November 28, 2014 | 889 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really luxurious shower gel. It is moisturizing, soothing and makes my skin feel soft once I'm done with my shower. It does have a very distinct almond scent, so I would not recommend if that is not something g you enjoy. Personally, it is a little much for me which is the only reason I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by BeaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

L'occitane is all about the fragrances, the decoration and the marketing. I tried and used several of their products and found that most of them don't do anything or are even harmful. This is one of the few exceptions. It's great at moisturizing, lathers well, and is good for shaving. I bought the large 500 ml size with the pump and after that the refills, which makes it a lot cheaper.
The almond scent is really powerful, so I don't use a perfume, when I shower with this and follow-up with the oil. It's OK with scents like Hypnotic Poison or the brown Omnia, but clashes with a lot of perfumes, I'm sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. Smells wonderful, sweet almond without being sugary. Makes a good slick lather and moisturizes well. I used t to shave my legs and didn't care for it, but using it right after shaving leaves the softest skin.
I shelled out for the large size to get the pump packaging and it's totally worth it. I can't say enough good things about this body wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:04:00 AM More reviews by theseagrows

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i absolutely love this stuff. super moisturizing and soft but a little goes a long way. also has a gorgeous scent. i bought the large size and i rarely do that with body washes, but i love this scent and l'occitane products. i really hope they never discontinue this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Safin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Shower oils are great to prevent the skin to dry out too much in the shower. I tried a lot of shower oils and there are a few good ones on the market right now (I like Decubal the most).
This one is scented very strong and herbal, I liked it a lot in the beginning, but after a while it became too heavy. I notice also that when my skin is very sensitive this shower oil is irritating my skin, because of the perfume and other fragrance ingredients.
So although this is a nice one, I will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by miamiamaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love this!
The smell is great, it leaves my skin soft and it worked great for shaving my legs. I usually use a shaving cream, but as I had read from reviews that it had worked for some people, I tried it out and I was left with smooth legs.

As I don't have dry skin, I didn't even moisturise after it but I'm guessing that dry-skinned people need a moisturiser after using the shower oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by mrsuhmazing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

As someone who suffers from dry skin, even during the summer this stuff is a miracle! The smell is fantastic and I no longer have to slather lotion on out of the shower which was a huge pain. A little tiny bit of this goes a long way. I need only a pea sized amount on a loofah and I'm good to go. I've had it about a month and use it every other day and I still have over half a bottle so even though it's pricey it's lasted a long time and to be honest I'd pay twice as much for this because it's that great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by MarijaUKG

I'm so IN LOVE with this oil. It smells divine and leaves skin feeling soft !!! Its a must have for summer!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by msjohns888

Yum. Need I say more..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in a huge Amande Gift box for Xmas from my fiancee.
I absolutely love this, the bottle is beautiful and practical, the shower oil has just the right consistency and smells amazingly. It leaves my skin soft, i also use it for shaving my legs and after using it i dont need any cream afterwards, because my skin is well moistured.
I also find that a small amount goes a long way, but still this product is super expensive. But as long as i receive it for my birthday etc., i will keep on using and loving it.