August 27, 2014 | 1614 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Cottage Cheese

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by marysmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product has a weird flaky, chalky look when you put it on. It seeps into the creases and just doesn't look flattering at all! Wouldn't buy again OR recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by makeyourself420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay okay i've just started getting into adding a white hightlight in my crease and i love the look, im getting told i look 'fresh and glowy" when im using it. Read up a bunch of reviews and cottage cheese seemed to be the way to go!

My cons:
Creases very easily
kinda hard to apply. I tried rubbing a bit on my hand and applying it with a 228 Mac brush. even harder.

Pros:
cheap
beautiful shimmery white
can be used as a base
lasts all day for me.

Iam on the hunt to find the perfect white shimmer pencil! i got my eyes on the rimmel crayons but they dont sell the white shade here :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by MissSmile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this to highlight my inner corner. It does a terrible job. It's so drying and it creases a lot. The cap broke too.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by hazelpug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

IT CREASES SO MUCH!!! and you cannot sharpen it

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by dakotahblu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't use this as an eye shadow crayon. I ran out of my regular illuminator/highlighter, mortgage week, budget was crazy tight. A quick stroke above cheekbones, brows, down nose, bow of lips and blend blend blend works like a charm, surprisingly subtle and it is crazy affordable. I am fair complected, so it doesn't scream white stripe crayon or anything. I think this works GREAT as a highlighter, and at $5.25 saves me about $35.00 over my old Nars highlighter. I don't think I am going back. Over my face primer and foundation it stayed on all day, a solid 10 hours of subtle sheen. I also used to it lighten up and shimmer out a berry lip color, worked really well as well. Great inexpensive multi- use color. I also have the one in champagne, I do use this one as an eye color sometimes, but, have also used in the same way as above when I want a little more color and warmth. The cashmere one LIVES in my travel make up bag. You can do sooo much with this for one pencil. love love love. Yeah, when they run out I will buy them again, want to go get the pale pink shimmer one, With my eyes primed I did not have any issues with creasing, but I did apply it with a light hand and blended,it well, so not much there to crease really.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by ml44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I liked Milk as a shadow base and wanted to also try something similar. Cottage Cheese is even better because ii is more sheer than milk, although it is still white. When I use it as a base my eyelid color shows through because it is a translucent white. It is shimmery but a lot less so when applied than I thought looking at the stick. I lost the first one I had in my house somewhere and bought another one as soon as possible. It is a great base because it makes powder shadows more intense and smooth. I'm surprised that Milk is more popular.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the shade I've been searching high and low for that 'luminescent' eye look. (highlighted look in the inner corners and under the eye with a shimmery cream shadow/pencil)
I regret buying those silver eye pencils in my attempt to re-create that look when this pencil was under my nose all along.
It was either Cottage Cheese or the highly touted Milk and I'm glad I chose Cottage Cheese. It has a soft sheen/shimmer without being over the top and it really brings out my brown eyes.
It looks much softer than using silver and the staying power isn't bad. It lasts for about 5 hours on me and then I need to touch up a bit.
I wish it were a push up pencil but for the price and colour, I'm willing to sharpen it.
My search is over and I hope NYX doesn't discontinue this pencil.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by signedxchantese

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

(NW47) The day I bought it, it broke. I had to tape it. I thought I could use this to replace milk, but it was a shimmery silver-ish color. It's okay. I'm more of a golden girl, so wearing this kind of scares me. It's really just been sitting there, I don't have any looks to wear with it. It goes on creamy and seems to stay for awhile though, so there's a plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by jewelmeow

a must-have in everyone's makeup collection. you can literally use this anywhere on your eyes - highlighting the inner corner, brow bone, use as a base all over your lid, layer it on top of other shadows for an everyday natural look... this shade is so versatile and my favorite shade out of all nyx jumbo eye pencils.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this a lot for golden/bronzey smokey eyes. It works as a great base for my shadows (after I apply UDPP). I actually prefer this to Milk because of the slight shimmer it has. I feel that it also glides on more smoothly and is less opaque, making it look a bit more natural on my lids. I would highly recommend this.