July 23, 2014 | 2121 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Visibly Clear 2-in-1 wash mask

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by peachhsorbet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

PROS:
------------------------
This product is very affordable. I will continue to use it as a mask until it runs out, because it is quite effective in that way. I also like how it make my skin feel when I put it on - it feels tingly and fresh. The bottle the product is in is easy to use. If you want an affordable face wash/mask then I'd definitely recommend this. Does help my oily skin.

CONS:
-------------------------
Too many chemicals in it which I don't want to be absorbing into my skin. As a face wash it irritates my skin and makes it blotchy and red. Sometimes I get red bumps on my t-zone and this only makes it worse by further irritating it (but as a mask it's good as I feel it's soothing). Using as both a face wash and mask can dry my face out. NEUTROGENA TEST ON ANIMALS.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by beautycravings101

Here's a bit of background about my skin : I suffered from a mixture acne types, at 15 I had such bad acne that I had to go on acne medication #epiduo. While this made my skin look like porcelain, after 5-6 months free of it, I broke out, this time with more angrier and more persistent pimples. I had papules, white heads and black heads and 1 to 3 cystic pimples( blind and painful pimples), mostly on my chin and forehead. With additional teenaage hormones, I also got comedonal acne (bumpy skin colored acne) on my cheeks. With the neutrogena rapid/ visible clear wash and mask,my skin improved significantly, along with ESKINOL+CLYNDAMAYCIN toner(google it), my skin looked and felt 98% better, my scars lightened, my pores were tightened, my spots were disappearing and no more cystic angry acne and whiteheads and blackheads. Also I only use the mask on my problem areas for 5 mins then rinse of with warm water, then toner. After this, you will see your whiteheads to have no pus in it. And blackheads significantly reduced.YAY.
People with oily,acne /spot prone skin or hormonal acne, try this bcuz, its AMAZEBALLS.period. :D

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by nlakhani

A terrible wash and mask! Felt like putting paint on my face and it also broke me out in spots! Not an easy wash to use either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This for me was not really possible to use as a wash. It has clay in an is hard to removed and takes a while to remove. It is good as a facemask though. My skin felt better afterwards, cleaner, again took a while to remove an sometimes needs a moisturiser afterwards. But as I said, more a mask than a cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by emmahlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this a couple of years ago and rarely used it, kind of just left it in the shower and let my family use it up. Recently however my skin got really bad, we're talking dry patches, spots, oil, blackheads - you name it. I was getting really frustrated that nothing seemed to work and I went out to Boots and picked this up as I remembered having it before, and it was excellent value when you consider it's a cleanser and a mask in one.

I find myself using it as a mask more often than a cleanser, but it's top at both jobs. With just sporadic use (maybe once or twice a week for the mask) I've noticed a huge improvement in my skin. It's less oily, the dry patches are gone and any spots that do crop up are gone, no prolonged redness and slow healing.

If you're lazy like me and want a product that suits a low maintenance routine, buy this. I've gone through tonnes of cleansers and this is as good as it gets for me. The product itself smells nice, it's comfortable to wear as a mask and it's really gentle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 7:43:00 AM More reviews by Looth

This product works wonders on your skin. I have suffered with breakouts and acne for years and this product worked miracles on my skin. Week by week i noticed my skin became more clear, more firm, more evened out and gave me a more youthful radience. I used it day and night as a wash and weekly twise as a mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by gem2710

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Very bland and nothing impressive when used as a wash, but I love it as a mask! You can really feel it working and my skin is always left smooth and refreshed, albeit a little bit tight but nothing a bit of moisturiser can't fix. I can't really say whether or not it's that great for acne but it certainly feels like it helps. Price is pretty good for what you get and I'll continue to buy to use as a mask. If only it was a good cleanser as well as a brilliant mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Koschira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

The first time I was using this was a couple of years ago and it did get rid of many pimples but it dried my skin out horribly. The second time I started using it again was a few months ago when I broke out horribly and no other cleanser worked really. This time though I bothered to read the discription on how to use it as a mask. (I know it was stupid) I did leave the mask on for 15 minutes instead of 5 so I guess this is the reason and me using this thing as a mask almost every day was the reason of the drought on my skin. All in all it is a very good cleanser for people with combo/ oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by arianabanana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this about 2 weeks ago - I have the one called "Rapid clear" so im hoping its the same one - its also a mask / cleanser duo.

I bought this as i had a sudden breakout of small, hard bumps along my hair line near the eyebrows. I knew i would need something more heavy duty than my normal cleanser to clear this up (Keihls). With the change in seasons my skin often has a freak out.

I found this to be great at helping to clear up any oily patches and pimples, it seems to stop any pimples in their tracks before they come to a head. Used as a cleanser it is refreshing and leaves the skin feeling clean but not tight. Using this product as a mask is where i got the most benefit - once i had my outbreak i used this on the problem areas only for 5 minutes 3 days in a row - might sound like a bit much but it did the trick. I also used it on my nose for a couple of days in a row and found it cleared out a few really stubborn blackheads I had which is a bonus. You may have a few slight dry patches but nothing a small amount of manual exfoliation wont fix.

This is a good option if you have sometimes-acne. I took a couple of lippies off as i wouldnt use this all year round and its a little more then i like to pay for a supermarket cleanser.I would buy again though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Footballmad95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have naturally oily and hyper-sensitive skin, and when I was visiting home from University and forgot my usual facial wash, I decided to give it a try as it was on offer for only £2 in ASDA.
I've been using it regularly twice a day as a cleanser for about a week, and I'm already noticing drastic results. Due to my fair complexion (which makes me look like the love-child of Count Dracula and Rebecca Brooks), I used to be plagued by red acne scars on my face, and hormonal acne, however I've noticed that it effectively fights off my hormonal acne, and fades my scarring.
Another bonus I've noticed is the fact it's been removing my blackheads, which I could never usually get to move, even with expensive black-head removing scrubs. My skin has also been left tighter and it feels exceptionally clean after use, and I'd have to say, I love this product.
It hasn't dried out my skin (I follow with Simple's Light Moisturiser), nor have I had an allergic reaction (and considering my skin has a tendency to react badly at the slightest change, I'm really impressed.)
I'd recommend this product, and I'd definitely use it again.