fair skin and am prone to some veining showing thru but it is not on top of the skin like you sometimes see. The product helps with redness, I'm hoping it will help with developing red lines. I will give an update in 5 days. Oh and now that Shopathometv has gone out of business, we may never get the good deals anymore unless another shopping network picks them up. Anybody know of a good cooling gel to use to keep the skin cool when one has a hot flash?

Update.....I think I'm a little cool on this product. It's okay...I've used others that I'm more impressed with. This is just okay after all.