April 25, 2014 | 922 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Visibly Clear 2-in-1 wash mask

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

This for me was not really possible to use as a wash. It has clay in an is hard to removed and takes a while to remove. It is good as a facemask though. My skin felt better afterwards, cleaner, again took a while to remove an sometimes needs a moisturiser afterwards. But as I said, more a mask than a cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by emmahlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this a couple of years ago and rarely used it, kind of just left it in the shower and let my family use it up. Recently however my skin got really bad, we're talking dry patches, spots, oil, blackheads - you name it. I was getting really frustrated that nothing seemed to work and I went out to Boots and picked this up as I remembered having it before, and it was excellent value when you consider it's a cleanser and a mask in one.

I find myself using it as a mask more often than a cleanser, but it's top at both jobs. With just sporadic use (maybe once or twice a week for the mask) I've noticed a huge improvement in my skin. It's less oily, the dry patches are gone and any spots that do crop up are gone, no prolonged redness and slow healing.

If you're lazy like me and want a product that suits a low maintenance routine, buy this. I've gone through tonnes of cleansers and this is as good as it gets for me. The product itself smells nice, it's comfortable to wear as a mask and it's really gentle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 7:43:00 AM More reviews by Looth

This product works wonders on your skin. I have suffered with breakouts and acne for years and this product worked miracles on my skin. Week by week i noticed my skin became more clear, more firm, more evened out and gave me a more youthful radience. I used it day and night as a wash and weekly twise as a mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by gem2710

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very bland and nothing impressive when used as a wash, but I love it as a mask! You can really feel it working and my skin is always left smooth and refreshed, albeit a little bit tight but nothing a bit of moisturiser can't fix. I can't really say whether or not it's that great for acne but it certainly feels like it helps. Price is pretty good for what you get and I'll continue to buy to use as a mask. If only it was a good cleanser as well as a brilliant mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Koschira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

The first time I was using this was a couple of years ago and it did get rid of many pimples but it dried my skin out horribly. The second time I started using it again was a few months ago when I broke out horribly and no other cleanser worked really. This time though I bothered to read the discription on how to use it as a mask. (I know it was stupid) I did leave the mask on for 15 minutes instead of 5 so I guess this is the reason and me using this thing as a mask almost every day was the reason of the drought on my skin. All in all it is a very good cleanser for people with combo/ oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by arianabanana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this about 2 weeks ago - I have the one called "Rapid clear" so im hoping its the same one - its also a mask / cleanser duo.

I bought this as i had a sudden breakout of small, hard bumps along my hair line near the eyebrows. I knew i would need something more heavy duty than my normal cleanser to clear this up (Keihls). With the change in seasons my skin often has a freak out.

I found this to be great at helping to clear up any oily patches and pimples, it seems to stop any pimples in their tracks before they come to a head. Used as a cleanser it is refreshing and leaves the skin feeling clean but not tight. Using this product as a mask is where i got the most benefit - once i had my outbreak i used this on the problem areas only for 5 minutes 3 days in a row - might sound like a bit much but it did the trick. I also used it on my nose for a couple of days in a row and found it cleared out a few really stubborn blackheads I had which is a bonus. You may have a few slight dry patches but nothing a small amount of manual exfoliation wont fix.

This is a good option if you have sometimes-acne. I took a couple of lippies off as i wouldnt use this all year round and its a little more then i like to pay for a supermarket cleanser.I would buy again though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Footballmad95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have naturally oily and hyper-sensitive skin, and when I was visiting home from University and forgot my usual facial wash, I decided to give it a try as it was on offer for only £2 in ASDA.
I've been using it regularly twice a day as a cleanser for about a week, and I'm already noticing drastic results. Due to my fair complexion (which makes me look like the love-child of Count Dracula and Rebecca Brooks), I used to be plagued by red acne scars on my face, and hormonal acne, however I've noticed that it effectively fights off my hormonal acne, and fades my scarring.
Another bonus I've noticed is the fact it's been removing my blackheads, which I could never usually get to move, even with expensive black-head removing scrubs. My skin has also been left tighter and it feels exceptionally clean after use, and I'd have to say, I love this product.
It hasn't dried out my skin (I follow with Simple's Light Moisturiser), nor have I had an allergic reaction (and considering my skin has a tendency to react badly at the slightest change, I'm really impressed.)
I'd recommend this product, and I'd definitely use it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Ruthmostyn

Amazing, skin feels really fresh and clean after use + really reasonable price

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by unicornkopi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very dry skin and suffer from redness, blotchy cheeks and the odd blemish. I had ventured around trying samples of more expensive cleansers and exfoliators from the likes of Clarins etc, but fell upon this as a cheap option to tide me over during a particularly 'bad skin' month.

When I first started using this my skin did feel excessively dry, small dry patches appeared but I knew that was mainly my skin adjusting to a new product as well as the cold weather dehydrating my already dry skin. I used this at least once a day if not twice, it's easy to use in the shower or at the sink for a morning/night routine. I just dampen my face, cover my face in the clay like wash, then massage the skin in circular motions focusing on places where I feel my pores are most visible - then rinse.

After a week or two I couldn't be without this product, I've already bought another tube even though I'm no where near low. My blemishes are all clearing up great and my over all redness/patchiness has pretty much gone away! My skin looks much clearer, smoother and healthier and because of this I've found my foundation sits much happier on my skin without moving or sitting in dry patches or creases in the skin.

I do recommend finding a routine to suit you best with this wash, I found with dry skin it was a struggle to find cleansers to purify my pores and get rid of blemishes without it stripping out oil and causing dryness - so combated this issue by using Body Shop's Vitamin E cream, as well as Castor Oil on an evening on my dryer areas. I've never been happier with my skin, so please give this a go!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by finnie

This product is the reason I finally, after years of reading reviews on this page decided to join and write a review of my own. It is by far the best cleanser I have ever used and I have used A LOT of cleansers in my lifetime. I've got quite a problematic skin, very prone to hormonal breakouts, especially on the chin, large pores, blackheads but also quite sensitive with some dry areas. My skin reacts very easily and very angrily to most products so I have to be careful with what I use on my face. After trying literally everything from very harsh acne products to gentle and all-natural cleansers, and using a fortune along the way I was soo happy to find this product (albeit a little annoyed I didn't find it earlier as I could've saved myself a lot of prescious time and money). Oh well. But this stuff is amazing, my skin has honestly never been this clear! I use it with my clarisonic and together they work wonders keeping spots at bay. I don't even need to moisturize every night anymore because my skin just feels so much softer too. I've used this for almost 2 years now and have tried something different in between for a change a couple of times which has always resulted in breakouts. Hence the quick return to my beloved Neutrogena.