December 22, 2014 | 1710 users online

Lip Gloss - Almay - Whipped Gloss - Sunrise Shine

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2006 7:50:00 PM More reviews by mjlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

We cant get this in Australia so i am very grateful to the MUAer who sent it to me ... to me, its very similar to one of my fav glosses - Stila IT gloss! It is very transparent and shimmery, shimmery ... and i like the brush tip ... much more than sponge applicators.
Yes, the colour is a mauvy, pinky, browny and it is quite netural on, but i like that ... esp when i have the dark eye thing going on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2005 11:42:00 PM More reviews by ahryb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I *finally* found this shade at Target a few days ago after much searching. I'm a sucker for "Limited Edition" colors so I even had to try the LE "Summer Bronze" shade, too (which is the deeper-pigmented counterpart to this "summer" shade). I think the Sunrise shade is more appropriate for a fair-skinned person like me, although it is a tad too frosty pink for what I prefer (I like more caramel/nude/gold tones). It looks nice, however. The Summer Bronze gives more color and would be just about perfect for me if it had less brown and more gold/red in it. But overall I like Almay's Whipped Glosses for the brush-on application, shine, and feel(and yes, I like the smell of it--minty to me). However, I do agree that it wears off very quickly and the colors are generally rather sheer/lightly pigmented. However, sometimes I am mostly after glossy shine with minimal color so that is when I reach for a gloss like this.