August 20, 2014 | 1531 users online

Lotions/ Creams - 100 Percent Pure - Lemon Shea Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2007 1:16:00 PM More reviews by pinklikecandy

This is an extremely effective moisturizer; it is a bit greasy though. I used way too much the first time. It is solid in the jar, but body heat melts it down to an oil that is much easier to smooth over the body. I only use this in the winter after shaving my legs and it keeps them from getting dry and itchy. I would definitely repurchase this. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2007 1:16:00 AM More reviews by tito_barf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received several samples of this "lotion." The texture is truly like melted butter, but I think real butter would moisturize about 30x more than this! It goes on greasy (tho spreads well), and sits on top of my skin. For example, my elbows are only moderately dry, but I can feel (and hear) the rough, scaly skin. When I use an everyday lotion, they feel smooth & I can't hear a rasping. I rubbed on the 100% Pure Body Butter, and all it did was make my elbows smell nice. I could actually still feel the rough, scaly skin! Plus it rubbed off almost instantly when fabric touched it.
This is definitely a try-before-you-buy product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2006 9:38:00 AM More reviews by loupdeloo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Mouthwatering natural lemon fragrance! I use this even on my face and the ends of my hair. Natural shea butter is so versatile, and this is a smooth, easy-to-use formulation. It's a bit over-priced for the small-ish jar, but otherwise, I'm very happy with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2005 9:59:00 AM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a new line being sold at some Bath and Body Works, it's by the creators of Aqua Dessa. This Lemon body butter is very moisturizing and smells terrific, a nice clean lemon scent similar to C.O. Bigelow's Lemon body cream. Unfortunately the scent doesn't last long. And while it moisturizes amazingly well, it's just the tiniest bit greasy, you really have to rub it in and let it absorb. Nevertheless I'd buy it again since it made even the driest areas (elbows and feet) really soft, and I haven't found any body butter that has done that!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No