August 30, 2014 | 1146 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Super Strong daily shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by kittycatyeah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Very good shampoo - It really strengthens the hair. I used it and not one hair came out! I recommended it to my mother, who had been experiencing hair fall and after trying many shampoos, this was the one that stopped her hair from falling. Strongly recommend :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by JulieTaboulli

I have fine, highlighted hair where the roots get oily and the ends get dry.

This was my first true experience with salon shampoo - I bought after my hair was breaking from split ends. My hair felt fuller immediately, and styled so much better. I did notice my hair seemed healthier (used with PM's moisture conditioner -- a really good combo).

Since then, I have tried other salon brands (Nexxus, Aveda, Bedhead, Ion) and this is still my tried and true. Feels great in the shower, makes my hair soft. This is definitely suitable for daily use, but still gets a great clean (I can attest to this - tried Chromalife shampoo and it left nasty buildup in my hair -- one wash with this stuff was enough to clean it and make it shine again).

Will always try new products, but I know I will always keep this in my arsenal for use. Great shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by andreamjones

I don't write reviews too often but after using this shampoo for about a week I felt like I had to share my results. It's too early for me to tell if my hair is getting stronger, but I will say that my hair has been dramatically different after just two uses. I used to use cheap shampoo from walmart, and this is the first time in a long time that I bough salon shampoo. I have curly, frizzy, dry and mostly unmanageable hair. This shampoo has reduced the frizzyness of my hair greatly. I wash and condition with the PM superstrong line and use the super strong liquid treatment when I get out of the shower. I let my hair air dry about half way then I blow it out with a round brush. I used to have to spend so much time blowing it out with the round brush only to have it come out fizzy and have to go back and straighten it all the way through. Now that is not necessary at all. I blow it out and it is super smooth. I just use my flat iron on my bangs and a few pieces around the front and I'm good to go! I love this line so much and will definitively continue to buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by pandabearxoxo

I have been using this shampoo on and off for the last 4 years. Its the only shampoo that i have tried and trust me i have tried a lot that gives me results that i like. It lathers really well, doesn't leave residue, it adds volume, my hair literally feels stronger when I use this shampoo. I have long thin curly hair and when ever i use this shampoo my hair feels fuller and thicker and my curls come out looking more defined. The ONLY bad thing about this shampoo is that it can be a little drying but if you use it in conjunction with a moisturizing conditioner it wont dry your hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by tracy1031

I am surprised at the reviews stating this made their hair tangly. It was definitely the opposite for me, it made my hair very smooth and silky. Too much so that it weighed my hair down quite a bit. My hair is shoulder length and layered so I like it to be soft and "fluffy" rather than sleek. However, my hair is fine/medium and very healthy so I probably didn't need this much moisture. Plus, it has silicones and my hair does much better with shampoos that don't. It smells amazing though. I think if your hair was color treated and needed some love, this shampoo and conditioner would work just fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 8:14:00 AM More reviews by cocofern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on a whim recently at Ulta. My blowdryer died so I went to get a new one and was also running out of shampoo so I decided to try something new. My hair is overprocessed and was starting to look severely damaged and was breaking off (the breaking off was due to the old blowdryer). I saw this and picked it up because it wasn't overly expensive ($10) and I have never tried a Paul Mitchell shampoo.
So glad I did because I was pleasantly surprised. It smells really good and is clear. A small amount goes a long way and I am typically one of those people who likes to use nearly a handful of shampoo because my hair is really thick. I only used about quarter size amount and it lathered really well, left my hair feeling light and voluminous and smelled so good!
It's been 2 days since I washed my hair and my hair still looks and feels clean and soft. Usually in such high heat and humidity (it's been nearly 100 degrees in the past few days) my hair dries up and kinks really badly. My hair is still straight and looks clean and much healthier. I feel like this product is going to save me from having to use the flatiron as much - so less damage!

Great product so far. I will definitely repurchase as long as nothing changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by wildrose83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this! My hair is on the dry side, and very damaged so it generally hates most shampoos. Not this one!

This has made my hair super soft, and it does what it says on the bottle - my hair is actually stronger!

I had results in just a few washes, which just blew me away. I'm also using the matching conditioner, which is fantastic also.

The only thing I don't like is that my bottle isn't a pump. The conditioner is, but not the shampoo. Still the best poo and dish I've ever used. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Summer80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first time I have used a Paul Mitchell Shampoo and have been using for the last week with great results! I only need a small amount and this gives me a clean, fresh feel after shampooing and my hair feels like this all day. My hair type is coloured and normally oily at the roots and dry at the ends but after using this shampoo my colour isn't fading and my hair isn't oily at the end of the day and overall feels silky and has the shine to it. I'm going to purchase the conditioner next week as the big size bottles are currently half price at the salon where I go!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by hannah1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Favourite shampoo I've found - I think i'm on my 5th or 6th bottle. Leaves my long highlighted hair clean and soft without weighing it down. I use it with the matching conditioner and occassionally use a hair mask, which I would recommend to keep hair moisturised. I havent found a good moisturising shampoo that doesnt also weigh the hair down so rely on masks for moisure. This shampoo does everything else I need and leaves my hear clean, not weighed down and shiny.

EDIT: I've just knocked a lippie off as I think I've overdosed on this shampoo by using it for such a long time. My hair became fairly dry and rough. Moral of the story - its a good idea to alternate your shampoo and not use the same one all the time as it loses its benefits

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by LuvLaura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like both the shampoo and conditioner, I got a deal at my local cosmoprof 1L shampoo 500ml conditioner $15 . . .steal!

I agree that it isnt very moisturizing, however this is my 2nd round with this shampoo and conditioner and my hair does feel stronger.

I have just below shoulder legnth hair, very fine in texture, pretty thin in appearence, fragile, wavy, sometimes slightly frizzy virgin hair.

Ive been doing everything i can to try strenghen my hair after abusing it with clip in extensions and flat ironing.

I feel like finally my hair is growing fuller and longer than its been in the past 4 years.

I may switch up and rotate with a moisturizing shampoo, maybe Joico (although i vaguely remember my scalp and neck reacting to this), but untill i find a nice moisturizing S&C to rotate with il stick with my PM S&C and a pre-wash olive oil treatment on the ends!
=)