Komenuka Bijin Cleansing Grains

4.2

on 12/11/2013 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got some samples of Komenuka Bijin when i lived in NYC. This brand is harder to find - but not impossible. That said, it is also on the higher priced side. The cleansing grains are, indeed, grainy and a bit of a mechanical exfoliant. Not bad - but not a holy grail for me.

on 6/6/2009 5:27:00 PM

Amazing cleanser! It cleans combo/oily skin well without stripping your skin. Each little package could last at least two washes. My skin feels healthier after a week of using this cleanser. No matter what new cleanser I have on my sink, this is something that I always go back to.

You gotta try it for yourself!

on 1/26/2009 5:09:00 PM

This cleanser is nothing extraordinary and yet I still like it for travel. The packaging is a little annoying, I always seem to get it wet and it's made of paper. It tempts me to use a whole package all at once even though you get about 3 uses per pack. The foaming action is pretty good although this doesn't remove my makeup very well.... However, as I can't justify spending $30 for something so average, I wouldn't repurchase. It's still nice to have around and I enjoy using it.

on 10/23/2008 2:31:00 AM

As a licensed esthetician, I can give my professional opinion that I love this product. I am a huge fan of cleansing grains formulas. They are gentle for daily use.(I also reccommend are Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant- more of an exfoliant) I have been suffering from adult acne. I get cystic acne. However, using this product has significally reduced my breakouts. It is more of a cleanser...it starts as a grainy powder and instantly turns into a foamy creamy texture. It does help exfoliant due to the ingredients. I highly reccommend this product and also Komenuka Bijin's Body Wash, Face Cream, and Shampoo/Conditioner.... The products that I have tried from this line so far have been gentle and effective! The packaging is not super convenient for daily use, but for sanitary purposes and traveling it is great! But if a product works...it works.... right? ;) Try it out... hope everyone else enjoys this line as well. Take Care...

Love this... and I'm one of the few who like the packaging too.

What's been most helpful for me is to use this on a barely damp face so that you get a paste effect, and then work that in around your t-zone. Can then either kind of roll-off there (probably best for removing t-zone impurities) and then rinse w/water... or just rinse w/water.

I turn to this stuff whenever my face is going through a phase where it appreciates particularly gentle cleansers.

This is not a makeup-remover.

on 11/19/2005 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This isn't a bad product - it's just not a great product... and for the price one should get a great product. It smells pretty badly and doesn't foam all that well. In terms of cleaning, it's not bad but it's not great. DHC Cleansing Powder is nicer and cheaper. Plus the lil packets aren't practical IMO.

on 9/7/2005 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

those are quite nice to use but they really dried out my skin. Wouldn't buy again

on 7/4/2005 1:52:00 PM

Interesting product...but one I probably wouldn't buy again. These dry grains melt into a foam cleanser without any overt exfoliating power as far as I can tell. I love the rice bran, and I suppose whatever amount of rice enzyme present in the formulation is exfoliating, but I find it a lot like my DHC cleansing powder which is much cheaper. I appreciate the simplicity and purity of this wash, and it's completely non-stripping, but it didn't wow me as it has others. Cool to give a try and see how you like it...I suggest the small trial package with oodles of KB products for about $5.

on 5/30/2005 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Well, this cleans my face. That's all I can say. I like the feeling of the powder and how it starts to lather up but, like others say, the packets makes dispencing hard to gauge and it's rather wasteful. It would be nice for those who travel, otherwise it's too average to spend so much money on, IMO.

on 3/30/2005 2:16:00 AM

I wouldn't purchase again, as others have posted too tough to gauge how much you have poured out etc. I did however just purchase the Cleansing Foam so am excited to try it. I do like the container the packet are stored in though.... :)