September 21, 2014 | 2115 users online

Hair Treatments - Paul Mitchell - Super Strong Treatment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

To all the people that are saying this is drying to the hair- that's what protein treatments DO.
Too much protein will make the hair feel hard and brittle, that's why you only use it every 6-8 washes. Use a softer one inbetween.
Brilliant treatment when you are using it properly!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by deepxwater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My hair was in horrible condition before I used this product. While how frizzy it was got on my nerves, what I hated the most was the million flyaways at the top of my head. NOTHING could fix them. I must have spent at least a hundred dollars on useless products trying to get rid of them. Then, one day I bought this on whim. After two uses I noticed a significant decrease in flyaways, and after a month of using this weekly they were completely gone! I also noticed my hair having extra bounce and less frizzyness too. Unfortunatly, the only reason this product didn't get a 5 was because it dried my hair out a lot when I use it alone. I generally mix some of this with my deep conditioner and leave in one for about ten minutes. This way my hair doesn't feel dry.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2010 6:08:00 AM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this as I like PM products and it was only 2 in the sale at a salon.

I know this doesn't work as a conditioner but it didn't really improve my hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I could actually see a difference in my hair when I used this. My curls became more plumper and I didn't get as much frizz when my hair was air-drying. My hair felt soft too which was a plus. I use this sporadically since I like to balance moisture and strengthening products based on how my hair needs. It doesn't have much of a nice smell but it does work if you are not sensitive to protein in your hair products. I apply to my damp hair in the shower then leave on for ten minutes. The steam from the shower helps it to penetrate better. I then rinse and air-dry. Good product if you color your hair. If you want to try it, sally's makes a knock-off.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by hairdessert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This does nothing to the hair. More damage?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by NinaBella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, I'm shocked by the bad reviews, too! Out of the various strengthening treatments I've tried, this is the first one that I could actually truly tell the difference in my hair. My hair is fine, wavy, color-treated, and prone to frizz. Super Strong makes my hair smoother, shinier, and stronger (less breakage and split ends). Like any treatment of this type, it isn't moisturizing, but it is more moisturizing than other strengthening treatments that I've tried. Still, I use a moisturizing conditioner after using Super Strong. It is reasonably priced for a salon quality product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2008 7:00:00 PM More reviews by fiunit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I first used this after I had my hair returned to blonde after a (very short) stint as a brunette. My hair was horribly damaged from the hair dye, chlorine, AND this was during my religious daily hair straightening phase. I used this treatment and was amazed at the results. My hair stopped snapping and was so much healthier, right from the first use! I recommended it to a friend who went from dark dark brown, almost black, to blonde and she found that it worked wonders on her extremely fragile, damaged hair. Subsequent use of this product has had a less amazing result but I don't use it very often, usually a couple of times before I go to get my hair coloured. I also sometimes mix in a bit with a moisturising treatment just to keep my hair that wee bit stronger. I credit this product with fixing my hair. I'm unsure as to why there are so many bad reviews- and how does this tangle your hair?! It's a conditioning treatment.. Although I use this infrequently now, it is still a staple in my bathroom for when my hair is starting to weaken. (Note: I didn't use the Paul Mitchell Super Strong shampoo with this, I was using Kerastase Bain de Force at the time.)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by siouxsee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not sure why this product is getting such bad reviews. Used first by my hairstylist after a coloring procedure. Was impressed at how shiny and bouncy it left my hair and asked what she used. Used it at home after shampooing once a week, leaving it on with a shower cap for 10 minutes. Always leaves my hair shiny, stronger, silky and smooth! Remember to use a regular conditioner after a conditioning treatment, though. I love this product. Only recently realized what great product Paul Mitchell puts out, and this is one of them. I have shoulder length fine hair that is highlighted, colored and prone to frizzies. This leaves my hair feeling thicker and stronger. I love it! Also, can go an extra day without washing as this leaves my hair bouncy, too. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2007 1:06:00 PM More reviews by tdpasley

Did not condition well, but was not the worst thing I've tried. It was just that, average. Between this and the shampoo I've noticed dry scalp on all my clients after using this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2007 10:43:00 PM More reviews by misssphinx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I think Paul Mitchell makes wonderful shampoos, but their conditioners and treatments are not as impressive. Blame it on my thick, wavy hair, perhaps.

Definitely would not buy this treatment again. I'm used to far better results from other products.