Becca Powder eye shadow in Lame

3.8

on 9/17/2007 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I think this a really pretty color- On me it's more of a medium shimmery silver with a touch of taupe. The eye shadow itself is pigmented, soft and easy to blend.

continued >>

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This shade is pretty, but I prefer Cargo Yukon which is more of a silvery taupe. Lame has some gold undertones or something that make is a little more difficult for me to wear (NW25ish). The compact is really cute with it's little mirror inside

on 1/18/2007 10:15:00 PM

This is just beautiful - I am slowly becoming a taupe addict and this is my favourite! This has to be the most pigmented, most finely milled shadow I have ever used - makes MAC seem like chunks of rock. Only complaint is the price - but you have to pay for perfection I guess!

on 5/29/2006 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have a couple Becca shadows and they have been hit or miss. Some i like and some i dont. This one is just okay. Looks like a beautiful shimmery deep taupe. Kinda like Chanel Vega or Shu ME 945. Except on my lid it loses the taupiness and looks more like a grey. Prettier in the pan than on my lids. ITs not an awful color. Color is silky smooth, easy to blend. Just not a must have shade. The shadow is definately pricy at $20 for a small eyeshadow in a brown and silver compact with mirror.

on 12/23/2005 9:08:00 PM

The Becca powder eye shadows come in a compact that looks exactly like their blush/concealer etc. compacts only smaller. The container houses only 1g of product, which at US $20 for this small gem is quite little! As opposed to what other people have reported I've never had any of my Becca e/s break or crumble.

The e/s is easy to blend and pigmented. Applied on top of a primer (MAC paint, UD PP) it lasts through a whole day on me. The shade- Lame- is rather complex, a shimmery silvery taupe along the lines of Shu ME945 and Stila dapple. This might be especially of interest since the ME945 was discontinued. The Becca e/s is just a tad more coolish toned than the Shu e/s and thus looks great paired with lavender for example. The quality is convincing in my opinion, so I am planning on getting more Becca e/s although they are so pricey. Other e/s brands I love are Trish McEvoy, Stila, Aveda (old formula), Shu to give you an idea which kind of consistency I prefer. continued >>

on 5/25/2005 7:23:00 AM

Lame is a neutral taupey shade with lots of shimmer. It looked intriguing in the pan but on my eyes (green) it's just an OK neutral shimmery taupe. The texture is soft, the shimmer is a bit too metallic for day (but great for night and those with un-crepey lids) and the staying power is not all that - I need to use my Guerlain eye base or it's gone in a flash! Packaging is cool but all in all I'm a little disappointed in these especially for the price. ***UPDATE*** I took this with me when I travelled to another country to get married... it broke! My other Becca shadow also broke - not completely but a piece came off and the rest looks uncertain - but all my other eyeshadows (half a dozen of them!) were just fine.