July 31, 2014 | 1506 users online

Styling Products - Clinique - Perfectly Straight

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2008 11:07:00 AM More reviews by melisma0620

I love this product for straightening, it helped to keep the frizziness down when I blow dry my hair and made it easy to run the flat iron through it. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2005 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Blondie1017

I like this for defining curls and making hair frizz free. I actually expected more from this product, it just seemed very ordinary. i would not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2004 4:50:00 PM More reviews by vze3bn2k

I'm using that one for medium/thick hair. i have long, kind of wavy and a bit curly hair. it does keep my hair not that wavy, but i found it a bit too heavy and oily for my hair. If i apply it in the morning, by the evening my hair will look quite oily. The packaging is ok, a bit hard to get it out i think. So overall it got 3 lippies from me, but don't think i will repurchase again. i think Redken #5 gel is a bit better, that one keep my hair soft, not wavy and styling in one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2004 3:20:00 AM More reviews by tabithaw

I have thick coarse wavy slighty longer than shoulder length hair. After wasting huge amounts on styling products to try and defined my waves, I opted to go the other way - straightening.

I use this with a blow dryer and it really does straighten my hair. Nourishes it too. However I find it too greasy for my hair ( I need to clip my hair away from my face when I use this, if not i breakout) & have to wash my hair everyday. Pity cos it really works well that I dont need the extra step of a straightening iron. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2004 6:07:00 PM More reviews by mtack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product did nothing to my wavy,coarse,frizzy hair. Plus it
made my hair with unwanted vloume
since this product is not humidity
proof.Biosilk Therapy works better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2004 6:17:00 PM More reviews by roxy_pink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff works great to straighten my wavy-ish hair. After using this and a flat iron my hair is stick straight. It so conditioning too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2004 2:42:00 PM More reviews by beachkitty79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff works! It is hard to find a straigtening cream or serum that actually works. Be careful not to use too much though or it will make your hair look oily. I have very thick hair that is shoulder length, so I use the cream. The serum is for thin hair. If your hair is like mine, I would suggest using a quarter-size amount. Update: I think they must have discontinued the serum in this and now only carry the cream. There is a serum that they carry, but I think it is a serum that is just supposed to be for extra shine. I haven't tried this in a while, but it's still great if it works like it did when I first tried it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2004 5:48:00 PM More reviews by ledonatella

I use this product religiously! As much as I love my Aveda Universal Styling Cream, it is too heavy on my hair at times and this is just perfect. I use the one for coarse/thick hair even though I have super fine hair and it still doesn't weigh it down (I don't like the consistency of the one for fine hair). I use it when my hair is dry before I flat iron or curling iron it, as a thermal protecter and also to help with frizz and keep it smooth and it does a wonderful job! I hope they never discontinue this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2004 8:48:00 AM More reviews by KellyRenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

...HOLY GRAIL ITEM FOR ME...

I don't use this product very often and there for I've had the same bottle for the last 2-3 years (I can't remember). I do remember that this was pretty expensive, so I'm glad that I don't use it that often. I hate the "little frizzies" that show up (mostly on the top of my head partline). The cap could be easier to open and I like push button caps like BioSilk Silk Therapy. I use a fairly liberal amount (about 2 quarters of product) and put it in my hair while it's still wet before blow-drying. I like the smell and don't find it offensive at all. When I don't feel like blow-drying, I use John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon or BioSilk Silk Therapy. This product definitely isn't meant to make your hair shiny, just straight. BioSilk (used sparingly!) is best for shine.

UPDATE 11/29/04: Changed rating from 4 to 5 stars. I also recommend that fine or thin haired gals not use this product because the cream formulation will weigh down your hair too much. It works great with my thick hair. I am now on my second bottle (purchased at CCO for about $10) and think it's totally worth the money. I don't use it everyday, but when I take the time to style my hair, this stuff it awesome! I find that I like this product used best when I apply it when my hair is towel dried, blow-dry my hair and then just a bit of BioSilk Silk Therapy for shine. It works best for me this way because the creaminess of Clinique's Perfectly Straight weighs down my hair to make it straighter and the gel formulation of Biosilk adds a nice amount of shine.

[long (mid-back), straight with a bit of natural wave, thick, somewhat greasy scalp & dry ends, (never dyed) strawberry blonde] continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2004 4:04:00 PM More reviews by MiloAukerman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't know whether this product would benefit myself since my hair is already straight, it did. My locks looked so glossy and well...perfectly straight. Those who are after straight voluminous hair should choose a different styling creme.

Update:I really had thought I found a great styling creme but alas I was wrong. This product left my hair perfectly greasy the day after application so I must go back to my trusty Redken Anti Snap.