BeneFit Cosmetics Gorgeous Georgia

2.5

on 6/15/2011 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

For the people that are complaining about 'not being able to see Georgia'
IT'S NOT A BLUSHER.
It's a highlighting/illuminating powder.
You put it OVER blusher, for example something which is abit of a flat colour like Dallas, it's liven's it up a little and gives it a shimmer.
Put it over anything warm, avoid putting it over cool tones like Dandelion.
I currently have bright red hair so i wear a lot of gold toned/coral blushers, and it looks lovely just swept over the cheek bone as an extra touch of shimmer.

on 12/2/2009 1:50:00 PM

Primero tengo que decir que yo no tengo la paleta, el solo de China Georgia colorete.
Cuando lo pedí por internet PENSABA que era un colorete muy suave melocotón, y Cuando lo probé lo Recibí y, comprobé que se colocaba muy poco en mi piel, y me desilusioné un poco.Pero luego Descubri que esto mas que un colorete polvos hijo para toda la cara, yo los utilizo ahora en los pómulos frente y ojos preciosos y quedan, pero sin color muy luminosa la cara. Despues si quieres te pones colorete o polvos de sol y quedan muy difuminados. Ahora me encantan!, Los utilizo como polvos sueltos para dar luz a la cara y funcionan de maravilla

Mmm, this pallette is sweet, but I'm not totally taken by it. The georgia powder is good at toning down any overenthusiam you might have had with your blusher and the eyeshadows are quite nice, but the lippy I don't particularly like (it's quite dark with my pale skin) and the powder brush is totally useless. I think perhaps these tones just aren't flattering for my blonde haired, blue-green eyed, quite pale complexion. Could just be me, but I doubt I'll be purchasing again. UPDATE: Okay, actually the powder is pretty amazing if used as a complexion powder, not as a blush... Makes my anything-but-flawless-skin look airbrushed! Just swipe it on using a big powder brush. Obviously, it's only fab when practise makes perfect! I'd say buy a full sized Georgia powder, don't waste your money on this less than fab pallette.

on 11/3/2006 11:57:00 AM

Benefit does a great job of marketing! I wanted this so much and finally got it (ebay) and I'm disappointed. I thought it would be a nice palette for a more "natural" look. The blush is nice and that's about it. The two eyeshadows are boring browns, seemingly low quailty imo and the lip gloss is a dull reddish brown. Nothing great. If you want this, save a few dollars and just buy the Georgia blush on it's own. That's the only good product in this palette and because it's a palette it's rather small.

on 7/28/2006 2:05:00 PM

Purchased on E-Bay, so I could'nt return it. So I gave it to my 11 year old daughter. It did nothing for me, so she can play pretend. Cant see it on her either. What a waste of $30.00!

on 12/13/2005 2:27:00 PM

$ 28 for the smaller than cd size palette. Pretty colors in the packaging but VERY translucent, light, almost invisible on skin colors. I have fair skin, blonde hair, blue green eyes, and when I wore this palette, I looked washed out, paler, and as if I wasnt even barely wearing any makeup. I know that some people like the bare look... you may like this if you are a darker pale, dark, or medium complected person with golden/olive undertones who is into minimalist makeup. For me its a no no. The eyeshadows faded into my skin color and looked naked. The blush also didnt show up. THe color is a pretty pale peach. Neutral tan eyeshadows. The packaging is paperboard with a magnetic closure. Good enough except it has torn up a bit in my makeup case, absorbs moisture and then starts to get a mildewy smell. Overall, I would say the texture nor colors are anything to write home about. I see comparable colors from Revlon, Cover Girl and Avon much cheaper and in better packaging.

on 11/7/2005 7:03:00 AM

Disappointing on so many levels. Bought this on the strength of the Georgia, which I have the full size of and love. I was sooo looking forward to this palette, which I thought would give the ultimate peachy glow. But the brown-based eyeshadows and lipstick in Gorgeous Georgia do the opposite -- they make you look drab instead of fab. I'm an AAB, NC35, and none -- I mean NONE -- of the colors showed up at all on my skin, being too poorly pigmented to do that. The champagne e/s, Buckle Bunny (which is also in the tons more successful Hoola Hues palette, BTW), gave my browbone a nice highlight, but I had to spackle on the mid-toned cocoa shade to get any definition whatsoever. And the lipstick, a matte brownish rose, did nothing but add a not-very-flattering brownish tint to my lips. The small square of Georgia powder (even in the full size it isn't pigmented enough to work as blush. I brush it on the cheeks, T-zone and chin to highlight my face, and top it off with a real blush like NARS Orgasm. Maybe on PPPs it would work as a blush.) seems true to the original. I just wish that instead of trying to make their Georgia powder smell peachy, they had focused more on making us, their (you can fool me once but never again) clients LOOK peachy with prettier, more "gorgeous" lip and eye shades. If you like the no-makeup makeup look, Gorgeous Georgia might fit the bill. Otherwise, save your money and skip this palette.

on 11/6/2005 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a cute cardboard palette that includes a lipstick (ylbb shade), 2 neutral e/s (matte brown and shimmery beige), a dual ended lip and e/s applicator and the georgia blush with a flat thin useless brush. It is convenient but the packaging isn't great. It's cardboard so of you lugg it around in your bag, eventually it will break apart. (tip: I put it in a ziplock bag to protect it). The colours are really nice and great for everyday. I'm nc30 and the lipstick is amazing YLBB shade rosy brown and the e/s enhance my brown eyes subtly. The powder highlighter/blush is peachy with slight shimmer and hardly shows up on my skin, even after multiple swipes but I learned that it's really nice as a highlighter for the face than a brush. In the end, I still like this becasue it enhances my features without looking garish and the powder gives me an overall glow. The 3 things that suck about this palette are the cardboard and the e/s-lippie applicator and the powder brush.

on 10/23/2005 8:37:00 AM

I actually rather like this palette. First of all a negative - the cardboard packaging is a nightmare and I don't think it will last 5 minutes in my make up bag. However, I really love the colours. The Georgia powder is rather lovely, and does give a gorgeous peachy glow, however I have to use tonnes to get it to show up on my medium skin. I have brown eyes and find that the two eyeshadows really work well. The nude lipstick is perfect for my medium lips - I can't believe I stumbled on a YLBB without actually having to hunt! The brushes are okay. Overall, I'd say this is a great palette for when you want an understated but polished look, that works equally well in the office or on for a natural, weekend look.

on 10/17/2005 9:56:00 AM

I bought this compact because I really like the Georgia powder (I already have the large one) and wanted it in a more portable form. I'm afraid I don't care for the eyeshadows or lip color at all! The eyeshadows are just too muddy and the lip color too blah. I usually wear browns and creams, but these just don't do anything on me. It's not worth it just for the Georgia powder (and the little brush with this set doesn't seem as nice as with the full size!)

Popular Palettes