July 30, 2014 | 1734 users online

Toners - Shiseido - The Skincare Hydro-balancing softener lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by supapo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I had always been skeptical of toners because of a bad experience with it before. But after giving this a chance becuase it is alcohol-free, I do love the effects. I had made my skin feel softer to the touch. I would use this during the summer as it is lighter compared to the hydro-nourishing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by heidirees

This softener boasts no color, a very light pleasant smell, and a wonderful, refreshing, moisturizing effect.

My sensitive skin reacts badly to toners of all shapes and sizes, but this softener is gentle and hydrating, and I happily use it in place of a more traditional toner. It gently cleanses and hydrates, and provides a great base for me to build on with moisturizers, makeup, etc. It's my HG "toner" at this point, and I will happily buy it again.

That leads me to my only problem with this product: it's strangely hard-to-find. My local Sephora doesn't carry it, online Sephora seems to always be out-of-stock, my local Macy's doesn't carry it... it always seems to be a hunt to find a replacement. But beyond that, I love this softener.

This product has led me down the Shiseido path. I now also use their eye cream and foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by AllyDean

Honestly, I'm not too sure what this product does and it probably doesn't really add much to improve my skin. Although I was told by the salesperson that it helps absorption of the moisturizer...

Why I love it then? It reduces the amount of moisturizer which i need to cover my face. This product makes a HUGE difference and essentially you could be using only half as much each time which means your moisturizer lasts double the time. Excellent if you use an expensive face cream or like me, have oily T-Zone and normal-dry cheeks.

I use this product sparingly, around half a pump on my face and neck and it probably lasts the year used in this way, so it's worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by threecats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried all three Shiseido softeners--this one, the Beniefiance softener and the White Lucent and wound up buying the White Lucent. Here's the difference between the three. The Skincare softener is so sheer and water like, it is barely there. It did not make a difference in the texture or feel of my skin. The Beniefiance one is better as it is thicker and the White Lucent softener is even thicker, almost with a stickiness. None break me out. This Skincare softener is just so lightweight, it was like wearing nothing compared to the other two and my night cream did not absorb all that well with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by coursey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far, I'm satisfied with this product. This is good to add to my moisturizing routine in the morning during the winter months. I like that it's alcohol free. fragrance is light. I use this along with the Pureness mattifying moisture and it's feels like a perfect balance for my combination/ acne prone skin. I think for the summer months I may have to switch to the Pureness softener for better oil control.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by greenapple2013

This is the most important product in my skincare routine! I have super sensitive and dry skin. I love, love this toner! It makes my skin super soft and helps to soak in my moisturizer. It's my holy grail item.

Please watch my skincare routine!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by ChineseCricket88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do like putting this on right after I wash my face. I put a full pump in my palm, rub together with my other hand, and pat it on. It seems to keep my skin from drying out. Definitely does not contribute to breakouts, always a plus. Bit expensive, but that's Shiseido for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Twinkz2Winkz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the best toners hands down I've tried. Comparing this to Clinique's clarifying lotion 2, Vichy's normderm and pure thermale (for dry skin) toner , Biore, Clean and Clear, Clarins toning lotion, and Amway's artistry essentials and Biotherm's toners) . I have acne-prone sensitive skin and this works very well for me. It's ever so slightly moisturizing and exfoliating. It never dries out my skin (even during the worst of Canadian winters). One pump onto a cotton pad is enough, anything more would be excessive. This makes my skin bright and soft, and sometimes (on humid days) I can wear this with serum and sunscreen, sans moisturizer. And best of all It's never made me break out. In fact, it's helped with the break outs. I've used this many times over with cleansers and moisturizers from other brands and this has worked well with all of these. But it works best with the Shisheido's the skincare foaming cleanser.
I've tried many other toners but keep returning to this one. So I would repurchase it. That is until I find something cheaper. The hefty $45 CND price tag is what stops it from getting 5 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This softener is very hydrating, and doesnt leave a greasy film on my skin. I can use it after cleansing and not need to moisturise with anything else afterwards. I like that it is alcohol free, and it hasnt upset my very sensitive skin. The only thing is that I havent really seen any benefits to using this other than as a light moisturiser, for which I could get the same benefit from using a serum with more beneficial ingredients. However it is a nice luxurious extra and is something I will most likely continue using in the winter when my skin will need the added hydration against the cold English weather!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by kimmiehearts

This is good stuff. Very hydrating and refreshing, and really helps your moisturizer sink in deeply. Shiseido seems to be THE experts on softeners. Don't go into this thinking it is cleansing, softeners are actually part of the moisturizing process. Use with the Shiseido Facial Cotton and you are good to go. I recommend this for normal to dry skin. If you are on the oily side, get the Pureness softener, and also save yourself around 12 dollars.