October 31, 2014 | 1527 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by marissaxx98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

With all the hype this product has received I expected it to be my new HG eye shadow primer/base. Well, it is definitely not that. I wear makeup from 6am to 9pm and I would like it look at least somewhat decent by the end of the day. With this product my eyelids are a creased mess by 3pm. So disappointing! I really, really wanted to love this but it just doesn't do a good enough job for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:34:00 AM More reviews by xKandixRaverx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I picked it up, thinking it would be a good cheap base for my neon eyeshadows. It creases quite a lot even if I use a primer (Urban Decay Primer Potion, if it helps). It does a good job of brightening up the inner corners of the eyes and lining the waterline though. 7/10. Would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Laurenloveslife08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this product!!!! It's a soft white that makes a perfect base and for me it was really easy to blend. It's a fairly reasonable price too. Although its hard to sharpen once the tip starts to wear down it still works just fine. I love using it as a base and along my waterline it just brightens things up so much! Defiantly going to repurchase:)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by mscourty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great product for such a low price! I use it as an eyeshadow primer and a highlighter on my brow bone The only downside I've found is that it can be a mission to find a sharpener big enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Seriously a must have for any makeup kit, at a fantastic price! This product is so versatile. I've used it for so many different things-as an eyeshadow base, which it's fantastic under bright colors & really makes them pop (though I wouldn't suggest using it just on it's own as a base as it may crease-over eye primer it won't though), to line my waterline, & I've also applied it with an eyeliner brush, then layered eyeshadow over it to create a colored winged liner look. I've also even used it as a base to make lipcolors-I'll just apply it to my lips, then apply a pigment or eyeshadow over it. You can literally have any lipcolor you want then. Which I love-I see all these fantastic looking crazy colored pastel & bright lipsticks lately but don't wear colors like that very often, so now I don't have to spend any extra money on lipsticks I may only use once in awhile. It glides on easily & has a nice creamy texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by foxbaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love love LOVE this product! I think the packaging is attractive, and the product is really nice quality for the cheap price. It's like a large white crayon I've wanted this for the longest time and never got around to ordering it until a few weeks ago. I ordered mine from the Ulta website for about $2.

Pros:
- cute packaging
- highly pigmented
- doesn't break the bank!
- multiple uses
- good consistency
- easy to apply and blend
- long lasting

Cons:
- none!

USE ON THE WATERLINE:
I'm a huge fan of the dolly eyes look, or using a white shadow/liner on the bottom waterline in order to make the eyes appear larger. I have gone through my fair share of white eyeliner duds and this one is anything but. It is highly pigmented and easy to apply. And if you're like me and not used to a larger pencil, it is easy to blend out so it doesn't look like you put wayyyy too much on by accident (even though you did). If you're looking for a more subtle, natural look, this pencil also has a nice brightening effect when applied to the inner corners of the eyes.

USE ON THE EYELID:
This is a useful product in the way that it can be used as an eyeshadow primer as well as an eyeliner. When used as an eyeshadow primer, I feel that it stays/works better if you have already applied foundation or another primer on your lids. The white pigment helps to intensify the colors of the eyeshadows and also helps them last longer. Worth it!

Overall, I give this product 5 lippies and I will definitely buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Sarahtiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product (in the shade milk), but not for its intended purpose. On my eyelid, applied as suggested, I find it goes a bit weird and looks quite waxy. Iíve never been much good with eye pencils or crayons however so that may be more about me than the product.

What I find it brilliant for however is as an under-eye corrector/brightener used BENEATH a concealer, though this is probably only good for pale skins. I have really bad dark circles and find this product allows me to use about half the amount of concealer I would otherwise to still get the same coverage, avoiding the make-up overload. It also helps brighten the inner corner of my eye without any weird shimmer (which tends to be very unflattering on me as I have slightly bumpy under-eyes).

The key is in the application. After applying a moisturiser and letting it sink in, I put a very slick primer on my under-eye region (I use The Body Shop Matte It primer but there are loads of similar ones out there). I then immediately apply some of the eye pencil to my ring finger and gently dab it into worst part of my under-eye circles, using very gentle strokes to blend it with the primer. The primer is key here, Iíve tried it with no primer and with the urban decay eye primer potion (which I find good for my eyelids) but it didnít really work, you need something quite slippery to keep it smooth. Also, make sure only to apply it to the worst areas of darkness (for me this is beneath the inner corner of my eye) to avoid reverse panda eyes. It will look a bit weird and ashy at this stage, but then I apply my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer over the top, followed by my mineral powder (Everyday Minerals Matte Base). The whiteness of the eye pencil allows the true colour of the concealer and powder to come through and gives me the best dark circle coverage Iíve ever achieved.

Iíve tried the popular Bobbi Brown Corrector and several illuminating concealers in a similar manner but never got as good a result. In fact I MUCH prefer it to the Bobbi Brown corrector. Used with the right primer this product is easier to apply and not so prone to going cakey or flakey. I only wish that this Jumbo eye pencil came in a very pale peach or pink Ďcorrectorí shade and not white, as it might work even better; in particular I suspect that, in milk, this might not work too well for darker skins.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

Dear God I wish I had heard about this long ago. This one product is the thing I can not live without. I use it to highlight under the eye after which I set it with NYX HD Studio powder foundation in Ivory. It looks as good as using MAC's setting powder which is great but expensive and too white. Also great for under the brow. I also use it on the bow of my upper lip for highlight. This is a must have for any makeup gal. Especially if you like that Kim K highlighted make up look.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this for putting underneath my eye shadows. I haven't had any problem with creasing, but I use a really thin layer. This helps with keeping the eye shadow colors stick and makes them more rich. It is also nice for the waterline and inner corner to make your eyes pop. I wouldn't say this is a god-send product, but is good for those who like budget makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by sophieeanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is really nice for your water line, it opens up the eyes and really helps to make you look more awake and bright. I wouldn't use this as a eye shadow primer because they crease like crazy and it would only make the creasing worse (for creasing I recommend the Maybelline Color Tattoos or the Mac Paint Pots) but for enhancing and making your power eyeshadows more bright and pigmented I think they do a really good job. I recommend this product and would so repurchase.

Retail price- $4.50