Avon Summer White

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/23/2011 3:41:00 PM

Summer White by Avon is basically a citrus/clean scent.
I normally like those types but this one just does not cut it.
I think it would be good for someone who likes lighter fragrances. It did have a little bit of a typical Avon generic scent. I would not buy it again but it is not offensive, just not me. The frosted bottle is tall and thin, so it could fall easy.

on 5/5/2009 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I got this as a gift a few years back. I used it for a couple of years till it was gone! One of the few Avon scents I liked! very clean and light.

on 10/20/2008 6:07:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Nice and very fresh but too lemony and too synthetic... Average staying power. Somehow boring after a while.

on 5/27/2008 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Too strong for a summer fragrance. I thought it would be lighter.

on 2/5/2008 11:03:00 PM

I like the frosted glass bottle. Looks nice on the dresser. I don't LOVE the scent. It is sharp and medicine like. Not bad, but definately not sweet or pleasant. I'd wear it to a funeral maybe! LOL

on 11/4/2007 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I, too, purchased this based on all of the wonderful reviews and comments about how fresh and clean this fragrance smelled. To my nose, it smells of alcohol. It is not unpleasant, but, I don't care for it. And to think that I purchased 2 of them. I will never do that again.

on 9/7/2007 11:03:00 PM

I bought this because of the good reviews. Hated it. Instant headache. Not a natural scent at all, very synthetic. Avon is hit or miss. This is a miss, and hopefully you won't come near me wearing this abomination. Thank You.

on 8/26/2007 9:16:00 AM

I've been wanting to try this forever and ended up getting it in a swap. Avon's perfumes generally don't work very well with my chemistry but the combo of the fragrance notes sounded really appealing. I've been pleasantly surprised by this scent. It is definitely a summer scent, it would be far to light in the winter or fall. I can see why some are reminded of laundry detergent, it has that clean, crisp scent when you first put it on. But the drydown is a nice clean floral on me that I love. The best part of this was that it lasted forever. The first day I put it on around 2 pm. Right before bed I could still smell it on my inner elbow and wrist. The next morning I could still faintly smell it on my elbow. Usually Avon's perfumes last a max of 2 hours or less. This one definitely works with my chemistry. I'll buy it again if they don't discontinue it down the road. If so, there's always Ebay.

I ordered this on sale for 6.99 b/c of recommendations from a couple of friends. When I sprayed it on this morning, I didn't think I was going to like it. Immediately, it smelled like soap or detergent. But I didn't have time to shower or change, etc. I'm glad b/c it smells so much better now that it has tried down. It's been about four hours and I am really liking the scent now. Great for spring/ summer and since I'm a nurse, I can wear it to the hospital and it isn't bothersome to my patients. I will rebuy.

on 2/23/2007 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I recently ordered 2 of these from an AVON outlet book for $6.99 ea. I bought them without knowing how it smelled, but I trusted a friend when she once told me how nice and clean the scent is. I'm glad she was right on with this. It is simply a light, fresh, scent that I wouldnt've imagined. I sprayed a little on my wrist this morning and it is still there. This has already become one of my (cheap)little pleasures.

Popular Fragrances