Sonia Kashuk Sweet Nothings Eye Shadow Pallette

3.8

on 7/22/2015 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

At first I was not impressed, but for some reason kept reaching for this day after day, maybe due to a lack of light neutral mattes in my stash. It needs a primer, but it gives a nice subtle definition to my eyes for days when I don't really want to look like I have makeup on. The shades are nice, and they blend well, and stay on fairly well, but no angels singing when this went on my lids. Overall a decent product, but I think it is overpriced, and the packaging should be a lot nicer for the inflated price. Paid almost $15 for this, and Target almost never puts SK stuff on sale. I think one could find similar colors cheaper elsewhere.

on 10/14/2013 4:13:00 PM

The colors are very natural. I like that it comes with a primer-wax base shadow. It helps keep all the other shadow colors in place. Price is decent for the quality and number of shadows!

on 6/8/2013 8:53:00 AM

Sweet NOTHING is right. They are poorly saturated, and not very buildable. Avon offers better quality than this palette. What a shame, they are such pretty looking mattes in the pan. Wish I checked the reviews first and glad I have been keeping my receipts.

on 2/3/2013 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

i have the 'perfectly neutral - 10' shade.
it is incredible!!!!!! the base is amazingly smooth, and the colors blend together very well!! i appl a base, lid, inner corner, and crease. there is also a matte finish so its great for my oily lids.

on 12/16/2012 2:13:00 AM

This eye palette is true to its name - sweet NOTHING. This is actually what I wanted, I do not regret buying it... But ... it's not buildable, very sheer,truly - almost nothing. I didn't expect it to be sheer to this extend. However I like all the colors. One - nude without shimmer, second - close to ivory or light bege with a tiny amount of shimmer, which is not noticeable on eyes. The third one is white with shimmer. The other three colors are almost the same. The last three colors are also shimmery. The shimmery colors are suitable for everyday too. The palette contains the eyeshadow base, which I like very much and sometimes use as concealer for under eye area.
I didn't notice any creasing so far and they seem lasting.
To my surprise the package has a build in very narrow mirrow on the top and it comes with an applicator, unlike Hidden agenda which has neither brush no mirrow.

Overall I like this palette, but I wouldn't recommend it to anybody who needs buildable eyeshadows.

on 11/1/2012 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Well Sk aptly named this palette and I should have paid attention. The eye shadows are named sweet nothings because when you apply them they look like nothing on your lid---NOTHING!!! One of the colors that looks like it should be a nice shimmery peach I loaded a brush for 7 minutes and applied and applied and poof nothing! So if you would like some magically disappearing eye shadows for around 15 dollars then this is your palette!

(I wish my freaking Target took returns.I know there are people on here opposed to returns but it is my hard-earned money. Grimace.)

on 3/29/2011 1:52:00 PM

I saw this at Target and thought the colors were beautiful, but when I brought it home, all the colors look the same when I swatched them! They all seem to be a light, shimmer color. I am going to try to return it...bummer!

on 11/9/2010 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

All the colors are shimmer, nothing too pigmented. They seem like really nice colors in the package but too sheer for my liking. Comes with a primer, but i would suggest using another primer to get the most out of the colors. Colors stay crease free, and last all day, wouldnt repurchase for $13....

on 3/1/2010 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I really like a few of the colors in this palette and I've been favorably impressed with some of Sonia Kashuk's other neutral colors so I purchased this palette despite the slightly ridiculous price tag- this palette has some pretty colors but I don't know if it's worth $13. None of the shadows are super pigmented, although they do seem to be quite buildable. The colors are super shimmery and as other reviews have said can almost appear to be the same color unless you build them up. The primer/base is nothing special at all and is way too yellowy and almost chalky for me to actually use- I wish they would have included more shadows or just made the palette smaller so I wouldn't have had to pay as much! This is definitely a good palette for pale people like myself and people who are looking to experiment with shimmery neutrals. I probably wouldn't repurchase just because I think there are other palettes or shadows out there that are more pigmented and easier to use.

on 2/26/2010 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

RIS. Overall these colors work well on my pale skin. Pretty good staying power but like some other reviewers have said they are all pretty much the same color. I probably won't purchase but since I received this in a swap I am happy with it.

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products