October 31, 2014 | 1112 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Lucky Green

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate to rain on Lucky Green's parade but this is a terrible color for pink, cool-toned gals. The texture and finish are typical nice MAC quality but the color was ugh on me. I think if it was more of a true green and less of a yellowish, chartreuse shade it might have had a chance. The color turned more yellow on me, and not a nice golden yellow, but a sea sickly, jaundiced, yellow green. Not flattering on my skin tone, and did nothing for my green eyes either. I paired it with the gorgeous golden purple African Violet eyeshadow from Laura Mercier thinking the green and gold combo would be stellar, but it instead looked like a ghastly two day old shiner bruise. As another reviewer said, just avoid the urge...especially if you have pink undertones!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

Just resist the urge. Yes, veluxe pearls are great and yes we all like a little color now and then but honestly ... how often does on use a BOLD green color on the eyes? I have brown eyes and I thought this would be fun but I have used it maybe one time and there are adequate dupes at the drug store for less than half the cost.

I am not one to dodge a great eyeshadow and love many of the MAC shadows, I just feel as though if you are lemming for this one, there could be many others better worth the money.

Lean from my mistake?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love MAC eyeshadows and this is one of my favourite colours. It looks a lot brighter than it actually looks like when applied on the lid. It's not over the top shimmery but has a lovely sheen and really brings out my brown eyes.

I like to pair it with MAC Naked Lunch and/or Motif with Lucky Green applied in the crease and a bit along the lashline. I finish the look with a deep brown liquid liner and lots of mascara for a fun yet unique look.

I find it lasts for most of the day but like most shadows with this texture, it does crease after a long day. (a good primer helps of course)
Love, love this colour!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by PrincessEmeraldNoo

Amazing! I love this colour and its beautiful pigmentation! It's a Georgeous golden green colour with, luckily, no big chunks of glitter as it is a veluxe pearl finish. Very 'creamy' and goes on nicely. Definitely a good buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

This is a meduim vibrant green with gold shimmer and a veluxe pearl finish.
I like the vibrancy of this colour I can build it up to be a crazy green! Lol. Def good for adding a pop of colour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love green in any shade! Lucky Green is no exception. Lucky Green looks a bit bright in the pan but on my skin (NC40) it makes my eyes look awake. On me, LG is a warm toned shimmery light grass green. I love using LG when I want a change from my usual neutrals but still look appropriate for work/day time. I use LG very conservative by applying to my lid up to the crease area and blending a eggshell high light shade up to the brow bone. I like to finish the look by lining with a brown liner and topping it off with 2 coats of mascara. I find this particular shade is nicely pigmented and blends on the lid with ease.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me begin by saying I'm a total neurals girl, but I also LOVE greens -- like humid and sumputous olive... So after the MUA at the MAC counter suggested this, I bought it hesitantly. It has been sitting in my palette for quite some time and I decided to give it a try. LOVE this green -- well, I would call it a chartreuse. It is pigmented, smooth, and blends well. My favorite way to wear it is lucky green on the lid, humid in the crease, and vanilla to highlight. I took off one lippie because I think this shade lacks a lot of versatility. I like e/s that can go with many different looks and I feel like this is a one-trick-pony. Check out my blog for pics:

http://eyeshadowaa.blogspot.com/ continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by sporty78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow I love this green. It matches so many colors. Not only greens,but golds, browns and taupe colors. I also love red lipstick. So i want to wear that too. (i don't think this colors suits red, and i think the colors are to bright together) But if i didn't than i would be wearing this every day. I love the combo with woodwinked. Give it a try. Best green ever.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Lucky Green is a gorgeous golden lime green color that leans more golden on my skin. It has some shimmer to it and has the same quality as most other mac eye shadows so it blends smoothly on me and lasts a long time. It's also pigmented but I really have to pack it on to make it appear more green than gold. It is an amazing color and worth checking out but I personally wouldn't repurchase because I don't use it much. I have to mix it with another eye shadow most of the time to keep it from washing me out and looking kind of sickly. When I do use it it's typically close to the base of my eye lashes on the top eye lid.

Edit: I have decided to purchase Lucky Green again if I ever run out. I still don't wear it on it's own but I am in love with the color I get when I use it with gorgeous gold mac eye shadow. I use gorgeous gold on my eye lid then apply Lucky Green over top of that and use Stila golightly above it and into the crease. Gives a beautiful glowing greenish gold color. Now I love this eye shadow for that reason alone and have upped my rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 5:56:00 AM More reviews by schwabj

I adore green eyeshadows, and Lucky Green is one of my favorites. It's a yellow-tinged green that resembles a shamrock (hence the name). The finish and texture are superb. My favorite thing about the eyeshadow is just how wearable it is. Even though it's green, it's not too intense and can incorporated into an everyday look.