December 21, 2014 | 1258 users online

Body Scrubs - 100 Percent Pure - Strawberry Butter body scrub

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2007 4:24:00 AM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed. I am a huge fan of 100% Pure's Chocolate Mocha scrub so I was very excited to try this. When I opened it the first thing I noticed was nothing...literally nothing. No fresh Strawberry smell that I wanted to luxuriate in. No sugary confectionery scent...nothing. I called and spoke to the company thinking maybe I got a bad jar but they told me that's how the scrub smells. That it's faint but completely pure. Faint is putting it mildly as it smelled almost nondescript to me and I have a sensitive nose. One of the greatest joys of using a body scrub is the smell you want to luxuriate in as you scrub away your dead skin but that was nonexistent here. It also left my shower so oily that I had to clean and scrub it the next day even though I had just cleaned my bathroom only two days prior. You could slip and break your neck with the amount of oil this leaves behind (kind of gross actually)! The chocolate Mocha scrub leaves a little oil on your skin but nothing like this one which makes your tub or shower super slippery. Then the whole pieces of strawberry that they've included in each jar ends up being nothing more than a pain instead of a bonus as it clogs your drain and does nothing for your skin (certainly does nothing to add to the strawberry smell that's totally missing). A complete miss for me so it's up for swap. I think I will stick to my beloved Chocolate Mocha which is everything this is not.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2007 1:13:00 AM More reviews by jillian424

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have a small confession. I tasted a little bit of this scrub....it smells so good and the ingredients are pretty much all natural...and I'm still here so I guess it wasn't so bad for me. Well, now that you've pretty much lost all faith in my opinion....I love this scrub. It smells like strawberry jam and it's really oily, which I love (though, if oily scrubs aren't your thing, this probably isn't for you). There was a lot of oil left over when the sugar was gone, which could have been a bad thing, but I put it in a spray bottle and made body oil. So it's like two products in one. Not bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2005 2:27:00 AM More reviews by lexy7737

such a great scrub ;p would buy again and again..the most true-to-life delicious strawberry scent you can imagine..soooo yummie ;p i have sensitive skin- not very dry to begin with... perfect amount of exfoliation for me.. very softening on my skin. may not work as well for anyone with dryer skin with thicker patches to exfoliate- more of a mild scrub compared to others. great spa experience.. my HG body scrub- love it ;p

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2005 11:03:00 AM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is part of a new line sold at some BBW locations, made by the same people who created Aqua Dessa. This scrub is great! It's a really gentle scrub that moisturizes without leaving your skin greasy. I took off a lipstick because it didn't exfoliate enough for me. My skin is like iron (i.e. not sensitive at all) with dry patches here and there, so I need a harsher, grainier scrub. For sensitive skin types or for those who don't need extreme exfoliation, this is ideal. The scent is divine - very true strawberry scent, not synthetic or overly sweet. It's too bad that for now the company doesn't make body butter or shower gel in this scent!