August 20, 2014 | 1999 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Hope and a Prayer PM Capsules

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 9:18:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

These make your skin glow and feel like velvet. I will always use these!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2007 9:41:00 PM More reviews by kajoyce1

Don't waste your money on this. Buy Help Me! by Philosophy instead. I recently switched over, and the diference is considerable. Much better results.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2006 4:11:00 AM More reviews by ewiggs26

I'm not sure if these little things do anything for my skin, but I am in love with the texture and consistency of them. They feel so good going on to my skin. The capsule contents feel like grease when you squeeze it out, but when you put it onto your skin it just dissapears.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2006 10:03:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These little capsules of OTC retinol strength serum are wonderful. The can be used alone, or mixed in with your evening moisturizer. You open a new capsule each time you are applying a treatment, which is wonderful, because this keeps the product fresh, and super effective. I use it once or twice a week, with a moisturizer when my skin feels dry, and alone with my skin is oily. Since using these capsules, my skin tone has evened out, my face feels and looks smooth, my acne scars have begun to fade and my overall complextion is bright and healthy. I find this treatment to be very gentle on my skin, it has caused no breakouts, flaking or irritations. Overall, an effective anti-aging skincare treatment.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2005 5:12:00 PM More reviews by highendheaven

I don't think this product did a thing for my skin. I love the Philosophy "Hope In A Bottle"...use it to prevent breakouts at night and it works. But this-well, it did nothing bad, but nothing good either. Just OK.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2005 11:28:00 PM More reviews by beautyinside

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay, i just got the product after waiting 10 days from drugstore. I mixed it in with cetaphil--but I don't think I had to. It's more of a serum and it moisturized my acne-prone combo, starting to age mid twenties skin. It smells really, really fresh (like something green from the garden) and felt very soothing for a retinol product. Let's see what happens. I would like to say that the container is surprisingly small. Very small. Don't be shocked when you see how small the product is. I guess that's part of the psychology of purchasing: philosophy has really pretty packaging, and it's expensive for a small amount of product, so you want it to work, and you are more diligent about applying it. ;-)
****update 2 days later: i tried to use it without a moisturizer and it didn't sink in as well into my skin. It doesn't feel as emollient as it feels like velvet dry oil, if that makes any sense. My skin was also slightly irritated, and I saw huge bumps. On the plus side, a dark spot i had from picking came off in the morning. I'm taking off a lippie
----update after finishing the product: I really wanted this product to work, but it wreaked havoc on my skin (caused whiteheads deep in the surface of skin). I called philosophy in the middle of my treatment and the rep told me that this product has silicone, and to use this every other day, and that if that didn't work, to call back so they could set me up with another retinol product. I have to admit that it made my skin more even toned when I woke up, and it simply looked more healthy. However, I didn't have these deep whiteheads before I started this product (I had to get rid of them with a BHA/AHA). I wouldn't use this product if you have combo, acne-prone sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2005 9:35:00 PM More reviews by divafx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this product. It's a retinol capsule that is meant to be used nightly. The capsule packaging is genius because you break open a fresh one each night to ensure that you are getting maximum benefits and prevent oxidation of the product. This has done wonders for the redness and clogged pores on my skin. I was using a glycolic acid product every night that was literally tearing my skin up. My entire face was red and blotchy prior to trying this product. Within 2 days of using this my skin became more even toned, my red was gone, and my blemishes had started to heal. I can't go without this product. The greatest thing about it is that it was designed to mix in with their vitamin C powder and anti-oxidant serum (when hope is not enough). When mixed with these two items it just amplifies and speeds up the time it takes to make your skin smooth and beautiful. You can also mix with your own antioxidant or vitamin c serum with great results. This really is a great new product! Love it!