L'Occitane Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

4.4

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tipa-Laureth Sulfate, Laureth-4, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum/Fragrance, Cocamide Mea, Propylene Glycol Butyl Ether, Sorbitan Oleate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Aqua/Water, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't get the hype either. I bought it online sight-unsniffed based on reviews everywhere and was utterly underwhelmed and disappointed... in the fragrance. I love almond and find the fragrance of this shower oil off-putting and nowhere in the vicinity of sweet almond oil. Furthermore, the fragrance is just as cloying as the fragrance used in Dove shower creams et al. Didn't do anything different for my skin than anything I am currently using. The packaging is not worth the small fortune I paid for what has now be relegated to my young daughters' bathroom as hand soap.

on 12/17/2014 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I'm sorry, but I just did not see the hype with this product. I remember reading reviews about how amazing it was to shave with this oil. Big disappointment. Would not recommend this to use as a lather for shaving. I'm still trying to decipher what the hype is about.

on 6/13/2014 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a really luxurious shower gel. It is moisturizing, soothing and makes my skin feel soft once I'm done with my shower. It does have a very distinct almond scent, so I would not recommend if that is not something g you enjoy. Personally, it is a little much for me which is the only reason I will not repurchase.

on 5/16/2014 5:15:00 PM

L'occitane is all about the fragrances, the decoration and the marketing. I tried and used several of their products and found that most of them don't do anything or are even harmful. This is one of the few exceptions. It's great at moisturizing, lathers well, and is good for shaving. I bought the large 500 ml size with the pump and after that the refills, which makes it a lot cheaper.
The almond scent is really powerful, so I don't use a perfume, when I shower with this and follow-up with the oil. It's OK with scents like Hypnotic Poison or the brown Omnia, but clashes with a lot of perfumes, I'm sure.

on 4/7/2014 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff. Smells wonderful, sweet almond without being sugary. Makes a good slick lather and moisturizes well. I used t to shave my legs and didn't care for it, but using it right after shaving leaves the softest skin.
I shelled out for the large size to get the pump packaging and it's totally worth it. I can't say enough good things about this body wash.

on 4/6/2014 6:04:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i absolutely love this stuff. super moisturizing and soft but a little goes a long way. also has a gorgeous scent. i bought the large size and i rarely do that with body washes, but i love this scent and l'occitane products. i really hope they never discontinue this one.

on 3/20/2014 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Shower oils are great to prevent the skin to dry out too much in the shower. I tried a lot of shower oils and there are a few good ones on the market right now (I like Decubal the most).
This one is scented very strong and herbal, I liked it a lot in the beginning, but after a while it became too heavy. I notice also that when my skin is very sensitive this shower oil is irritating my skin, because of the perfume and other fragrance ingredients.
So although this is a nice one, I will not buy again.

on 3/20/2014 4:29:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love this!
The smell is great, it leaves my skin soft and it worked great for shaving my legs. I usually use a shaving cream, but as I had read from reviews that it had worked for some people, I tried it out and I was left with smooth legs.

As I don't have dry skin, I didn't even moisturise after it but I'm guessing that dry-skinned people need a moisturiser after using the shower oil.

on 8/26/2013 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

As someone who suffers from dry skin, even during the summer this stuff is a miracle! The smell is fantastic and I no longer have to slather lotion on out of the shower which was a huge pain. A little tiny bit of this goes a long way. I need only a pea sized amount on a loofah and I'm good to go. I've had it about a month and use it every other day and I still have over half a bottle so even though it's pricey it's lasted a long time and to be honest I'd pay twice as much for this because it's that great.

on 6/21/2013 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm so IN LOVE with this oil. It smells divine and leaves skin feeling soft !!! Its a must have for summer!

Popular Gels/Soaps