October 22, 2014 | 1780 users online

Blush - Origins - Pinch Your Cheeks-- Brownberry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to write a separate review for this product simply for the formula and color (I wrote another review in the pyc general review category).

Color wise, this is as near perfect as I can get to anything resembling my own color that I have tried to date. This is a brownish red (looks like a burgundy wine stain without getting too cool or plummy) and is the most sophisticated of all the cheek stains I have tried to date. I love my tarte cheek stains, but they can lack a sophistication (yes, even blushing bride) and can appear too bright on occasion. (The softer shades of the tarte stain layer nicely over the heavier pigmented ones,but sometimes simplicity wins out and that becomes too much to fuss with). Also, I am in love with this gel-formula. I blend it over the oils I use on my skin (grapeseed and sweet almond oil) and it blends in seamlessly. I did have to layer and take some practice at getting the hang of how much to push out of the tube, as well as how many layers to apply (one cheek perpetually was deeper than the other until I discovered this). Quite frankly, while I loved the bright, healthy and innocent flush I could get with my tarte stains, I never felt like I had that sexier, smoldering flush that I can get with this.

I'd recommend keeping a clean sample jar handy to catch the excess if you squeeze out too much so you'd end up wasting.

Another note would be the small amount of product. I think I could *easily* go through one of these in about 2 mo. time, using every day. This feels lighter on my skin than my tarte stains, which is a bonus since I workout with a bit of blush on as well as often fall asleep with my MU on. I like that you get a small amount for $11 though, simply because I like that I can travel with it easily and it was not a hefty investment price-wise to try out. Unlike my tarte stains, which were great because you're pretty much set for life on each color, you are indeed going to have that product for life, heaven forbid you grow tired of it, I know I will have used this product (origins pyc) up long before I can get sick of seeing it on my face.

I layered this originally over my tarte tipsy cheek stain (once that sunk in) and wore nicely. I'm going to try layering it over/under more of the tarte stains to see what I can get, but for now the pleasure of the simplicity and minimal size of this has replaced my tarte stains inmy bag.

They had a cyber monday sale and I stocked up on Brownberry and am excited to use it this winter for a deep brownish burgundy flush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by katiekiley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used this product since first purchasing the original "raspberry" shade about 10 years ago. Still haven't found anything better in terms of natural look as well as staying power! I have skin that isn't too oily but literally "eats" makeup throughout the day, long-wearing or not -- and let me tell you, this stuff stays on from 6am until I wash it off at the end of the night. The packaging does make the product ooze out, but if you re-cap it promptly, it's not a big deal. Also, application of any stain is a learned art (blend quickly!!), but the results are well worth some practice sessions in the mirror. The brownberry color is absolutely awesome (which means that they'll discontinue it, just because I said I love it, lol), and looks totally natural on my fair skin -- the perfect flush for the fair-skinned brunette with dark eyes. Not too pink, not too brown... juuuuust right!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2006 10:57:00 AM More reviews by fnaydin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite blush of all time. I have been wearing it DAILY since I bought my first tube a few years ago. It's unbelievable how long this blush lasts!! I could never go back to any other kind of blush after being spoiled by Pinch Your Cheeks! And you can't beat the price!! The $10 tube lasts me almost 6 months!! The brownberry color is perfect for my olive-toned skin. I also like to wear the Raspberry color (the original Pinch Your Cheeks color) for a more flushed look, especially in the summer. I HIGHLY recommend this product!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2006 2:48:00 PM More reviews by xtinaxtina

This stuff is fantastic. I've been looking for a blush that would A) look natural & B) last all day. And here it is! I agree that the tube is not the greatest, the product keeps oozing out, but putting the cap back on takes care of that. You have to work fast with this stuff or it will dry streaky, but I think that's true of all stains. I love the Brownberry shade (similar to Bobbi Brown Chocolate Cherry Pot Rouge which I nearly bought but fortunately I saw this & got it instead - SO much cheaper & I think it has better lasting power) & I think I might also get the original (Raspberry?) shade as well. Why not, it's only $10!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2005 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Emma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm re-posting this from my review listed under the generic title "Pinch Your Cheeks" because I thought perhaps we ought to put this grand new color in its own category. So here's my (slightly updated) review:

Ok, so the packaging design sucks. There's too much pressure in the tube which means that the product is constantly oozing out. I have to quick swipe some onto my fingertip and then slap on the cap before more oozes out. HOWEVER, and this is a huge however (hence the all capitals), I have just returned to this product after about 7 years because I love the new color "Brownberry," which on me is the *perfect* sheer maroon, not too orangy, not too brown, not too blue. Right inbetween the original pinch-your-cheeks (Raspberry), Benetint, and Clinique Black Honey gel blush, another favorite of mine (until now!). I do like Clinique Black Honey, but Brownberry has a bit more "blue" in it to really complement my translucent olive skin tone. It's really a perfect dark red. So many dark reds turn brown or purple, and this one doesn't really turn one or the other-- it's just a darker red.

Most importantly, this product lasts ALL DAY, and stains both my cheeks and lips perfectly. I even tried building up the color on my lips and was happy to discover I could stain my lips a nice, deep maroon as well (unlike so many other gel stains). It really stains lips and cheeks both so well, that in the end, I don't mind the messy tube. A little bit of baking soda mixed with handsoap cleans the fingers. I'd definitely recommend this new color, and trying it on the lips. It's better than all the so-called lip-cheek stains out there (most of which are ok for lips or cheeks but not both) and I've tried all of them (longo, lorac, tarte, philosophy, delux, jouer, stila, gallerie noemie, lancome, etc).