April 20, 2014 | 1782 users online

Lipstick - New York Color - Ultra Last Lip Wear Caramel

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

The colors and textures are quite nice, but they are presented in such a cheap package. The smell is almost toxic and does not dissipate and the taste is horrid. Sometimes you get what you pay for. Trashed!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by anhitchcock

As far as lipsticks go, NYC is probably my favorite. I don't wear lipstick often, I usually stick with Maybelline's Baby Lips, but I love this shade and it goes on easily and lasts for a long time. I love the shimmery color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Once in awhile I like to wear a shimmery neutral color in place of my usual bright creamy lipsticks, and this one fits the bill quite nicely. I wouldn't have glanced twice at these had I not fallen in love with the "Sherry Sparkle" shade a colleague of mine wears frequently. I have a separate review on that one. Both caramel and sherry sparkle are gorgeous, similar in shade, and understated neutral lipsticks that tie whole look together without appearing too bright or shimmery. Caramel is a light coppery pink with a touch of brown. I do NOT look good in brown lipsticks but this one has warmth and a peachiness to it. In the tube it looks a little 70's frosty brown, but on my lips it just looks classy and elegant...especially in warmer months when I have more color on my skin. Looks lovely with my (faux) tan. I'm impressed with this lipstick, shade range and the fact that it doesn't dry out my lips...like so many others. I get at least a few hours of wear, and it's super easy to touch up...just swipe and go. I'm not crazy about the packaging as it doesn't roll down all the way but I've depotted it into a lipstick palette and reach for it often now. These look and wear like much higher end lipsticks for around $2.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by ILUVLC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the ultra last lipsticks and the ultra moist lipsticks from New York Color! They are hydrating,have great pigment with just one or two swipes, and sell at a great price(especially for a high school graduate/soon to be college student on a budget!). I especially love this color, it is definitely my favorite, it is not too dark nor too sheer and it is just gorgeous and it works for any season, day or night

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'd never tried any of NYC's Ultra Last Lipsticks before but came across a beauty blog recently with swatches of several lipsticks from this line, one of which being Caramel. Had I not seen the swatch photo's first, Caramel would have never been a shade I'd pick up on a whim as it looks so much darker and frostier in the tube than it does on my lips.
For reference I'm quite fair and mostly neutral undertoned leaning slightly warm (between shades N10 & NC15 in MAC) with dark brown hair & eyes &considered a "Clear Winter" :)
For me, Caramel shows up as a slightly darker than MLBB shade, with coppery undertones that lean red. It has pink undertones and is definitely not what I'd classify as a frost even though it's not matte either. It just has some dimension to it, and makes my lips look like I've applied a little gloss over top of the color which I really like :) Caramel is fairly hydrating (I don't need to wear a balm or gloss under or over it) However it isn't extremely long lasting. But with that being said, it's not any less longer lasting than any other basic lipstick that I own either. So overall, I'm totally pleased!
I found the Caramel shade at my local WalMart for $1.74. The other 2 shades I was interested in from the blog (Mousse & Fragile Pink) were not available at WalMart (not even listed on my local WalMart's NYC display) -so I purchased those shades at RiteAid for $1.92. But stores like RiteAid, CVS, & Walgreens very often offer BOGO 50% Off sales on NYC so it's very easy to get these lipsticks for even less than that price (which is already a steal in my opinion for less than $2 USD!)

I'd highly recommend not only Caramel, but all of the Ultra Last Lipsticks. The only reason I had to take 1 lippie away is for two reasons. The first being, when I got Caramel home the lipstick had broken off at the bottom, from the tube. I easily decanted it into a travel tub of course and just apply it with a lip brush. But these need to be handled with care as their quite fragile. (I unfortunately learned the hard way!) &The other reason is simply because they ARE marketed as "Ultra Last" when I don't find them any longer lasting than other lipsticks that I've tried. These are two VERY minor complaints though for such great and inexpensive lipsticks. I definitely plan to repurchase and highly recommend -Way to go NYC!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by MissMadi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this lipstick after seeing it swatched on a blog that I love to read. This color is PERFECT for my skin tone. It looks like a MLBB shade with a slight bit of shimmer. People always ask me what I am wearing and they are so surprised to find out that it is a 94 cent lippy!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a holy grail shade for me. Caramel is a nudey coppery peach that looks very natural on the lips considering the metallic sheen of it. It is very subtle though so it is not garish or frosty. The formula is very smooth and it does not dry out your lips. It is not a long lasting lipstick as the name claims but the staying power is good. There is no noticeable scent to these lipsticks. This retails for 1.72 in my area but there is always at coupon for it in All For You magazine or in-store coupons so I've paid less than a dollar for this. I will always repurchase this shade and I will try others in the line.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Cammyb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay I love this color. Its not long lasting like it claims to be but is very moisturizing and has a moist, shimmery finish. I hate matte lipsticks and this is far from that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

I keep tossing this one in the reject pile and bringing it back, tossing it in and bringing it back. Maybe it's the metallic aspect of it that I have to be in the mood for with the makeup that complements it. Sometimes it looks nice and sometimes it doesn't. The formula is smooth, I don't detect any fragrance and it's got good pigment. It doesn't dry out my lips and it stays on for a while. Can't be beat for $2. Unfortunately, it doesn't wind down all the way in the container so be careful when capping the lid. It hasn't hit the trashcan yet, but I probably won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 12:28:00 AM More reviews by flamencovixen

Catalina's description of "Caramel" is dead on - a metallic, coppery peachy/pink on my pigmented lips. I, too, am not a fan of metallic lipsticks but Caramel's shade is gorgeous and the metallic luster isn't over the top. Caramel is a neutral to warm-toned lipstick. It's a great summer lipstick.

In terms of texture, I wish Caramel would be a tad more moisturizing but at least it's not drying like, for instance, Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks.

Packaging could be improved. I like that the cap is see-through so you can get an accurate idea of the color of the lipstick. It also snaps shut. The negative point of the packaging is that the lipstick doesn't swivel all the way down so that you have to make sure that when you snap the cap on, that you have steady hands or else you will nick the lipstick.