Sephora Sephora All Over Skin S40 Bronze

4.5

on 7/6/2007 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a relatively inexpensive bronzer, and it works pretty well on my fair skin, but it requires a VERY light touch, or it looks orange. I wish it had a little less shimmer too, but overall it's a good buy. It stays on well, too.

on 4/21/2006 6:27:00 PM

This is great stuff! It gives my light skin just enough glow to make me look healthy but not unnatural. It's nice and rosey, not overly orange or yellow for my pale British skin like some bronzers. At $12, the price is also reasonable. The packaging is excellent too -- the lid is the perfect shape for tapping excess bronzer off the brush, and if I close the compact upside down, nothing is wasted.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great for sculpting a hollow for my cheeks. I use this bronzer like a blush because a makeup artist once told me that using blush to sculpt is too unnatural. Too pink or orange or whatever. She always used bronzer, so I gave this a try after returning my MAC Refined Golden bronzer which made me break out. This was $6.50 cheaper and way better. It's not as heavy or oily as MAC, and the color is light enough for my light skin. A little shimmer. Light scent which I can't smell on me, only in the compact. I love the simple packaging and I don't need to pay more for a mirror as I have so many. Better deal than MAC or CARGO at $12.

on 5/28/2005 3:30:00 PM

I've been using this bronzer since last summer and it's one of my favorites. The shade gives me a golden-looking tan and has some gold shimmer to it, although not too much. It has a slight floral smell to it, which I only notice when I sniff the compact itself, not when I'm applying the bronzer. The color lasts all day on me and doesn't end up looking dirty or fakey-orange. The compact is sturdy, but has no mirror. I'd be willing to pay a little more to have a mirror, but this won't stop me from repurchasing. A nice product for $12. EDIT: OK, after using NARS Laguna and BB Light I can see where this is orange-y in the pan by comparison. BUT, it still looks nice on me because my natural tan is golden. So, I would describe this as golden tan when applied, not orange. But, I took off one lipstick, anyway, because when this is compared to something like those other bronzers, it isn't worthy of 5-lippie status. But it is a nice bronzer and a good buy.

Popular Bronzers