October 22, 2014 | 2089 users online

Styling Products - Victoria's Secret - So Sexy Styling Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by jericalee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product. Never have been a big fan of Victoria's Secret beauty products, but I guess glitter and sweet scents aren't my thing. However, I wanted a volumizing styling product that smelled nice and lingered for a while so I gave this a shot.

The consistency of this mousse is actually a little different than others I've tried, perhaps a little less dense. I've had best results using about a golfball size. For reference, have very fine, wavy/curly hair that goes to my shoulders and has a tendency to get very flat after a day of not washing.
So far so good. Haven't had the crunchy experience that others seem to have, but could imagine it happening if I used too much product or had too much water in my hair when applying it.

This is how I usually use it: I distribute it through my clean, towel-dried hair and let it air dry for about 20 minutes before blow drying sections with either a round brush or a hot air brush. My hair is bouncy and SHINY after this and doesn't seem to get greasy/flat nearly as quickly. I've also used it and allowed my hair to air-dry. As expected, I didn't get quite as much volume but it was still acceptably smooth and shiny.

The scent is nice and feminine, maybe a bit sweet for my taste. It lingers a bit but is in no way strong or perfume-y - I honestly kind of wish it was stronger.

This is one of the better mousses I've tried in a while, and I think the price matches its effectiveness. $12 for a decent-sized amount, but not as much as lots of other mousses. Definitely works better than any low-end mousse and maybe even some pricier mousses. I still miss my Ojon Tawaka Mousse (discontinued), but this is cheaper and comparably effective.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by TriDeltaDarling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've had good luck with out Victoria's Secret hair products, but this mousse left a lot of residue. My hair is thick with loose curls, so it takes a lot to weigh it down, but somehow this product did so. My hair just looked and felt damaged after using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Best mousse I've found so far,and you cant beat the price! No stickiness or weighing hair down, and it doesn't give you that crunchy texture, it looks natural and easy to comb out!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by applebottombooty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't really like this mousse at all. Like some of the other posters have mentioned, it feels sticky in my fine hair. I need something to help boost my hair off my scalp and wanted this to work. The hold it gives is good but my roots feel tacky and it's too hard to comb thru my hair to really work up the volume I need. I've had better lucky with other mousses that were cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by susie312

I bought this during their semi-annual sale i believe either around Christmas time or after. I tried their volumizing shampoo and it was pretty good so I wanted to give this a try. I don't like this, it leaves an oily residue everywhere and makes my hair knotty. The smell is great, but a little too strong for my taste. Good thing I bought this for about $1-2.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2008 5:23:00 PM More reviews by dinyell

I use this product with the volumizing shampoo and conditioner. I bought all three on a whim back in March (I use all 3 products every 2 to 3 days and I'm JUST now running out of shampoo and conditioner, but I have short hair) and I absolutely LOVE it! I see others say that it's "drying", but I think it actually helps keep my normally oily and limp hair great looking for atleast 2 to 3 days! It easily pumps up my hair from flat to fab with just a little help from a blow dryer to the roots. The smell is quite nice as well. I do love this product and I'll be buying the trio again soon!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2008 1:07:00 AM More reviews by DarleneAlene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

When I wore Victoria's Secret Body by Victoria perfume, this was perfect because they smell almost exactly alike.

Not too crazy about the fragrance anymore, but I don't mind it - especially because of the product's performance.

It's amazing for volume, and I hate to say it, but it works better than my Paul Mitchell Extra-Body Sculpting Foam.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by thefaircw

This is a good product for the price. The mousse selection at discount stores doesn't do much for me, and while I prefer a pricier brand, this is more in my budget these days ($9). It smells terrific, and a little goes a loooooong way. I do find it to be a little drying, but I think I will try the shine serum like some other reviewers have suggested.
I will buy more of this product when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by karo11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the So Sexy nourishing shampoo/conditioner and the shine syrum, so I figured I'd give the mousse a try. Well, much to my disappointment, it was a major strike out. I found it to be ultra-sticky. I blow out my thin, fine, short hair with a round brush each day, and after applying this stuff, I found it difficult to even get the brush through my hair. I'm actually going to return it to the store today!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

I'll admit upfront that I'm biased. I LOVE VS's So Sexy line...They smell good and make me feel really great. I rotate the nourishing shampoo and conditioner into my routine during the week, and I adore the smell. I like the serum on my hair after it's dry for shine and smoothing. This stuff is pretty good, and I'd buy it again. It smells good, gives good body and hold, but there's really no stiffness. I noticed with the first use that my hair felt dry after using it, so this time I started with some serum through my damp hair and the mousse on top. Much better! Even more interesting, my husband looked at me and said, "Wow, your hair looks really smooth and silky...Like chocolate!" (I have dark chocolate brown hair). If hubby's noticing, it must be good :)