L'Occitane Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

4.4

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tipa-Laureth Sulfate, Laureth-4, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum/Fragrance, Cocamide Mea, Propylene Glycol Butyl Ether, Sorbitan Oleate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Aqua/Water, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool

I received this as a gift and I love it. I am a fan of oils (in and out of the shower) and of almonds, so this was right up my alley. I love the light hydration it provides in the shower. It is the perfect amount to be able to skip lotion after the shower (except in winter, though I live in a very cold and dry environment). It smells so nice, and lightly enough not to interfere with your fragrance (if you wear). It does not leave a residue. A little goes a long way, and it does emulsify nicely. I wish the flip-top on the small bottle was easier to open and close, however. I feel like I often have to use my teeth on it which I find really ridiculous. All in all, a lovely shower treat. I highly recommend! 👌🏻💜

I hate to be the dissenting voice, but I think it smells like gasoline. The texture Is nice for shaving, but I find the smell toxic. Not worth the money!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Someone suggested this to me for shaving for my legs and I will never go back to shaving cream again. I get the closest shave with this oil and my skin is so soft afterwards.

A little goes a very long way with this product. The L'occitane Almond Shower Oil has a rather thick, viscous consistency and I find thinning the product out with some water (emulsifying, the way you do with cleansing oil) makes the product go a lot further.

First, pump / squirt out a 50p amount, I normally dab some of the oil on my arms and upper body before wetting my hands and gently massaging the shower oil into the skin. I do the same with the lower half of my body same amount and technique.

I then leave the product on for a little while... I normally condition my hair after, so that takes about a minute or so, before rinsing.

This way, I know I'm not using too much product and having given it time to sink into the skin, my skin feels soft and I don't normally moisturise after.

A similar drugstore option would be the Nivea in-shower skin conditioner, but despite L'occitane's higher price tag, I prefer the latter as it's a shower gel and skin conditioner in one for those with normal skin.

If you have dry skin, I recommend using an extra lotion / the Nivea in-shower skin conditioner after as the L'occitane Almond Shower Oil would not be moisturising enough for you.

How amazing is the Amande line, I cannot begin to describe. Do yourself a favor and get this, even the sample. You will love! If they made this into a perfume I would be the happiest person in the world! Shaving with this is a must, I've ditched all shaving creams. It leaves your skin the smoothest and provides the closest shave possible. You will never get a cut and you will never get that sting-y feeling after shaving. Cannot live without this! Also the Amande scrub is equally amazing and provides a gentle exfoliation while fully lathering. The refill price is great at $38, can't beat that, lasts over 6 months!

Not impressed. Dried my skin out!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I rated this a 3 because I do not like it as a shower gel. It doesn't make me feel clean and honestly doesn't feel too moisturizing which was the reason I purchased this. I needed something moisturizing during the winter months. However, I love it for shaving my legs! Leaves it soft and smooth because it seems like it helps the razor give a closer shave. I will repurchase during the summer months and move on to a cheaper alternative during winter.

Overall I like this a lot, it has a wonderful (yet very strong) almondy smell and feels nice and soft on the skin, and the feeling stays even after showering. However, for shaving it doesn't work for me. It is so thick in texture my shaver gets "stuck" with it. But as a shower gel I like it a lot, especially when I feel like pampering myself and having that little spa like experience after a long day.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't get the hype either. I bought it online sight-unsniffed based on reviews everywhere and was utterly underwhelmed and disappointed... in the fragrance. I love almond and find the fragrance of this shower oil off-putting and nowhere in the vicinity of sweet almond oil. Furthermore, the fragrance is just as cloying as the fragrance used in Dove shower creams et al. Didn't do anything different for my skin than anything I am currently using. The packaging is not worth the small fortune I paid for what has now been relegated to my young daughters' bathroom as hand soap.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I'm sorry, but I just did not see the hype with this product. I remember reading reviews about how amazing it was to shave with this oil. Big disappointment. Would not recommend this to use as a lather for shaving. I'm still trying to decipher what the hype is about.