July 25, 2014 | 1275 users online

Styling Products - Paul Mitchell - Seal and Shine

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by evettesadisutikku

This stuff is great.

I was using a different heat protectant which left my hair a little heavy and dull. Being a blonde, the one I used to use didnt offer much shine. Now with the Paul Mitchell Seal & Shine, my hair is looking healthy and shiny all day (with minimal fly aways yaaay) I blow dry my hair with a high quality dryer almost everyday. So this product is a must have for me. The packaging is ugly but simple, the smell is average. If it had a better smell it would get 5 stars. However its not a bad smell its just boring smelling. I got it for about 22-27 dollars at hairhouse warehouse in Victoria. Honestly, I would pay $40 for it if I had to.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by josefinejem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to use PM Heat Seal for heat protection, but last time I went to buy the salon didn't have any. Picked this up instead, and it is so much better! Whereas I think Heat Seal did a good enough job of protecting against heat it didn't really add shine (I use Super Skinny Serum for that), which this one really does. My hair is fine and straight anyway, but when using this before blowdrying my hair looks as if I've used straighteners. If I could give it 4.5 I would; only reason it isn't getting full marks is that if you over-spray it does weigh the hair down. Great product otherwise!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this! It makes my fine stick straight blonde hair extremely shiny and soft without adding any weight or grease to it. It's hard for me to find a heat protector that's light enough. Shine is out of this world (hard to achieve in blonde hair!). Price is great too. Count me impressed.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by FrogPrincess1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this product off and on for a year and still have over half a bottle. I have read the lable countless times and followed directions to a t, but I still have no idea what the heck this stuff does. I never notice any difference at all to my hair. I try to see a difference or notice anything new but nothing. It feels like I'm putting nothing on my hair. Idk for anyone else but again I have failed to see anything that this product is supposed to do. Over priced and worthless.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by cpramsey54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only used this twice but so far I like it. It definitely helps to make my hair shiny but I have to watch how much I use - otherwise it will weigh my hair down.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 3:39:00 AM More reviews by shabutey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about 5 years now. My hair is medium thickness, wavy and long. This does everything it says it will. Adds great shine, de-frizzes hair but the main thing is protect against heat styling. I dont often blow dry my hair, i will only use a hair dryer on half dry hair to speed up the process when im in need, which is about once a week. and use my GHD on my fringe about 3 times a week and on the rest of my hair about twice a week. No damage at all thanks to this, and ive been GHDing for 5 years. After towel drying my hair, i put in my morrocan oil and and other leave-in conditioner then let that sit for about 30 mins, then spritz this is my hair, probably about 7 or so spritz for my whole head. If i am going for that ultra sleek straight look, i spray more of this into dry hair right before using the GHD as it gives a silkier effect as its 'baked' into the hair.
Overall, i have probably repurchased this about 10 times already (1 bottle lasts me about 6 months) because it does what it says it will and never causes any problems. you cant feel it in your hair, it is so lightweight, I just love it !

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2011 6:14:00 AM More reviews by missjanesmith

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product didn't impress. I have a chin length bob and blow dry and straighten my hair so wanted a heat protector. However after only 2 sprays (one on each side) on my damp hair I felt my hair was weighed down so much.

It also made my hair very sticky. After blow drying when I came to straighten I could feel my GHDs sticking to my hair (whereas with all other products I've used they just glide gently over) and I started to get a bit of a build up on them. My hair also went greasy after a day.

It does smell lovely but it's very expensive. Wasn't happy with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by tdlamf

I have had this sitting in my stock of products for awhile and never tried it until last week...I am so glad that I did! It really did make my hair much shinier and softer!
The larger bottle (16.9 oz) retails for only $12 which is a STEAL, especially for a product that actually works.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by tdanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Makes hair super shiny! I always use this product everytime I do my hair, even at salons. It's truly a staple.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

I typically do not like spray heat protectors. I usually use creams or serums. However, I use this when I'm curling with a curling iron and I love it. It works great for that. A lot of spray heat protectors leave a weird feeling on my hair, but this product left no weird feeling and did add some shine.